News Forum - Pattaya bar owner goes on hunger strike over government diddling and re-opening fiasco

Thaiger

20 hours ago, Jason said:

Looks like the consensus of opinion is that the guy should starve.... Pattaya has long been the centre of a red light district. It is well known. The country is in the grip of a pandemic. Responsible measures to reopen, won't be contested. If they are, it's by people who have "vested' interests. But the gateway to reopen is vaccination on a massive scale. So get to it. Turn your bars and nightclubs into vaccination hubs!  That's a way you can bring an end to this....

Not a bad idea.

18 hours ago, Stardust said:

If they wanted explicit that they could ban prostitutiin in bars just simple like that..... 

So I guess the majority of tourists are surly not the reason for this phenomen. It seems it is used as a scapegoat because they could tbst stop it easy if this their point without to destroy and punish the whole entertainment, bars, restaurant, hotel and tourism section.

I don't see how you think a ban will stop it. There have been bans on it since biblical times, with some harsh penalties, and yet it still survives.

Regarding the other comment, there does seem to be a convenient re-writing of history by some, that P4P was introduced by Farangs.

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

I don't see how you think a ban will stop it. There have been bans on it since biblical times, with some harsh penalties, and yet it still survives.

Regarding the other comment, there does seem to be a convenient re-writing of history by some, that P4P was introduced by Farangs.

It was just something dreamt' up by the religious cranks who thought they should tell people what they should or should not do and it is perpetuated to this day by similarly minded people.

Those people were/are secretly as bad if not worse in my opinion

Take the 10 th commandment for example to explain my point;

Exodus 20:17: “You shall not covet your neighbour's house; you shall not covet your neighbour's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbour's.”

So that infers that these do-gooders who follows that commandment  not only suspected that others coveted their neighbours wife, male or female servants but they weren't to fussy about coverting their neigbours ox or donkey either.  Now tell me who were the real perverts , them or those happy to P4P ?

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

It was just something dreamt' up by the religious cranks who thought they should tell people what they should or should not do and it is perpetuated to this day by similarly minded people.

Exodus 20:17: “You shall not covet your neighbour's house; you shall not covet your neighbour's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbour's.”

So that infers that these do-gooders who follows that commandment  not only suspected that others coveted their neighbours wife, male or female servants but they weren't to fussy about coverting their neigbours ox or donkey either.  Now tell me who were the real perverts , them or those happy to P4P ?

Maybe the perverts are the ones who saw the inference in the first place?

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Maybe the perverts are the ones who saw the inference in the first place?

That's a valid point, I'll just go and check out the neighbour's Donkey  😂

13 minutes ago, gummy said:

But what if its a good looking ox 🤔🤣🤣

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

But what if its a good looking ox 🤔🤣🤣

Sooner or later, someone will say, "I'm an ass man"

• Haha 1