News Forum - Thailand Pass Issues, Thai Airways in trouble again | Good Morning Thailand LIVE | Ep. 124

Thaiger

In today’s episode Jay and Tim talk about issues regarding the Thailand Pass and have a chat with Mike and his experience over in the UK. Thai Airways is in trouble again and a little look into the world of Thai politics.

The story Thailand Pass Issues, Thai Airways in trouble again | Good Morning Thailand LIVE | Ep. 124 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hi Jay & Tim and Mike's problems are obviously very frustrating but this is not what happened to us.

We live in the Netherlands, and are travelling to Thailand on the 11th of November. I decided to complete my Thai Pass a few days after it's installation, because I feared there might be few clinches from the outset. 

Although I was born in the UK, after Brexit I became a Dutch national and my wife is Thai. We had to convert all our PDF documents into jpeg's, but the rest of the process was straightforward enough, and after posting our information, within three minutes we had four emails from the Thai Pass Consular.

Two were to say that they had received our applications and two were to say they had been immediately approved! Well done to all those involved, and as I am 66, you don't need a computer wiz kid to work things out. Sorry Mike, but maybe Brexit has messed things up for you?

20180415_164558.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BeingFrank said:

Hi Jay & Tim and Mike's problems are obviously very frustrating but this is not what happened to us.

We live in the Netherlands, and are travelling to Thailand on the 11th of November. I decided to complete my Thai Pass a few days after it's installation, because I feared there might be few clinches from the outset. 

Although I was born in the UK, after Brexit I became a Dutch national and my wife is Thai. We had to convert all our PDF documents into jpeg's, but the rest of the process was straightforward enough, and after posting our information, within three minutes we had four emails from the Thai Pass Consular.

Two were to say that they had received our applications and two were to say they had been immediately approved! Well done to all those involved, and as I am 66, you don't need a computer wiz kid to work things out. Sorry Mike, but maybe Brexit has messed things up for you?

20180415_164558.jpg

Brexit ! 

AA941649-451A-4B95-95B1-40CC5BAA056D.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Brexit ! 

Brexit ! 

50 minutes ago, BeingFrank said:

20180415_164558.jpg

Bit sideways, but interested: After Nexit, will you become Belgian or German? 😉

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

You of all people should know the difference in beer alone 🤭🍺

Hmmmm

Chang last I heard was Thai...

Is there other beers......🤪

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Hmmmm

Chang last I heard was Thai...

Is there other beers......🤪

We'll go drink some Duvel some time 😋

Alright, sorry, back on topic now!

13 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

We'll go drink some Duvel some time 😋

Alright, sorry, back on topic now!

Ahhh, From the village of Puurs. Home of Duvel and Pfizer vaccin.

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

Bit sideways, but interested: After Nexit, will you become Belgian or German? 😉

I’m just trying to work out the tenuous link between a Thai immigration system not functioning correctly and Brexit. I’ve heard Brexit blamed on all manner of things, but this one takes the Kaasstengels😉

I’m just trying to work out the tenuous link between a Thai immigration system not functioning correctly and Brexit. I’ve heard Brexit blamed on all manner of things, but this one takes the Kaasstengels😉

I'm allergic 🤮

Today is 5/11/21.  I submitted my application for Travel Pass on 2/11/21 so I still have u til 9/11/21 to get a yay or nay. Lot of fecking noise so far but has anyone got their application approved thus far?  Yes or no? Just wondering if I should be worried or just wait. Thanks,. 

If the Thai government thought the COE system was a failure, I hate to think what they will think of Thailand Pass.

It is slower with just as many hoops to jump through and no feeling you are being approved any time soon.

3 ASQ visits in 14 months, went like a dream with approval in less than 36 hrs, one TP application and waiting 4 days and counting......

21 hours ago, Soloman said:

Today is 5/11/21.  I submitted my application for Travel Pass on 2/11/21 so I still have u til 9/11/21 to get a yay or nay. Lot of fecking noise so far but has anyone got their application approved thus far?  Yes or no? Just wondering if I should be worried or just wait. Thanks,. 

Posted it 1/11 and received QR code this morning

Thanks to some advice on an earlier post, I just reapplied. When I put in my first application on november 1st it was for a flight on the 3rd. Needless to say that didn't happen. I rescheduled to the end of the month and I put in my application on Saturday the 6th. I did not get an access code, just that it was submitted. A response to my earlier inquiry on line here said to not use Yahoo or Hotmail. Of course I used a hotmail account. I just reapplied and got it accepted along with an access code that I can use to check on the status. Thanks to all for your valuable input.

On 11/5/2021 at 5:51 PM, Samuiwonder said:

Soidog- how did you get approval when no one else could even get the site to work. Something smells fishy here.

I missed this as you didn’t use @Soidog  I never said I got approval? I know it’s several days ago but hope things have been resolved?