News Forum - Thailand now equipped to perform 120,000 RT-PCR tests daily

Thaiger

The Department of Medical Sciences has been ramping up their testing capabilities and have declared it can now perform 120,000 RT-PCR Covid-19 tests per day. They say it can complete the tests and offer results within 24 hours at any of their 443 active labs that are certified to conduct the tests. Anyone travelling to Thailand is already required to complete a test with negative results within the 72 hours prior to their departure, but every person landing in Thailand is also obligated to take a second test as soon as they arrive in the Kingdom. Even those travelling from […]

The story Thailand now equipped to perform 120,000 RT-PCR tests daily as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well maybe just a thought,

But why not try this out of 120k a day on your people until the tourist's come in numbers..

Let's see if your prediction of 120k a day works !

Screenshot_20211106-132121_Opera.jpg

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Well maybe just a thought,

But why not try this out of 120k a day on your people until the tourist's come in numbers..

Let's see if your prediction of 120k a day works !

Screenshot_20211106-132121_Opera.jpg

And in comparison with the UK, a nation with similar size population, the current Thai testing figures are just a meer drop in the ocean.

One must wonder how many infections they would find if testing similar numbers to the UK.

Screenshot_2021-11-06-06-39-38-64_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Like 4

Maybe they should start a tax system similar to the UK's then they could fund such a scheme.

Mind, everyone would need to be on a salary of 20K+.....................

• Haha 1

There's a difference being capacity and capability and I'm not sure they are used correctly here. Wonder whether the authorities know the difference...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mrengthai said:

And in comparison with the UK, a nation with similar size population, the current Thai testing figures are just a meer drop in the ocean.

One must wonder how many infections they would find if testing similar numbers to the UK.

Screenshot_2021-11-06-06-39-38-64_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

This has been a hot debated topic for months now on here and with ATK testing not being recorded in the figures either. 

• Like 4

Ah the numbers game, wonder how the positive case numbers would actually look if they tested this many people every day but as with everything Thailand it's manipulated to look good and show the numbers required not the actual numbers.  555

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Seems woefully inadequate for a country with a population of ~70 million

Seems woefully inadequate for a country with a population of ~70 million

• Like 4

Interestingly, testing has always been the way to handle this virus. The focus has been on vaccinations. But an accurate and rapid test has eluded us. An accurate and rapid test would solve a lot of difficulties.

14 hours ago, Poolie said:

Maybe they should start a tax system similar to the UK's then they could fund such a scheme.

Mind, everyone would need to be on a salary of 20K+.....................

Yes great idea. Spread the wealth and help the Thai people. 

• Like 1

Booked my trip days ago and then read about lower PCR pricing----sigh...

Waiting for then to drop all the rules as soon as I land would be non surprising

But all in all i didnt have to do the 14 day prison ASQ.......I land on Loy Kratong so

will likely be taken out by a paper/wire lantern sucked into the engine.....

3 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Booked my trip days ago and then read about lower PCR pricing----sigh...

Waiting for then to drop all the rules as soon as I land would be non surprising

But all in all i didnt have to do the 14 day prison ASQ.......I land on Loy Kratong so

will likely be taken out by a paper/wire lantern sucked into the engine.....

What is the price for PCR test now in Thailand for entry?

I took a PCR test in Australia and it costs AUD150 and get your results next day noon.

Not too bad for turnaround time.

I get the feeling that these restrictions will continue to ease as the high season progresses. Who knows.. Maybe the government will settle for a rapid antigen test on arrival. If they can't speed things up, people will just go elsewhere.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 9:52 PM, HiuMak said:

What is the price for PCR test now in Thailand for entry?

I took a PCR test in Australia and it costs AUD150 and get your results next day noon.

Not too bad for turnaround time.

I saw it was 2400 and just read they may be lower in it but cant confirm.....I leave for BKK in 10 days

Waiting for my QR code...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

I saw it was 2400 and just read they may be lower in it but cant confirm.....I leave for BKK in 10 days

Waiting for my QR code...

I would think that is pretty reasonable price.

• Cool 1

On 11/5/2021 at 11:13 PM, Thaiger said:

The Department of Medical Sciences has been ramping up their testing capabilities and have declared it can now perform 120,000 RT-PCR Covid-19 tests per day. They say it can complete the tests and offer results within 24 hours at any of their 443 active labs that are certified to conduct the tests. Anyone travelling to Thailand is already required to complete a test with negative results within the 72 hours prior to their departure, but every person landing in Thailand is also obligated to take a second test as soon as they arrive in the Kingdom. Even those travelling from […]

The story Thailand now equipped to perform 120,000 RT-PCR tests daily as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay first introduced in February 2020 for detection of SARS-CoV-2 only.

In preparation for this change, CDC recommends clinical laboratories and testing sites that have been using the CDC 2019-nCoV RT-PCR assay select and begin their transition to another FDA-authorized COVID-19 test. CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses.