News Forum - Despite errors, over 65,000 have applied for Thailand Pass

Thaiger

30 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Sabrina - did you send the Vax QR codes separately as well as the vax certificate ? ie take a pic of JUST the codes and upload below your vax status letter. So 4 uploads on the vax page.

Yes, done exactly that way... 

We now contacted the new support lines. Let's hope they will react soon :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

May I ask in what country did you apply in. US, U.K., an EU country? 

Do you think that it differs? I applied from The Netherlands.

Edited by Jay
typing error

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Do you think that is differs? I applied from The Netherlands.

I’m not sure Jay. I don’t know who approves the application but I would assume the embassy of the country where you are applying must be in the loop. They would be aware of vaccination documentation and insurance companies etc. I can’t imagine there is a centralised clearing office. Certainly the COE was approved by the local embassy or consulate. 

Too bad the software for Thailand Pass would not accept pdf files. I had to convert a lot of documents from pdf to jpg, another layer of nuisance.  But returning to TH is worth it.

Still waiting on approval after 4 days from acceptance.  x'd fingers as due to fly soon, all booked and paid.

• Angry 1

10 hours ago, Alavan said:

I got this mail 2 November at 0809 GMT+1

"

Thailand Pass system has received your registration.

The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days.

* This email is automatically generated. Please do not reply. *"

Since then... nothing

I bit the bullet and booked all yesterday.....got thru thai pass and got same email--waiting to see if I get QR!

I fly out on the 17th....so if I get denied maybe can give it another try.....will give it the 7 day window

Hi,

For the Test and Go program (the no quarantine one), in the certification for the hotel did you guys just put the hotel confirmation, or did you also add a paid covid test in Thailand confirmation (like from here- https://www.thailandpsas.com/ to phuket)?

If I just put the hotel reservation confirmation is that enough? Thanks!

6 hours ago, Tjampman said:

I just got an email from the Thai embassy in Denmark yesterday regarding COE/TP, and they say they they have no access to the TP process and therefore cannot give any updates etc... So no,  the embassies don't seem to be involved at all.

This process is handled entirely by the minestry of foreign affairs in Bangkok.

Ok thanks for that. I find that very surprising given the number of documents and volume of applicants. It seems strange given what you have said, that some people are seeing a variation in performance of responses. It could of course be several things. Quality of documentation supplied or perhaps they spot check a certain number in a more deeper level?  
Thanks for the information 👍🏻

Has anybody using a hotmail.com email address received the generic acknowledgement email after submitting the Thailand Pass application. I did not get one but my Wife who has a gmail.com email address did. I'm just wondering if I should try again with my gmail account if I dont hear anything within the 7 days?

2 minutes ago, mrengthai said:

Has anybody using a hotmail.com email address received the generic acknowledgement email after submitting the Thailand Pass application. I did not get one but my Wife who has a gmail.com email address did. I'm just wondering if I should try again with my gmail account if I dont hear anything within the 7 days?

No, but shouldn't make any difference. Do check your Hotmail spam-box though, as your filter may be set differently from your wife's Gmail 

18 hours ago, Jay said:

For what it is worth: We use the firefox browser on a macbook-pro. The screenshots of .PDF pages give the jpeg files that were uploaded. Sorry to hear about your ordeal. I keep my fingers crossed!

Thank you so much for crossing fingers - it finally worked and we just recieved our Thailand Passes - quite exactly 48h before departure ;)

We used Gmail-accounts, chrome browser, added vax QR codes and copied both, hotel reservation as well as pre-paid PCR test for Phuket airport on one page for the accomodation receipt. We applied several times. No idea or reference, which application was approved in the end. Fingers crossed for all who are still waiting

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

23 hours ago, Alavan said:

I got this mail 2 November at 0809 GMT+1

"

Thailand Pass system has received your registration.

The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days.

* This email is automatically generated. Please do not reply. *"

Since then... nothing

Just got it this morning. Now just the PCR test before flying.

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

No, but shouldn't make any difference. Do check your Hotmail spam-box though, as your filter may be set differently from your wife's Gmail 

Yes I checked the spam folder, unless they have a spam filter within the spam filter, inception style then I did not get the email. I'd seen other comments regarding possible issues with hotmail accounts that's why I asked the question.

20 minutes ago, Tjampman said:

Yeah, I would not be surprised that they are overwhelmed.

In the build up to this it was said they would use AI to process the applications, which could be the reason some get a very quick approval, and the rest go in the overload que!

Especially considering they didn't really take application for COE in the last 10 or so days of October.

Yes the AI route could well explain it. 

A couple of days ago I registered on the TP system and started the process. I uploaded a perfectly good “passport style” picture of myself (well apart from it being of me!). The system flagged that it did not meet the 75%-80% of my head and shoulders. It certainly did and was literally perfect. That gave me cause for concern as it would be exactly that kind of problem that would send the application to the error pile. I’ve not completed the process yet, but that is a concern. 

It would be interesting how much are tourists? Because in Europe especially in Germany living a lot of Thais, Scandinavia and many in the USA. All the key industry in Thailand are western and japanese countries and they will have a lot of returnees, service etc.