News Forum - Chinese travellers forced to stay home as rest of Asia re-opens to tourism

Thaiger

18 minutes ago, Poolie said:

All I needed to know. I'm just curious to how it's changed now the US is in decline. Blinken doesn't appear to have received the memo.

Just like with China, the rumor of the US demise is greatly exaggerated. The only real difference is Pooh knows China depends on others while Blinken knows the US doesn’t. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Just like with China, the rumor of the US demise is greatly exaggerated. The only real difference is Pooh knows China depends on others while Blinken knows the US doesn’t. 

Yes dear. Have you seen the inflation figures, the empty shelves, the homeless, the addicts, the food stamp users, I could go on. China isnt calling America at the moment, wonder why?

7 hours ago, TukTuk said:

I know for sure 2 of the Japanese were my wife's cousin and her Japanese husband. So are these numbers of actual tourists or people returning home?

These are figures quoted on Thaiger Nov 3rd, as to whether they are tourists isn't clarified just arrival numbers from other countries.

Mainly illustrating that not all Chinese have to stay home.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Poolie said:

Yes dear. Have you seen the inflation figures, the empty shelves, the homeless, the addicts, the food stamp users, I could go on. China isnt calling America at the moment, wonder why?

Demographics alone will kill off China, that’s if economics or energy don’t get them first. Empty shelves? That’s funny considering Pooh just told the Chinese people to start stocking up on food because of shortages. America not having enough Barbi dolls or talking coffee pots this Christmas is meaningless in comparison. Don’t look now but something much worse than inflation  is stalking China - stagflation. A byproduct of the fact china prints five times the amount of money America does every day! No I don’t wonder why, just count it as a blessing. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Demographics alone will kill off China, that’s if economics or energy don’t get them first. Empty shelves? That’s funny considering Pooh just told the Chinese people to start stocking up on food because of shortages. America not having enough Barbi dolls or talking coffee pots this Christmas is meaningless in comparison. Don’t look now but something much worse than inflation  is stalking China - stagflation. A byproduct of the fact china prints five times the amount of money America does every day! No I don’t wonder why, just count it as a blessing. 

Xi Jingping doesnt concern himself with such matters, it was the Minister of Consumables and it was a routine announcement taken out of context by the lying western press. If you cant read the news I dont see a way forward with this discussion.

Good night.

Stagflation. 😄

12 hours ago, Soidog said:

This is just taking it too far @Poolie . Of course the US is a big influence in the world and it’s easy to see everyone as a puppet. The reality is we are talking about the major economies of the world supporting rules based international agreements. All of the EU. All of Scandinavia. All of North America.  Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea , much of the Middle East. These international norms are not just US.

It is not in the interests of anyone and in particular the Chinese people to have their country upsetting the major economies and military powers in the world. It’s common sense and hopefully the Chinese leaders will return to a better relationship once Xi has cemented his presidency for life.

At the end of the day, we are all humans trying to get along on this small planet. We simply don’t need the BS from China or the US or any other country. Why can’t we try to work things out and develop things peacefully for all? 

Unfortunately during trump's Presidency the US often worked to counter international rules based agreements. As an example the US blocked the appointment of Appeals Judges at WTO demonstrating abuse of power.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/12/09/trump-may-kill-wto-finally-appellate-body-world-trade-organization/

Yes, PRC abuses it economic and political power and seemingly unwilling to change whilst Xi is in power.

Personally I am of the opinion the massive volume of tourism in Thailand, prior to Covid, was a negative. Hopefully, a model for sustainable tourism will be built upon lessons learnt in the coming few years.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Xi Jingping doesnt concern himself with such matters, it was the Minister of Consumables and it was a routine announcement taken out of context by the lying western press. If you cant read the news I dont see a way forward with this discussion.

Good night.

Stagflation. 😄

Nice to see you are prepared to have a discussion @Poolierather than your normal Pithy one liners. 

I don’t have the full details of the working of China’s political machinery and neither do you. I simply judge a country and it’s leaders by three things I see:

1. How they get to power and the say the people have in their selection.

2. What they do with the power “bestowed” on them by the people. 

3.How they engage with the wider region and the rest of the world. 

On all three test, the current Chinese government fails miserably in comparison to even the worst of the Western leaders.   

• Like 3

A number of off-topic and argumentative posts have been removed. The topic of this thread is “Chinese travellers forced to stay home as rest of Asia re-opens to tourism”. Let’s stay on topic and keep things civil.

Thanks,