Neighbors dog is dying

riclag

So the neighbor who is separated from us by a wall, dog is dying !

We have strong feelings of resentment for them and his 7 small yappers! 7 dogs barking all day everyday , took took wan.

The dying dog is wrapped up in rags and deposited on the grass  in the middle of his yard , screaming and crying .

Why doesn’t he take it to the vet and euthanize it or take it in his house!

Why are Thais inconsiderate of other people ! Why must I have to experience their life trials and tribulation!

This rant is coming from a dog lover too 

Edited by riclag

Have you spoken to them, perhaps they don't know how to deal with a dieing animal.

There are some simple & kind ways of helping a pet  complete it's journey.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, riclag said:

We have strong feelings of resentment for them and his 7 small yappers! 7 dogs barking all day everyday , took took wan.

The dying dog is wrapped up in rags and deposited on the grass  in the middle of his yard , screaming and crying .

Why are Thais inconsiderate of other people ! Why must I have to experience their life trials and tribulation!

Because whilst the dog is still breathing it is worth 200 baht. If it is dead it is no good for a fry up

15 minutes ago, riclag said:

riclag there is a simple and humane cure that works a charm.

Just spread some chilli paste on its lips/gums and the dog will stop barking.

Admittedly It'll give you a dirty look and a clean pair of heels every time it sees you but it does the trick.

You don't need a lot. Meanwhile the dog owners are simply cruel c+nts and ( at least in Bangkok) there is an agency similar to RSPCA in Australia that prevents cruelty to animals. If there is one in your district give them a call. For me if my dog or cat is dying I want them in my house where I can comfort them but unfortunately not all folks think this way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Have you spoken to them, perhaps they don't know how to deal with a dieing animal.

There are some simple & kind ways of helping a pet  complete it's journey.

The  daughter is a nurse so that speaks to humane issues! I don't talk to these people !

I have reported them to the city officials  many months ago ! The dogs are a  constant nuisance,barking all day everyday! Its the 2am -9am that prompted me to contact the city! I can't sleep and Ricky isn't very pleasant to live with when deprived of sleep.

I like to see them all gone ,dogs and their owners !

They know how we feel ! One thing for sure I would never do this to another neighbor,letting dogs carry on as such, constant barking and the agony of a painful death

Edited by riclag

12 minutes ago, riclag said:

The  daughter is a nurse so that speaks to humane issues! I don't talk to these people !

I have reported them to the city officials  many months ago ! The dogs are a  constant nuisance,barking all day everyday! Its the 2am -9am that prompted me to contact the city! I can't sleep and Ricky isn't very pleasant to live with when deprived of sleep.

I like to see them all gone ,dogs and their owners !

They know how we feel ! One thing for sure I would never do this to another neighbor,letting dogs carry on as such

Sounds like your neighbours are just as animal as their dog.

• Like 2

If you think 7 is bad a relative of ours lives on a nicer estate than ours and some guy moved in nearby with over 30 dogs, the racket was horrendous. He claimed it was his right after a lot of protests, got rid of a small number, just selfish. We used to have a lot barking around us while they were all out at work, happily a few of them have died off.

12 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Sounds like your neighbours are just as animal as their dog.

When I built my house the lots next to it ,were occupied by a  friend ,1empty lot with a house being built and a jungle in back ! Once that other house was complete it sat there for almost a year waiting to be bought !  Seven dogs moved in with their Thai owners.

I live in a residence ,I swear there are more dogs than people, no lie. I say to my wife

Falang yuu mooban Maa (falang lives in dog village)

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

If you think 7 is bad a relative of ours lives on a nicer estate than ours and some guy moved in nearby with over 30 dogs, the racket was horrendous. He claimed it was his right after a lot of protests, got rid of a small number, just selfish. We used to have a lot barking around us while they were all out at work, happily a few of them have died off.

OMG ,30 ! Thats intolerable ! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, riclag said:

When I built my house the lots next to it ,were occupied by a  friend ,1empty lot with a house being built and a jungle in back ! Once that other house was complete it sat there for almost a year waiting to be bought !  Seven dogs moved in with their Thai owners.

I live in a residence ,I swear there are more dogs than people, no lie. I say to my wife

Falang yuu mooban Maa (falang lives in dog village)

Oh dear. In that case you'll need tins of chilli paste. You'll be about as popular as Joe Biden come mid election but it'll keep the mutts quiet. Still though when the lot next door is empty the future may see really lovely neighbors move in or a total pack of c+nts. Sorry to hear it. My next door neighbours have their moments but are saints in comparison with yours.

Hope it turns out OK riclag.

• Thanks 1

Well they sound like cruel owners

But a lot of Thais won't put a dog down because of their Buddhist faith 

My German shepherd lived in Thailand with me

And I thought I was only going to Vancouver for a 3 month consulting gig, so left him with my then gf(now wife)

He lived with her but the they moved to village and he ended up living in the village for a year 

After he came to Vancouver 

And lasted a couple more years(17 1/2)

When I was having to put him to sleep my MIL and my wife's aunt were begging me to send him back and they would take care of him

They didn't want him put to sleep 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 6:51 PM, Sarisin said:

Buddhist belief in no killing, most vets will refuse to put them down. Does not stop them eating meat that somebody else kills though

They won't put an animal which they know is going to die down, but they will keep charging you for medicine as long as it stays alive.

Vets are supposed to be animal lovers, but they won't put a dying dog or cat down, if they were really animal lovers, they would not want to see them suffer.

It is all about money at the end of the day, they just use Buddhism as an excuse.

• Like 3

Reminds me of one of the many reasons I never intend to buy a house/property in Thailand - my plan is that we will always rent like we did before.

Tim at the Thaiger has always rented - many Expats do the same - for the same reason and other reasons too.  A new Bar/Karaoke or Chicken/Pig farm opening nearby comes to mind.  Horrendous/expensive repairs to shoddy workmanship that only appear after a few years/many months.  Etc etc etc.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Rain said:

A few poison laced steaks chucked over the fence. 

Problem resolved. 

Stop your whinging and carrying on. 

Hope you enjoy your stay in a Thailand jail mate. They hate Farangs that kill animals - and they dont need proof to lock you away for doing it.  Perhaps you were only joking??

Please everyone - dont do that - you will be the first they blame.

• Like 2