News Forum - “We’re fixing it” – Government responds to Thailand Pass complaints

Thaiger

A government spokesman says efforts are underway to fix glitches that have affected the Thailand Pass system since its launch. Social media has been awash with criticism from both Thais and foreigners attempting to use the system. Many have complained about delays in receiving the QR code required for travel, while others say they never received it at all. The Bangkok Post reports that PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has stepped in to order officials to fix the system, which was launched to much fanfare and promises of a more streamlined application process. Government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana says there are a number […]

The story “We’re fixing it” – Government responds to Thailand Pass complaints as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

10 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A government spokesman says efforts are underway to fix glitches that have affected the Thailand Pass system since its launch. Social media has been awash with criticism from both Thais and foreigners attempting to use the system. Many have complained about delays in receiving the QR code required for travel, while others say they never received it at all. The Bangkok Post reports that PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has stepped in to order officials to fix the system, which was launched to much fanfare and promises of a more streamlined application process. Government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana says there are a number […]

The story “We’re fixing it” – Government responds to Thailand Pass complaints as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

555. Any apologies?  Any reasons for incompetence offered? Any refunds offered for people missing flights etc?

Or just more broken promises. 

The Thai Govt needs to learn it is better to under promise and over deliver than over promising and CONTINUALLY under delivering. 

They are well practiced in the latter.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

🤣

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

“We’re fixing it”

Hmm....

"The cheque is in the mail"

Of course I will still love you tomorrow 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, EverHopeful said:

555. Any apologies?  Any reasons for incompetence offered? Any refunds offered for people missing flights etc?

The Thai Govt needs to learn it is better to under promise and over deliver than over promising and CONTINUALLY under delivering. 

Mate - you know that aint ever going to happen.  For those that dont know:  Thais fear loss of face more than than they fear death.  Think of it like this - us westerners fear public speaking more than death.  Thais fear loss of face, 1000 times more than we fear public speaking. 

• Like 2

Just cancelled my holiday for my wife and I which was due to start on the 10th in Phuket. As a casualty of the CoE conversion to Thailand Pass, I was told to get Thailand Pass. Three failed attempts of correctly loaded documents, in the right format/size, with booked Covid tests on arrival , staying at a Shaba+ hotel (banyan tree). I have no idea why I am rejected . One had stated I had not uploaded my passport! Which I had done. I consider myself very IT literate and I build my own PCs.

Given up .Might come back if they can get this Sh*tshow sorted

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Disgruntled said:

Just cancelled my holiday for my wife and I which was due to start on the 10th in Phuket. As a casualty of the CoE conversion to Thailand Pass, I was told to get Thailand Pass. Three failed attempts of correctly loaded documents, in the right format/size, with booked Covid tests on arrival , staying at a Shaba+ hotel (banyan tree). I have no idea why I am rejected . One had stated I had not uploaded my passport! Which I had done. I consider myself very IT literate and I build my own PCs.

Given up .Might come back if they can get this Sh*tshow sorted

Its a pattern of poor standard digital behavior here.  I have lost count of the number of websites, links and apps this lot have produced during the pandemic, none of which has been stable.  And to top it all, they lost stability on the one link that did work for most of us, the online 90 day report. I see that they are pushing their home grown online bitcoin.  Haha, who in their right mind would commit their money to one of their digital products, not me that's for sure. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Cathat said:

Is anybody really surprised that this latest cunning plan is not quite going as it was meant to.

I think Not.  I have have applied for the TP and I think the COE worked better for me.

• Like 2

Fail to plan, then plan to fail. The system should have been run alongside COE for at least a month to iron out issues. I had a pre approved COE with all the other documents provided for final approval. So passport and COVID certificate already approved.

Despite the FAQ’s stating that these could continue, the Embassy rejected it and the only reason given was, please now use the “Thailand Pass”. This was done with less than the 7 working days to apply. I did apply and I did get a response, shown below, but with way to small a window to do anything and no appeals system anyway.

I could not get through to the embassy, after waiting 2hrs for the phone to be answered, I was transferred to a department where the phone rang for another 10 minutes before cutting me off. Did this 4 times. I sent multiple emails asking for help 1st Nov.  Answers started to arrive last night 7th. 

lots of people have lost money including myself and there is no bigger deterrent to a future visit than the loss of hard earned money. 

I myself was rejected because my passport has my middle name and my COVID certificate doesn’t, (remember, this was already approved on the COE) The COVID certification is provided by the NHS and they don’t use middle names. So that’s a massive chunk of people that cannot visit unless the problem is resolved.

Maybe human error, maybe lack of human interaction, who knows. The end result is my plane leaves today and I won’t be on it, despite all the work and money involved on getting this far.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BBY said:

Fail to plan, then plan to fail. The system should have been run alongside COE for at least a month to iron out issues.

Best steel yourselves then .. they should've alloyed thereselves to someone who knows what they're doing .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Bangkok Post reports that PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has stepped in to order officials to fix the system . . .

. . . so no worries . . . 'im'll fix it 😇 !

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

The Bangkok Post reports that PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has stepped in to order officials to fix the system . . .

. . . so no worries . . . 'im'll fix it 😇 !

And we all know now what Jim liked to fix,  😂

I only wish I could get as far as applying for a Thailand pass. 

I'm still stuck trying to get a Visa from thaievisa, it won't allow me to register, claims I already have a account registered to my email address, so when I try to sign in saying I have forgotten my password it then claims I have entered a wrong code 😱😱😱🤬🤬🤬

7 hours ago, EverHopeful said:

I can see why you have used the name of “everhopeful”.  Im afraid you could wait until hell freezes over before an apology will come. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Mate - you know that aint ever going to happen.  For those that dont know:  Thais fear loss of face more than than they fear death.  Think of it like this - us westerners fear public speaking more than death.  Thais fear loss of face, 1000 times more than we fear public speaking. 

Spot on mate. It drives as much, if not more of the behaviour as money does. It’s in all tiers of Thai society. From the Government to the lady selling noodles. It is of course another clever manipulative tool to keep people down. Thais are raised by telling them - “Pointing out problem and highlighting another persons failures will make them loose face.  You mustn’t do that as it’s a terrible terrible thing”.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

6 hours ago, Cathat said:

Is anybody really surprised that this latest cunning plan is not quite going as it was meant to.

Not in the least bit surprised. Give it another 24 hours and many more to come.

Watching Thailand function is better than watching the best comedy series you will ever see on TV. I’ve often said they should make a tv series. They would make more money selling it around the world than they do from tourism. You can imagine it cant you. 
Episode 1 - 90 day Reporting

Episode 2 - PM tells people no more flooding

Episode 3 - Health Minister buys vaccines

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

I only wish I could get as far as applying for a Thailand pass. 

I'm still stuck trying to get a Visa from thaievisa, it won't allow me to register, claims I already have a account registered to my email address, so when I try to sign in saying I have forgotten my password it then claims I have entered a wrong code 😱😱😱🤬🤬🤬

Give up mate and create another gmail account. It’s easier. Good luck with the visa application. I’m doing a 60 day tourist application and lost the will to live. I’m thinking it would be easier to enter across the Myanmar border in the middle of the night 😂😂

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Give up mate and create another gmail account. It’s easier. Good luck with the visa application. I’m doing a 60 day tourist application and lost the will to live. I’m thinking it would be easier to enter across the Myanmar border in the middle of the night 😂😂

I'm sure they'll just let you in, without paperwork or payment, on all fours while barking 😂

(but cm108.com today warns people against close contact with pets, as they can carry and transmit the virus)

• Haha 1