News Forum - Thailand’s reopening expect to boost Phuket’s tourism industry

Thaiger

The reopening of Thailand on Monday is expected to boost Phuket’s hard-hit tourism industry. Yesterday, the President of the Phuket Tourism Association said that the island is expected to receive up to 10,000 visitors a day in December, and as many as 1 million arrivals in the first quarter of 2022.  This comes after the recent Airports of Thailand announcement that 726,000 domestic and international visitors will be traveling by plane around Thailand this month. Over 6,600 visitors arrived in Thailand on Monday, the first day that the country was officially reopened. While the country loosened restrictions on international arrivals, […]

The story Thailand’s reopening expect to boost Phuket’s tourism industry as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

https://asq.in.th/phuket-test-and-go-hotels

Well they have listed ONE day test n go prices AND admitted to PCR-transport costs

Makes me laugh as 600-1500bt transport on island --somebody let the truth slip out on that one

How do the locals make it from airport to hotel--Id be tailgating these folks if I landed there

Your call CNX for letting me transit in BKK or fly direct and Im ready to book

The sad reality is, that the Thailand Travel Pass is just not tourist friendly. 

It is the COE to all intent and purpose. Even when it runs smoothly, which currently,  as I understand it, it is not. Documents which need to be uploaded are in the main PDF format, and the system does not work with PDF files.

I'm told,  that you can work round this, with some clever app, but it's a pain and  chewy. It's not in my view, a friendly process.

There will be many, with good money to spend, who like myself view computers as a toy, or something that your secretary plays with, and in retirement we have no interest in.

Get rid of the crap, and take our money.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

the President of the Phuket Tourism Association said that the island is expected to receive up to 10,000 visitors a day in December, and as many as 1 million arrivals in the first quarter of 2022

Do you need two doctors to commence committal proceedings to a Psychiatric unit in Thailand because certainly this person appears to have some mental issues. 

1 hour ago, BIGGLES said:

The sad reality is, that the Thailand Travel Pass is just not tourist friendly. 

It is the COE to all intent and purpose. Even when it runs smoothly, which currently,  as I understand it, it is not. Documents which need to be uploaded are in the main PDF format, and the system does not work with PDF files.

I'm told,  that you can work round this, with some clever app, but it's a pain and  chewy. It's not in my view, a friendly process.

There will be many, with good money to spend, who like myself view computers as a toy, or something that your secretary plays with, and in retirement we have no interest in.

Get rid of the crap, and take our money.

Take pictures of your document with your phone - hey presto jpg files which are fine. No app required