News Forum - Thailand reopening sees 13,000 travellers, 10 Covid-19 infections

Thaiger

9 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Tricky question, There was that German woman who was sat close to a guy who tested positive and she tested negative but still had to go into quarantine for 14 days at her expense. 

All her test came back negative, I think the same happened to 14 other passengers on that same flight, not everybody.

The remaining members of that group were initially quarantined, but then allowed to return home early. They were all part of the same travel group as the infected passenger. 

I have to question, why, if these people presented such a risk that they needed to be quarantined, were they allowed to board a plane during the quarantine period?

17 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

The remaining members of that group were initially quarantined, but then allowed to return home early. They were all part of the same travel group as the infected passenger. 

I have to question, why, if these people presented such a risk that they needed to be quarantined, were they allowed to board a plane during the quarantine period?

They did request to go home I think they where from the UAE they had to stay and do quarantine

11 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

They did request to go home I think they where from the UAE they had to stay and do quarantine

I definitely read it on here, that they asked to be allowed to return home, and were let go.

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

Wondering how much the bureaucracy has impacted that? 

The scheme was announced about two weeks ago, and so far we have seen 1500 visitors arrived from both Germany and US on the back of what appears to be a needlessly complicated COE system. Did the TH foreign Ministry give the Embassies tasked with processing these, much in the way of extra resources?

You may have seen another post from @Tjampman informing that the embassies are not involved with the TP process. Seems it’s centrally done. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

You may have seen another post from @Tjampman informing that the embassies are not involved with the TP process. Seems it’s centrally done. 

Thanks. I hadn't seen it.