News Forum - Bangkok Governor warns of stiff penalty for Loy Krathong fireworks

Thaiger

The celebration of the national holiday Loy Krathong is coming up on November 19, but Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang warns people to avoid the sale and use of fireworks, firecrackers and lanterns this year. The holiday is a modern take on a tradition dating to the 13th-century Sukhothai kingdom where people launch little boats called Krathong on waterways as a tribute to the water goddess Mae Konka, but recent celebrations have involved brighter and louder displays of firecrackers and fireworks. This year, despite Covid-19, a large turnout is expected of both Thais and foreigners to celebrate across the country, especially […]

The story Bangkok Governor warns of stiff penalty for Loy Krathong fireworks as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ok I understand the worries about accidents but a ban and up to 3 years jail?! And also then you have to ban it from new years eve and other festivals where you have traditionally fireworks. And I would be interested in the answer of the foreigners what they would think about a ban on fireworks at new years eve in their homecountries and up to 3 years jail for doing it.

• Like 1

60,000 baht and 3 years in jail for those use of fireworks and ONLY 6,000 baht and 3 months in jail for those who use Chinese firecrackers"

I'll go with the Chinese crackers anyday!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, gummy said:

Guess he means if people act like prats at Loy Krathong they will get a rocket from him 😉

His Stiffy penalty. hahahaha

• Haha 1

Just now, Brownie said:

Chinese crackers! Oh, those hotties😀

Telling me, take a look on TikTok, The one calling herself Catherine Wheel goes well too 😂

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

He probably gets one looking at himself, if you get what I mean

Ahh you mean he is the type that touches himself saying I'M sooo hanssome. How do ya like that big booooy.

49 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Ahh you mean he is the type that touches himself saying I'M sooo hanssome. How do ya like that big booooy.

You got it in one, narcissistic to the core.

5 hours ago, gummy said:

Telling me, take a look on TikTok, The one calling herself Catherine Wheel goes well too 😂

Ha ha ha!
I bet she's a real spinner.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, gummy said:

Yes seen her, she's been around a lot

Edited by Malc-Thai
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Stardust said:

Ok I understand the worries about accidents but a ban and up to 3 years jail?! And also then you have to ban it from new years eve and other festivals where you have traditionally fireworks. And I would be interested in the answer of the foreigners what they would think about a ban on fireworks at new years eve in their homecountries and up to 3 years jail for doing it.

I support the idea of quiet fireworks. I love to celebrate Guy Fawkes and New Year. However I live in a farming community and the livestock are scarred out of their whits with the excess bangs. You can’t make them silent but you don’t need the extra bang. 

I won’t comment on 3 years sentence idea as it’s to stupid for words. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Brownie said:

60,000 baht and 3 years in jail for those use of fireworks and ONLY 6,000 baht and 3 months in jail for those who use Chinese firecrackers"

I'll go with the Chinese crackers anyday!

this shows the effectiveness of the firecrackers, just like their vaccines