News Forum - Pop megastars ABBA release first album in 40 years

Thaiger

Some said it would never happen. In fact, they themselves frequently said it would never happen. But pop fans around the world are rejoicing over the return of Swedish supergroup, ABBA. Agnetha, Bjorn, Benny and Anni-Frid have reunited for the release of Voyage, their first album in 40 years. It will be followed by an “avatar” concert planned for March 2022 in London. According to an AFP report, Voyage is being released worldwide today. It is the first album from the pop group since they went their separate ways in 1982, following domination of the pop charts during the 70s […]

The story Pop megastars ABBA release first album in 40 years as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

You can't blame them for one last pay day after all these years. Hopefully it's a good album but it's brought them millions even if it's not. Thank you for the music ABBA . 

• Like 2

Funny how many of us responded to Big Hewer's topic about 1971. Bit a nostalgia going around Thaiger lately. I imagine some of us will remember those days vividly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hard to tell which is the blonde one now 😬

While ABBA were certainly everywhere in the 70’s I must say I wasn’t really a fan, it was music my parents would listen to in the car .

Full Kudos to them for their songwriting* and singing skills but I won’t be buying ( or downloading off some dodgy website ) , it just ain’t my type of music. This album will do well no doubt, Christmas so close 😬, but I doubt if it will be anywhere as popular as their 70’s albums, music trends are a lot different nowadays.

* while it is common knowledge that the two boys did the majority of their songwriting there was a 3rd guy who assisted in writing and he contributed on nearly all their biggest hits .

( obligatory dull fact )

• Haha 4

Did they ever tour Thailand, have they got any connection at all, so why is this news? Why not post news about Thai entertainers as well? It is the culture most here claim to have 'fallen in love with' - but then you never seem to post anything about it.

9 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

Did they ever tour Thailand, have they got any connection at all, so why is this news? Why not post news about Thai entertainers as well? It is the culture most here claim to have 'fallen in love with' - but then you never seem to post anything about it.

In fairness there will be many here who can hark back to when ABBA dominated airwaves and tube TV screens and so 40 years on there is a measure of amused/bemused fascination.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

There are a couple of threads on here regarding Thai music.

Were ABBA popular here in the 70's & 80's, because if they weren't, that would explain it....?

Are you a Thai person?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Faraday said:

There are a couple of threads on here regarding Thai music.

Were ABBA popular here in the 70's & 80's, because if they weren't, that would explain it....?

Are you a Thai person?

I don't think Trolls appreciate ABBA, if you know what  I mean ? 😉

1 hour ago, Sarisin said:

Is that you Rob?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sarisin said:

Fair point but easily answered.

This is an news article about an internationally acclaimed group from the 1970’s who have released a new album after 40 years. It’s newsworthy due to their popularity all around the world (possibly with the exception of Thailand) of this band. They were Global you see and hence of interest to almost the entire world.  I’m sure that when a Thai band create such a worldwide following as this group of people from Sweden did, then Thaiger will be right on it. Let’s all meet back here in 40 years and see if that scenario has happened….

• Like 2

I'm very happy to see ABBA reform for this anniversary. There was an interview  aired in Australia yesterday with Benny and Bjorn. Just great to see them back together and releasing new songs. Many of my age group loved their songs. Australia was the place they really found a cult following. Hope to see their show when it comes here next year. Good songs, great vibe!! 

15 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Let’s all meet back here in 40 years and see if that scenario has happened….

I'd love to Kh dog... might be little bit difficult at 105.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Could never understand why "Dancing Queen" wasn't popular here as I would have thought 25% of male Thais would have jumped on it ( or someone) 😂

That track wasn’t so popular but I’m sure the lyrics to Money Money Money was:

In my dreams I have a plan
If I got me a wealthy man
I wouldn't have to work at all
I'd fool around and have a ball

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

Could never understand why "Dancing Queen" wasn't popular here as I would have thought 25% of male Thais would have jumped on it ( or someone) 😂

When I stayed in jomtien every hotel/bar/restaurant that had a live band,played dancing queen five times a night."I don't want to talk about it" was the other most played song in bars.

1 minute ago, yselmike said:

When I stayed in jomtien every hotel/bar/restaurant that had a live band,played dancing queen five times a night."I don't want to talk about it" was the other most played song in bars.

Was that during the 1970's ?

29 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Fair point but easily answered.

This is an news article about an internationally acclaimed group from the 1970’s who have released a new album after 40 years. It’s newsworthy due to their popularity all around the world (possibly with the exception of Thailand) of this band. They were Global you see and hence of interest to almost the entire world.  I’m sure that when a Thai band create such a worldwide following as this group of people from Sweden did, then Thaiger will be right on it. Let’s all meet back here in 40 years and see if that scenario has happened….

Well there is always Lisa 😃 Actually Abba were going nowhere after Waterloo until an Aussie Dj started playing them and a successful tour there was the real launching pad to worldwide fame, so blame Tim and his mates!