News Forum - Chiang Mai airport welcomes first international flight, 83 tourists

Thaiger

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

Yes, in the link you provided it has this written : Its just two hospitals , rather than every hospital in CM

"Doctors in Thailand’s northern province of Chiang Mai are expressing serious concerns that COVID-19 infections there are approaching a critical level, with the ICU wards in two hospitals almost fully occupied."

Correct. In previous posts I mentioned that it concerns two hospitals, a 1500 bed field hospital near Muang Mai, a field hospital at the convention center and now two hotels where they rented hundreds of rooms as well. And since about 4 days they are transporting patients out of Chiang Mai to other hospitals. 

Point is that they are beyond capacity in CM.

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Correct. In previous posts I mentioned that it concerns two hospitals, a 1500 bed field hospital near Muang Mai, a field hospital at the convention center and now two hotels where they rented hundreds of rooms as well. And since about 4 days they are transporting patients out of Chiang Mai to other hospitals. 

Yes, they are doing lots of random Covid tests now and anyone who tests positive gets taken to a field hospital , even if they have no symptoms 

Call me a skeptic but are the 83 passengers or 83 tourists?  

It has been reported that a significant percentage of those arriving in Bangkok were Thai's and expatriates returning to residences they have here in Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Yes, they are doing lots of random Covid tests now and anyone who tests positive gets taken to a field hospital , even if they have no symptoms 

30 minutes ago, riclag said:

Travelers?????

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

83 people returning home. 555

They were reported to be mainly Korean golfers, going to a resort outside of CM city 

The Chiang Mai situation has a Wuhan feel about it. Being defensive about the true situation, only leads to a more difficult situation that can't be ignored.... 

6 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Yes, out of Chiang Mai to other hospitals, direct from a doctors mouth to us.

On 11/6/2021 at 7:34 AM, Bob20 said:

Yup full. Field hospitals too. They've now hired hundreds of extra rooms in two big hotels.

Yesterday 496 new cases, plus whatever they hide from positive ATK's that they don't add in the total.

Yes, on how many tests is the question. When I was following the numbers nationally back in July-August, they were getting positivity rates of 20%-30% (10,000-20,000 cases on 50,000-70,000 tests daily).

To give people an idea of how dramatic that is, the worst positivity rate the US got since last year is about 5%. We can assume over half the population in Thailand got some natural immunity, before they got vaccinated.

Edited by Leo

29 minutes ago, Leo said:

Yes, on how many tests is the question. When I was following the numbers nationally back in July-August, they were getting positivity rates of 20%-30% (10,000-20,000 cases on 50,000-70,000 tests daily).

To give people an idea of how dramatic that is, the worst positivity rate the US got since last year is about 5%. We can assume over half the population in Thailand got some natural immunity, before they got vaccinated.

Thailand was doing some 30k PCR tests per day on 23 October (latest data) and that day they found 9756 cases. That would be 32.5%, but don't forget it's not random testing, so you can't infer anything about natural immunity from those figures.

They have been doing more than these 30k tests, but have been switching to ATK's for that. A positive ATK, however, is not counted in the official figures and individuals are taken to a field hospital or hotel. If individuals develop symptoms, they're taken to hospital and then show up in the statistics. 

Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 22.26.37.png

• Like 2

Yes, there is a huge difference between every hospitals ICU in CM being filled with Covid patients and TWO hospitals ICU in CM being filled  with Covid patients . 

All Covid patents are all sent to the same two hospitals , leaving all the other hospitals free of Covid patients .  

We are talking about a few dozens ICU beds in the two named hospitals 

Edited by Faz
removed hidden quote

Just now, Fluke said:

Yes, there is a huge difference between every hospitals ICU in CM being filled with Covid patients and TWO hospitals ICU in CM being filled  with Covid patients . 

All Covid patents are all sent to the same two hospitals , leaving all the other hospitals free of Covid patients .  

We are talking about a few dozens ICU beds in the two named hospitals 

Don't worry mate, I'm not getting in between stonker and you, so I replied only to the bit he nitpicked from my own post.

How's life on the bench tonight?

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Don't worry mate, I'm not getting in between stonker and you, so I replied only to the bit he nitpicked from my own post.

How's life on the bench tonight?

Latest report written in the thread