News Forum - Workers returning from provinces can get second, third vaccine doses in Bangkok

Thaiger

The health minister says jobseekers returning from the provinces to work in Bangkok can get their vaccine doses in the capital. Anutin Charnvirakul says some people may have appointments for a second dose or a third, booster dose, in their home provinces. However, they can opt to have them in Bangkok instead. He was speaking as workers previously employed in the capital but forced to return to their home provinces during the lockdown are now preparing to return. According to a Bangkok Post report, health officials are working to ensure returning employees awaiting their second or third vaccine dose will […]

The story Workers returning from provinces can get second, third vaccine doses in Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Can farangs also walk in for the vaccine after 28 days? I go my first jab of AstraZeneca October 22nd, I don't want to wait until January for the second one. 

On 11/5/2021 at 9:53 AM, Thaiger said:

Vaccine recipients will now be offered a combination of AstraZeneca and Pfizer, for first and second dose respectively, replacing the previous combination of Sinovac and AstraZeneca

If that's general (AZ + Pfizer, replacing Sinovac + AZ) that's a big step forward, though not before time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Eduardo said:

Can farangs also walk in for the vaccine after 28 days? I go my first jab of AstraZeneca October 22nd, I don't want to wait until January for the second one. 

I'd strongly suggest you go and check wherever you were vaccinated, as you may now be eligible for a second jab of Pfizer after 3 - 4 weeks instead of a second of AZ after 12 weeks.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Eduardo said:

In hindsight, I'm glad you posted that as it confirms what I've been saying, that despite some claims here not all farangs are getting double Pfizer at the moment.

I'd definitely check on your eligibility for a second jab soon with Pfizer, @Eduardo, as I'm reasonably sure you should get it as this is being widely reported on Thai media and a lot more Thais are taking interest than before.

• Like 1

"Workers returning from provinces can get second, third vaccine doses in Bangkok"

How about their first dose 🤔

Let's hope they don't pick up their first and subsequent infection there too before being protected.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, palooka said:

What about the ones still waiting for their first dose????

Agreed entirely, @palooka, but at least the move away from 1x Sinovac + 1x AZ to 1x AZ + 1x Pfizer should encourage a lot more to register.

Everyone knows by now just how badly the government stuffed up the vaccine purchase and the roll out, but there's no rewind button and no changing that so all people can do is make the best of the situation we're in.

Locally, some schools are open but the 30-40% turnout at the start of the week is already down to 5-10% as locals have gone into panic mode.

The local MitrPhol sugar cane factory 15 kms away has had Covid cases this week (not sure how many) so the entire factory has closed.

Most local attractions are closed, despite it being high season here for domestic tourism, but one restaurant at the main central attraction was open and one of the visitors earlier this week tested positive for Covid. Staff at the restaurant are being tested today, and even those four steps away know and are self-quarantining until the results are known.  Two tour buses went past yesterday - the first for months, and normally it would be dozens - but I doubt any more will be welcome for a while.

The relevance?

Before, no-one wanted to register for vaccines as it was 1x Sinovac + 1x AZ. Now, though, with 1x AZ and 1x Pfizer, I think registrations are going to rocket.

Those waiting may not get the vaccines any quicker, but at least now there's no excuse that no-one's interested.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

How about their first dose 🤔

As announced and reported:

On 11/5/2021 at 9:53 AM, Thaiger said:

He is also urging people who are yet to be vaccinated to do so at the Thai-Japanese Stadium from Tuesday.

At least now they know they don't have to be registered in Bangkok to be vaccinated, either for their first or subsequent doses, since this is all over Thai social media.

On 11/5/2021 at 12:25 PM, Cabra said:

Seems like if they wanted to avoid a surge they would make the vaccine a requirement for those returning to the city for work 

Many can't get vaccines locally yet, and many returning won't be properly "salaried" so that couldn't be enforceable - and many are already in Bangkok but unregistered - at least this way everyone now knows they can get vaccinated.

The whole procurement and rollout was an inexcusable disaster, but now some things are getting better.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Stonker said:

The local MitrPhol sugar cane factory 15 kms away has had Covid cases this week (not sure how many) so the entire factory has closed.

factory closing is very bad for the sugar growers, sugar cannot sit in fields for ever, yields go down so price goes down and it is the grower that always loses ie the poor.