News Forum - Thailand Pass – 3 options to come back to Thailand right now

Thaiger

The Thailand Pass is now in force if you want to come back to Thailand, whether local or foreign traveller. There are now 3 main options which provide topics for vaccinated and unvaccinated travellers, from one of the 63 approved low-risk countries, or outside of that list. Even for fully vaccinated travellers its not quite quarantine free, You will be required to stay at an approved SHA+ hotel for one night as you wait for your test result to come back. Once you receive a negative result you will be able to go anywhere in Thailand and stay anywhere you […]

The story Thailand Pass – 3 options to come back to Thailand right now as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

As far as I can see, if you book your SHA+ hotel in Phuket, using companies such as Agoda etc, they advertise the hotel as SHA+. However, they make no mention of the fact that the hotel will provide your SHA+ transport from the airport or organise your RTPCR test.

Is it just me reading this process wrong?

I booked my SHA+ hotel in Phuket directly, without Agoda (I had Accor from former stays in hotels from the same chain and so had a nice discount). I had also book my own PCR test, but the hotel could profide me with (paid) SHA+ transport from the airport to the hotel.

Please read

Disregard people advises to upload the same vaccine cropped QR code of 2nd shot on all 4 counts of the application. it doesn't work, the only application I have made using that "tip" is the only application that has failed. You will only lose time.

Morechana app will say taht your TPQR code is not valid, this seems "normal", everyone has the same issue.

Dear Thaiger:
You will need to present a negative RT-PCR test result issued within 72 hours before travelling, and your Thailand Pass QR code as you pass through health screening and immigration.

Are you certain that the test results need to be issued within 72 hrs of arrival and not that the test needs to be taken 72hrs before arrival?

If you are from the U.K. watch out if you have a middle name on your passport. (can’t say about other countries). 
Covid vaccination certificates don’t use middle names, but often it’s there in your passport.  Applications are being rejected as the names don’t match. Which is not much help if you have forked out for all the pre-requisite’s.

it is apparently on the Gov.U.K. FAQ’s that some countries will see this as a problem and yep Thailand appears to be one of them. 

Hello from Germany. I just want to correct one thing on the necessary documents for the Thailand Pass registration:  It is not necessary to upload the Visa into Thailand. Just the passport data page with photo.  By the way, our registrations was approved within 1 hour.

• Like 1

Thailand Pass registration ask for uploading the 1st and 2nd vaccination certificate but we used to get only the 2nd certificate in Germany which includes of course the 1st one. So I’ve uploaded 2 times the 2nd certificate including 2x the same QR code.  Well, it was approved within 1 hour. Great Job !  :-)

2 hours ago, BBY said:

If you are from the U.K. watch out if you have a middle name on your passport. (can’t say about other countries). 
Covid vaccination certificates don’t use middle names, but often it’s there in your passport.  Applications are being rejected as the names don’t match. Which is not much help if you have forked out for all the pre-requisite’s.

it is apparently on the Gov.U.K. FAQ’s that some countries will see this as a problem and yep Thailand appears to be one of them. 

Where in the U.K. did you acquire your “Covid Certificate”? Did you use the NHS App which supplies a QR code? 

51 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Where in the U.K. did you acquire your “Covid Certificate”? Did you use the NHS App which supplies a QR code? 

Official NHS Certificate not from the app. Posted from the NHS, with no expiry date. Rejection as far as they are concerned is that because of a middle name being on the passport. The certificate and passport differ. Therefor rejected. 

this is their words from the rejection email

Thailand Pass system has rejected your registration due to The name on the vaccination certificate does not correspond to the passport”

The only difference being the middle name. 

Edited by BBY

2 minutes ago, BBY said:

Official NHS Certificate not from the app. Posted from the NHS, with no expiry date.

Oh ok. How did you request that? Is there a central way to request it or through your GP? I’ve checked the NHS app and although it registers with your full name, the QR code and details of your vaccination and PDF download does not have your middle name either

Call 119 and ask them for the letter. It takes around five working days to come.  You can download a version of it from the app as a PDF. but it has an expiry date. It’s more advisable to get the official letter from the NHS on 119 bud.  
but it won’t have your middle name on it, as the NHS don’t use middle names. Just first name, last name and DOB with your NHS number.

the problem is that your middle name is likely on your passport. So they say “names don’t match and reject the application. 

Edited by BBY

3 hours ago, Martino said:

Hello from Germany. I just want to correct one thing on the necessary documents for the Thailand Pass registration:  It is not necessary to upload the Visa into Thailand. Just the passport data page with photo.  By the way, our registrations was approved within 1 hour.

confirmed as I loaded passport page--I am going for visa exempt--stamp on arrival +extension

Waiting on QR code and I loaded booking/com hotel # not Hotel # so hoping it still gets approved-QR

• Like 1

There is an automated system that can process certain countries applications.

UK passport holder flying from middle east, with middle names, Middle east country vaccination card, waiting 5 days now, how long before I decide there is better options with less stress? waiting until the last minute? No.

Get it sorted out or the only tourists you will get are the ones you automatically screen, cutting down your tourist numbers even more.

Who was the bright spark that decided a centralized slower system was the way to improve tourism?

3 ASQ trips all approved in half the time I've already been waiting.

The minister for the department of optimism, rainbows and Unicorns needs to be moved sideways to an inactive post.

Edited by Pete424
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Martino said:

16 hours ago, Martino said:

Thailand Pass registration ask for uploading the 1st and 2nd vaccination certificate but we used to get only the 2nd certificate in Germany which includes of course the 1st one. So I’ve uploaded 2 times the 2nd certificate including 2x the same QR code.  Well, it was approved within 1 hour. Great Job !  :-)

I'm from Germany, too. I just registered for  the TP, uploaded all required documents and got the approval within two minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Exemption from Quarantine - what happens if test is positive?

Does anyone know what happens if your test is positive... What will the government do with you... do you have to stay at the same AQ / SHA+ hotel where you spent your first night? at what cost? will they just charge you whatever they want?

What happens if your test is negative, but a passenger in your airplane was tested positive? do have to go to quarantine? and here again... at where and at what cost?

couldn't find any information yet. does anyone know some official sources regarding these questions? 

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Applied for Thailand Pass 8 days ago, was not possible to upload the vaccination QR code (error message). Friend could upload vaccination QR code and got the Pass within one hour. I am still waiting after 8 days and the flight is in a couple of days. Huge delay.

On 12/10/2021 at 10:29 PM, Walo said:

Applied for Thailand Pass 8 days ago, was not possible to upload the vaccination QR code (error message). Friend could upload vaccination QR code and got the Pass within one hour. I am still waiting after 8 days and the flight is in a couple of days. Huge delay.

Have you received your pass?