MasterCard exchange

riclag

Just for example yesterday I tested my USA credit card (no foreign exchange fee). Oh yes I asked for it  in Baht at the cashier ! I’m told Topps doesn’t charge to use a Card.

11/3/21  TT buying rate was 33.26 
The amount in Baht was 264.

in dollars it was 9.26 ! 
I’m not sure what the total fees that were incurred .I know master card charges 0.20% points to  convert.

Anybody know how to figure this out!

1 hour ago, Faz said:

You got 28.51 BHT to 1$.

If TT rate was 33.26
Charge              4.75 BHT per $

Thanks Faz

That settles that ! I ain't ever gonna use my credit  card here again! Instead I'll just use the atm and pull my  budgeted $700 and  deposit it in my Bkk account!

Does this rate fluctuate  4.75 ?

1 hour ago, riclag said:

That settles that ! I ain't ever gonna use my credit  card here again! Instead I'll just use the atm and pull my  budgeted $700 and  deposit it in my Bkk account!

Does this rate fluctuate  4.75 ?

1. Some stores charge 15% for using a Thai debit card. Not so sure Topps don't have a standing charge for using a foreign credit card.

2. The TT rate is not necessarily the credit card rate.

3. Some credit cards whilst stating no exchange fee rate, have a lower rate and a standing charge.
You'd need to read the full terms and conditions, the small print stuff on page 36.

If you send me the card ric, I can test it and let you know if I find any varying fluctuations with transactions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You got ripped off. I had to pay my dentist today and I used my US CC. I got 33.29/$. I've never seen as big a penalty as you got unless the vendor hits you with a fee AND you got the short end of the FX spread.