News Forum - Airbnb reports surge in Thailand accommodation searches since re-opening

Thaiger

The accommodation website Airbnb has reported a spike in searches for properties in Thailand, following the country’s re-opening to vaccinated tourists from select countries. Searches for Thai accommodation over the next 6 months are double those of a year ago, with searches for villas being the most popular. The Bangkok Post reports that in terms of location, Phuket, Bangkok, Koh Samui, Pattaya, and Chiang Mai are some of the most searched travel spots, but other resort destinations within close reach of Bangkok are also proving popular. During the third week of October, Airbnb saw an 80% increase in accommodation searches […]

The story Airbnb reports surge in Thailand accommodation searches since re-opening as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

why stay in an Airbnb when decent hotels are so reasonable? I'd never stay in one again after the last time, too much of a gamble

Edited by Sarisin

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Let me know when the Thailand Pass is working please....

It is working. Registered 2 days ago and got my QR Code yesterday.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sarisin said:

why stay in an Airbnb when decent hotels are so reasonable? I'd never stay in one again after the last time, too much of a gamble

These are not the tourists Thailand wants

18 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Searching... 

Not the same as booking.

A bit like looking at donations...

But them not arriving here.

I agree, millions of of us search for information via google on aspects of life, geography, demographics etc on various countries every single day but it does not mean we will go there. Airbnb is a profit orientated organisation so it is fair to say anything it may conclude statistically and thus publish to boost it's income is simple business techniques.

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

I agree, millions of of us search for information via google on aspects of life, geography, demographics etc on various countries every single day but it does not mean we will go there. Airbnb is a profit orientated organisation so it is fair to say anything it may conclude statistically and thus publish to boost it's income is simple business techniques.

Airbnb doesn't really tell you anything it only tells you the amount of clicks on your property listing, in the last few months it has more than doubled,

Booking.com gives you a more details if it's any help will tell you where the clicks are coming from which country, the last time I looked USA was top of the list,

At the end of the day it's how many bookings you are getting

20 hours ago, Jason said:

Let me know when the Thailand Pass is working please....

The application worked ok for me on MS edge  chrome was fu, was a pia not to be able to upload PDFs

Just wait and see how long the approval or rejection takes now

AIRBNB is a huge risk for you if you're renting from someone. I had an accommodation owner in Sydney cancel me at the last minute. I had to scramble for hours to find a replacement accommodation that I could begin to afford. It was much more expensive (most affordable places had long since been booked) and far less suitable. It really took away from our long awaited vacation and increased our expense substantially. AIRBNB would do nothing about it. I quit AIRBNB right there and then.

• Thanks 1