News Forum - Police confident they can convict Thitisan “Jo Ferrari” on 4 charges

Thaiger

After the Attorney General’s office said that they would finish the investigation of police superintendent turned accused torturer and murderer Thitisan “Jo Ferrari” Utthanaphon, the Royal Thai Police now say that they have enough evidence to legally convict “Chief Joe” on charges of suffocating a drug suspect in custody to death in August. The death was caught on camera and leaked to the public by a lawyer, causing a massive uproar. Thitisan is only held in police custody until November 17, so the orders of his prosecution will be released then at the next court hearing. With a public wary […]

The story Police confident they can convict Thitisan “Jo Ferrari” on 4 charges as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

30 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

the Royal Thai Police now say that they have enough evidence to legally convict “Chief Joe”

I didn't think the RTP are in the legal position of being able to convict anyone as I thought only a Thai judge could do that. The RTP may have sufficient evidence which in their eyes should get a guilty verdict from the Judge but again it is the Judge that will determine guilt or otherwise at the end of the day.

A spokesperson said they are expected to finish reviewing the case file and make a decision on whether to arraign Thitisan by November, which is the last day he can be held in custody.

Arraign Thitisan by November, we are in November

So still a chance of a stuff up and he is released and persons unknown help him retire with "Boss"

23 minutes ago, gummy said:

I didn't think the RTP are in the legal position of being able to convict anyone as I thought only a Thai judge could do that. The RTP may have sufficient evidence which in their eyes should get a guilty verdict from the Judge but again it is the Judge that will determine guilt or otherwise at the end of the day.

RTP many of them, many brown paper bags plus not viable now. Judges only one of them so get the Super size  brown paper bag out.

• Like 1

The police always say they have the evidence to convict. That's why there's a court. So the evidence will be presented to a Magistrate in a "Prima face" case. After deliberating the judge will decide if the the charges are sufficient to proceed to trial! If anything, keeping it out of the media, would be ideal. Exposure in the media, makes it harder to try. Harder to find an impartial jury. So if the media, left it alone...maybe justice could be served. 

1 hour ago, Changnam43 said:

That suit in his wedding photo should surely be included in the list of his crimes.

For anybody confused by my comment The Thaiger changed the photo with this news article after I posted.  The original photo was of Jo F on his wedding day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

I think that its an internal issue initially which I guess is why so many downright evil cops simply get transferred to an alternate district rather than hand in badges and firearms.

Once the National Anti Corruption Commission can confirm a conviction then after exposing his contacts will he be dishonourably discharged and enter the courts as a citizen.

This is one case I'm seriously interested in Gummy because it can expose a lot of dirty laundry and at give the average Thai at least some semblance of justice existing in their land.

I'm anti death penalty but if they put the c+nt in front of a firing squad I wouldn't be protesting.

• Like 2

Confident they can conflict him omg what a laugh a child could make a case to confict this twat.

They are so confident they can now convict him but still not confident enough to sack him, unless I missed something then I do apologise. 

If his assets of crime have not been seized yet then he is going to walk having paid his dues in cold corrupt cash....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Harder to find an impartial jury. So if the media, left it alone...maybe justice could be served. 

AFAIK, There are no juries in Thailand, only a panel of judges. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Confident they can conflict him omg what a laugh a child could make a case to confict this twat.

They are so confident they can now convict him but still not confident enough to sack him, unless I missed something then I do apologise. 

If his assets of crime have not been seized yet then he is going to walk having paid his dues in cold corrupt cash....

And that is the comment of the day...."his assets of crime". A big move forward for the nation would be the Police commissioner calling these c+nts into order and say  "hand me your badge and gun". Now you're a  citizen, your finances are under investigation and can be judged by the same law that you swore to protect.

If he gets the death penalty I won't complain and I know for a fact that the lion's share of your average Thai citizens will feel justice is done.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, palooka said:

A spokesperson said they are expected to finish reviewing the case file and make a decision on whether to arraign Thitisan by November, which is the last day he can be held in custody.

Arraign Thitisan by November, we are in November

So still a chance of a stuff up and he is released and persons unknown help him retire with "Boss"

Wouldn’t be at all surprised would we! 

1 hour ago, Griff1315 said:

Most logical post of the day there @Griff1315  What is the Ef’In problem with sorting this guy out? Well we all know what it is and many of us are happy to call it out. However, we need to watch out for the “All things Thai is wonderful” brigade that they don’t label you as “Thai bashing”.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Since when it's police job to convict anyone? 

When corrupt police think they are above the law.

When they arrest, prosecute, judge and sentence to death and then facilitate that sentence as Joe and his mates have done in this case. 

I don't think this is the only case where someone has died at the hands of the police. 

24 minutes ago, palooka said:

When they arrest, prosecute, judge and sentence to death and then facilitate that sentence as Joe and his mates have done in this case. 

I don't think this is the only case where someone has died at the hands of the police. 

Or others

1 hour ago, palooka said:

The police are the main cause of the problems. Hiding, collecting and reversing evidence. Nothing big will come out of this case....probably drag for another few years

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jason said:

The police always say they have the evidence to convict. That's why there's a court. So the evidence will be presented to a Magistrate in a "Prima face" case. After deliberating the judge will decide if the the charges are sufficient to proceed to trial! If anything, keeping it out of the media, would be ideal. Exposure in the media, makes it harder to try. Harder to find an impartial jury. So if the media, left it alone...maybe justice could be served. 

Sorry, but none of that applies here or in many countries.

The courts don't decide if there's enough evidence to go to trial, the public prosecutors office does.

... and there are no juries, just judges.

6 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, but none of that applies here or in many countries.

The courts don't decide if there's enough evidence to go to trial, the public prosecutors office does.

... and there are no juries, just judges.

Yes and that is why it can be not fair and if they want to railroad someone they find a reason and just do it, and if they really want someone to be let go then they steer it the other way. It will be interesting what happens to this guy or if it is just dragged out over years and let go.

36 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes and that is why it can be not fair and if they want to railroad someone they find a reason and just do it, and if they really want someone to be let go then they steer it the other way. It will be interesting what happens to this guy or if it is just dragged out over years and let go.

Well,it can be fair and there's nothing wrong with the actual system in principle - the problem, as always, is the corruption behind it which pervades everything here, top to bottom.

14 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Well,it can be fair and there's nothing wrong with the actual system in principle - the problem, as always, is the corruption behind it which pervades everything here, top to bottom.

And that is why it is never honorable as subject to string pulling and forced kowtowing. 

No judge or jury of your peers ? Only the corrupt police organization that sponsored " Joe Ferrari" is going to convict him ! Guess him and his accomplices will get off with minimal conviction ! No criminal Court,no criminal prosecution trials, no witness testimony for the murder victim and family ! They dragged Thanathorn and the future forward parties members through criminal Court as well as others in the past for less serious charges with witnesses,but a murderous group of police officers are to be judged by their own organization ! Conviction yes...harsh punishment no !

Why do you think the Redbull killer was allowed to leave or to answer to the crime he committed as investigated  by the RTP ? big money paid to the big bosses at the RTP thats why they have not brought him back to face justice. So the likely hood of a high ranking officer being jailed and kicked out of the force is unlikely. even judges can be bought in Thailand if the price is right.