News Forum - Government approves budget of over 3.6 billion baht for Thai vaccine development

Thaiger

A budget of 3.62 billion baht has been approved by the Cabinet for continued research and development into 2 Thai Covid-19 vaccines. According to the Bangkok Post, deputy government spokesperson Rachada Dhanadirek says one of the vaccines is an mRNA vaccine, while the other is a subunit, plant-based vaccine. Around 2.32 billion baht has been earmarked for the mRNA vaccine, which is known as ChulaCOV-19 and is being developed by the Chula Vaccine Research Centre at Chulalongkorn University’s Faculty of Medicine and its partners. The second vaccine, a subunit vaccine known as Baiya, is worth 1.3 billion baht and is […]

The story Government approves budget of over 3.6 billion baht for Thai vaccine development as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Too late for this entry,  going to be an " Non Performing Asset".

In My opinion, Thailand can focus many other fronts which needs a research and development, manufacturing for sustainable economy and employment.

Being an tropical country with abundant water and sunlight, Thailand can focus farming, solar energy.

The villages in Thailand are still poor without lighting and basic life style poor, this can be brought by government by introducing better methods life style rather than working an economy on tourism.

At this point i do want to criticize tourism as this is also an business which get money, however in a situation of pandemic alternate earnings and use the resources available can be thought off.

Vaccine development, research, manufacturing, sustainability is a big game, small countries can leverage the developed countries from time to time rather than doing a substantial investment and such things.

From the University this is backing, I can see this is going to lead to a not discussable taboo subject.

And there they go again about talking about wealthy foreigners and wealthy retiree "who can pay their own way"! Oh, and wealthy tourist travelers. I wonder if they will have a special exemption for groups of Chinese?

For most all western travelers I really don't see that they never or cannot pay or do not pay their own way. This is primarily just seemingly looking like a sterilization or exclusive excuse these elite junta fat heads and elite are pulling. Actually it looks a lot like they are starting back on the next step of what Thaksin was starting to do to us if any of you remember what he put into action and they way that was leading to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blogosopher said:

This is the same thing as closing the barn door after all the animals have gotten out. SMH.

Except with Thailand's administrators you can leave the barn doors wide open and the pigs will still stay at the trough as it has an auto refill mechanism 😉

Just for a moment there, I thought they could get through an article without a shameless grab for wealthy people.....but no! Couldn't they just spend the 3.6 Billion on more vaccines from overseas? 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just for a moment there, I thought they could get through an article without a shameless grab for wealthy people.....but no! Couldn't they just spend the 3.6 Billion on more vaccines from overseas? 

You'd think so and I said exactly the same when the company first asked for support.

They could even save the 3.6b altogether and get 4m+ free vaccines if they just signed a couple of pieces of paper.

But all that would actually benefit the population and not them, which is clearly not what they're in office for.