News Forum - Pattaya Music Festival begins tonight under Covid-19 safety measures

Thaiger

1 minute ago, LoongFred said:

I might add that the British aren't funny, so why laugh.

So guess your family originate from Germany then.

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Who needs Woodstock? Papua is the place!

Great let's send all the backpackers there. Thailand and Bali will celebrate. 

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

Omg you must not understand Thai but you live here. There are all kinds of Thai music to chose from and some of the actor and a tortious are great. 

Nah - why in a population of 70m is there not a thai actor outside Thailand - it's awful with TV sets that look like they've been put together on a 600 baht budget ! How come there isn't a Thai equivalent of RADA ?

Let me tell you the plot of EVERY Channel 3 programme (when you can get past the 24/7 awful screeching sing offs) - so every programme goes like this - beautiful girl (1) is with handsome boy - handsome boy finds beautiful girl (2) - beautiful girl (1) cries a lot, beautiful girl (1) family threaten handsome boy along with another less handsome boy who wants to stick up for beautiful girl (1) in the mistaken belief she'll turn to him, whilst all the time beautiful girl (2) is plotting to take beautiful girl (1) off the scene.

Handsome boy uncovers her wicked plan and reunites with beautiful girl (1) - THE END.

And that plot, with truly toe curling acting and hilariously poor sets is played out a dozen times every single day regardless of what the programme is again and again and again. Every time I walk past my TV at home I tell the Mrs exactly what's going to happen and I'm right 99% of the time. She's still wondering how I do it !

30 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I might add that the British aren't funny, so why laugh.

Thank you for proving what I said. 😃 (that's a laughing emoji by the way)

16 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Nah - why in a population of 70m is there not a thai actor outside Thailand - it's awful with TV sets that look like they've been put together on a 600 baht budget ! How come there isn't a Thai equivalent of RADA ?

Let me tell you the plot of EVERY Channel 3 programme (when you can get past the 24/7 awful screeching sing offs) - so every programme goes like this - beautiful girl (1) is with handsome boy - handsome boy finds beautiful girl (2) - beautiful girl (1) cries a lot, beautiful girl (1) family threaten handsome boy along with another less handsome boy who wants to stick up for beautiful girl (1) in the mistaken belief she'll turn to him, whilst all the time beautiful girl (2) is plotting to take beautiful girl (1) off the scene.

Handsome boy uncovers her wicked plan and reunites with beautiful girl (1) - THE END.

And that plot, with truly toe curling acting and hilariously poor sets is played out a dozen times every single day regardless of what the programme is again and again and again. Every time I walk past my TV at home I tell the Mrs exactly what's going to happen and I'm right 99% of the time. She's still wondering how I do it !

So she watches and you can't.  Sorry for you.

7 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Thank you for proving what I said. 😃 (that's a laughing emoji by the way)

The funny thing he told you that you not speak thai but everybody could experience that he doesn't speak any word thai, not know morlom, even know the difference between Isaan north and Bangkok cultural and music or in the language. Just for your info

Hi Members,

Just a reminder that videos posted to the Forum must be in English or have English subtitles with them. This is to ensure a consistent standard across the forum. Where possible, the video only has been removed and the comments retained.

I have also removed several posts disparaging other members. Please refrain from doing this and keep your comments to the opinions raised and not the members themselves.

Thanks

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

So she watches and you can't.  Sorry for you.

Eh ? Why sorry ?

I know what's going to happen so what would be the point of me watching it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Eh ? Why sorry ?

I had internet TV pulse TV for about a year. Most of the programing was boring UK stuff and I rarely watched it. So I gave it up, but still have the box. Now I watch TV.  

But to each his own.

Eh ? Why sorry ?

I need you as my stock broker.

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

The funny thing he told you that you not speak thai but everybody could experience that he doesn't speak any word thai, not know morlom, even know the difference between Isaan north and Bangkok cultural and music or in the language. Just for your info

I totally don't understand. Please say it in plain English. 

Eh ? Why sorry ?

@Benroon, allow me to translate that from LoonyFred when he said "Most of the programing was boring UK stuff"

What he was inferring is that most of the programming was UK produced that was intellectually too advanced  to comprehend and appreciate fully.  Hence his preference for mundane,  poorly produced Thai programming aimed at a less educated viewer"

There,  is that much more understandable ? 😂😂

9 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I had internet TV pulse TV for about a year. Most of the programing was boring UK stuff and I rarely watched it. So I gave it up, but still have the box. Now I watch TV.  

But to each his own.

Have to agree - I am back in the U.K. now and the TV is pretty shit - every other programme is someone baking a bloody cake !!

and bizarrely there are no white people in any adverts now 🤷🏼‍♂️

But we have Coronation Street - the envy of Hollywood ! 

16 hours ago, ace035 said:

Absolutely, bars & entertainment shutdown not an issue for reopening but still lots of farangs kept on coming to Pattaya and right now, they are complaining.

Tell them it's best to keep moving then.

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Have to agree - I am back in the U.K. now and the TV is pretty shit - every other programme is someone baking a bloody cake !!

Try getting Thai TV and gradually you'll be proficient in Thai. I speak Thai but pick up new words all the time.  

Well I watch Sky alot and not many black actors on the ads I see

6 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

The topics the Pattaya Music Festival guys !

So why don't you comment on it then ? Your pal Thai3 might help you

Yet another failed attempt to bring people and business back. 

Stop the ridiculous alcohol ban for restaurants and let people enjoy themselves. The longer the stupidity goes on, the more the backlash is going to be. 

The Thai government is singling out pattaya is pure nonsense. 

On 11/7/2021 at 3:21 AM, LoongFred said:

Tell them it's best to keep moving then.

I told them that they just ruined their holiday for being impatience since the Thai government proposing the bars closure until after New Year, according to the Pattaya Mail News.

On 11/6/2021 at 9:31 PM, Benroon said:

Why are western bands not allowed to perform ? I've lost count of the amount of times I've been in a decent restaurant, great food, nice staff, evening going well, and then the night is totally destroyed by live thai music

I love Thailand but if I could wave a magic wand - it would be to make all thai 'music' illegal and ban Channel 3 (ok two waves of the wand) !! How is it in a nation of 70m people in 2021 they still can't find anyone who can act !

I assume you are referring to western bands signing western songs instead of Thai bands singing western songs? Like you I get tired of hearing the song “Yellow Liver”!! I know there are a few dodgy livers in places like Pattaya, but to keep being reminded is too much 😉

Of course we know why there aren’t any western bands. It’s simply not allowed unless they are a Western superstar or famous band on tour. Casual bar or restaurant music would never be allowed as Thais see it as putting them out of work. Total nonsense of course but that’s the mindset.  

On 11/7/2021 at 11:24 AM, LoongFred said:

Try getting Thai TV and gradually you'll be proficient in Thai. I speak Thai but pick up new words all the time.  

You didn’t learn to speak Thai from Thai Tv. If you claim you did then either you have a very fertile imagination or your Thai is very limited. 

I know a guy who thinks he speaks Thai simply by speaking English and adding “Krup” at the end of the sentence. That’s not speaking Thai 😉

• Haha 1