News Forum - Burmese, Cambodian jobseekers caught entering Thailand illegally

Thaiger

Unscrupulous people smugglers are taking advantage of Burmese and Cambodian workers who are desperate to find employment in Thailand. With the re-opening of the country to international tourism, migrant workers are paying illegal brokers to secure employment and transport into the kingdom. The Bangkok Post reports that yesterday, police in the western province of Kanchanaburi arrested 97 Burmese nationals who had crossed into Thailand illegally. The 54 men and 43 women were found at around 7am, hiding in a forest while waiting to be picked up and transported to their final destination. They had entered the country through a natural […]

The story Burmese, Cambodian jobseekers caught entering Thailand illegally as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

42 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Unscrupulous people smugglers are taking advantage of Burmese and Cambodian workers who are desperate to find employment in Thailand. With the re-opening of the country to international tourism, migrant workers are paying illegal brokers to secure employment and transport into the kingdom. The Bangkok Post reports that yesterday, police in the western province of Kanchanaburi arrested 97 Burmese nationals who had crossed into Thailand illegally. The 54 men and 43 women were found at around 7am, hiding in a forest while waiting to be picked up and transported to their final destination. They had entered the country through a natural […]

The story Burmese, Cambodian jobseekers caught entering Thailand illegally as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

They were the lucky ones then, a few found last week after the pick-up crashed were dead or injured. The Thai smugglers I suspect are organised by a Thai (s) in high places.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

With the re-opening of the country to international tourism, migrant workers are paying illegal brokers to secure employment and transport into the kingdom.

When we had the borders sealed on the orders of our illustrious leader, I still saw some reports of illegal workers.
The pm should have been patrolling the border himself. If you want a job doing properly, do it yourself.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

police in the western province of Kanchanaburi arrested 97 Burmese nationals who had crossed into Thailand illegally

So we're back to the normal 'porous border' operation already then.

2 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

When we had the borders sealed on the orders of our illustrious leader, I still saw some reports of illegal workers.
The pm should have been patrolling the border himself. If you want a job doing properly, do it yourself.

So we're back to the normal 'porous border' operation already then.

Frankly, I doubt it ever changed. The price for the RTA/RTP to turn a blind eye was maybe the only thing that changed.

Just for once stop blaming the poor migrants and put the blame where it lies. Large factory and construction site owners are paying for these people to be brought in. Has one ever been investigated or prosecuted?

No is the simple answer 

Construction site owners locked these workers in using Covid, cut their already low wages told them to carry on working for food and water. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Just for once stop blaming the poor migrants and put the blame where it lies. Large factory and construction site owners are paying for these people to be brought in. Has one ever been investigated or prosecuted?

No is the simple answer 

Construction site owners locked these workers in using Covid, cut their already low wages told them to carry on working for food and water. 

I was under the impression it was the agents who were being 'paid back' regularly by each illegal worker from their already low wages?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I was under the impression it was the agents who were being 'paid back' regularly by each illegal worker from their already low wages?

No Employment they wouldn't come.

Employing  illegal migrants on slave wages only makes the rich richer.

I'm not surprised at all. Any chance to seek a reprieve from life in Cambodia or Burma.... The opportunists are fleecing people in these circumstances. That is the real crime here.... 

• Like 1