Qatar Airways will fly 4 times weekly to Phuket starting July 1

Thaiger

Qatar Airways is going all-in on the Phuket sandbox plan to reopen the tourist island to international travellers on July 1. The airline has confirmed that they will run flights 4 times per week between the Qatari capital city of Doha and Phuket. This new route is in addition to the airline’s current 12 flights a week to Bangkok. The flights will be run using a Boeing 787 Dreamliner, a large plane capable of carrying a total of 254 passengers to Phuket, 232 in Economy Class and 22 in Business Class. The airline said in a press release yesterday that […]

The post Qatar Airways will fly 4 times weekly to Phuket starting July 1 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• 3 weeks later...

I was told by my travel agent that my flight with Emirates would cause me £1750 quarantine on my return to UK as  gulf states were on red list.

Now considering Thai Airways London Phuket direct, may cancel if this wristband goes ahead. Love the show

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KeithLarge said:

I was told by my travel agent that my flight with Emirates would cause me £1750 quarantine on my return to UK as  gulf states were on red list.

Now considering Thai Airways London Phuket direct, may cancel if this wristband goes ahead. Love the show

Can we find the gazetted approval on the Web

• Cool 1

48 minutes ago, KeithLarge said:

Love the show

Excellent!

Hello, KeithLarge, welcome to Thaiger Talk and thanks for the kind words - they make are work worthwhile!

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

45 minutes ago, KeithLarge said:

Can we find the gazetted approval on the Web

What, for the 'sandbox'? I doubt the ptb will feel ready to submit the scheme as yet.

So 4 fights a week to Phuket which is open, and 12 to Bangkok which isn’t. What’s wrong with this picture? Sure doesn’t look like Qatar airline is going all in, more like hedging a long shot bet to me. 

• Cool 1