News Forum - PM says Thailand will step up fight against climate change

Thaiger

23 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

I like Greta. 

Please remember she is very young.  Didn't you ever buck the system when you were young?

I think it's good that she gets you triggered.  As you clearly are.

Why do you think it’s good if Greta “gets me triggered”?

I’m not triggered by Greta. She’s just a young kid being exploited by adults. I’m angered by the lack of backbone by my government just to ignore her choreographed outbursts. 

• Like 2

It's a complicated problem in my opinion. If world leaders have this conference every year and make the same vow every year, but nothing changes. 

Small time individual like me doing recycling, reduce driving, consume less power, etc will not solve the problems. What can individual help? 1% maybe. It's just a waste of time. 

Richard Koch's principle, 80% of the problem are caused by 20%. Your Meat industry, textile industry, deforestation, Over agriculture, over fishing, etc. Big players and organisations are the main problem causing climate change.

Let me get back to separate my rubbish for different bins.

So all, well not quite all the world's leaders have flown into Glasgow in their respective private jets. (Note the worlds worst polluters Xi Jinping is not there). Then they are all being driven around in large gas gurgling  motorcades. Meeting in large air condition conference halls. Eating the best foods and drinks money can buy. 

This is all good for the planet how

So they can tell us we are bad to make long haul flights, bad to buy that big diesel powered SUV, cut back on your heating or AC.

DO AS WE SAY NOT AS WE DO.

The Hypocrisy of it all stinks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Why do you think it’s good if Greta “gets me triggered”?

I’m not triggered by Greta. She’s just a young kid being exploited by adults. I’m angered by the lack of backbone by my government just to ignore her choreographed outbursts. 

I didn't say I was "happy" that you were triggered.

But peddle that if you want to. 

5 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

So all, well not quite all the world's leaders have flown into Glasgow in their respective private jets. (Note the worlds worst polluters Xi Jinping is not there). Then they are all being driven around in large gas gurgling  motorcades. Meeting in large air condition conference halls. Eating the best foods and drinks money can buy. 

So they can tell us we are bad to make long haul flights, bad to buy that big diesel powered SUV, cut back on your heating or AC.

I was amazed Morrison the Oz even showed up because they suck on environmental and climate change issues.

And Johnson.  Ooooh London's a long way (400miles).  Better take the private Airbus A321 back after fervently peddling my 'green' credentials.

Biden.  Air Force One plus a spare 747 and some cargo planes.  Then all the gas guzzling yank cars.  Was it sponsored by Exxon Mobil?

Xi:  I couldn't turn up because I couldn't find the airport through the smog.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

I didn't say I was "happy" that you were triggered.

But peddle that if you want to. 

I do apologise. Why do you think it’s “good” she gets me triggered? 

While I’m asking questions. Why do you feel it’s necessary to have such an antagonistic tone and acuse me of “peddling”? 

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I do apologise. Why do you think it’s “good” she gets me triggered? 

While I’m asking questions. Why do you feel it’s necessary to have such an antagonistic tone and acuse me of “peddling”? 

Triggered status confirmed. 

14 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

1 minute ago, Changnam43 said:

I was amazed Morrison the Oz even showed up because they suck on environmental and climate change issues.

And Johnson.  Ooooh London's a long way (400miles).  Better take the private Airbus A321 back after fervently peddling my 'green' credentials.

Biden.  Air Force One plus a spare 747 and some cargo planes.  Then all the gas guzzling yank cars.  Was it sponsored by Exxon Mobil?

Xi:  I couldn't turn up because I couldn't find the airport through the smog.

All this BS and no mention of the costs of hosting this sham to the British Tax payer.

Biden forgot why he was going there on the way, forgot where he had been before he got home. Good use of resources I think not...

5 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

Triggered status confirmed. 

Im sorry to hear you are triggered. Try to calm down and remember this is a forum. It’s not so important. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

Bangkok will be under water by the end of the century.

It was supposed to be under water by the end of the last one. That’s 21 years ago. I guess even a broken clock is right two times a day😉

13 hours ago, Changnam43 said:

It's election time in Australia. The Prime Marketer has to pretend he cares. I'd urge anyone to look at Juice Media and the "Australien Government" satire videos. I say satire, but it's more a factual documentary series.

Well I see that Greta is now stating what most of the world already knew. Perhaps she should go and get a real job and learn a bit about how the world works rather then expecting to be invited to state the obvious. Who picks up the costs for all of her jaunts I wonder ?

And by even flying to Glasgow she has proven herself to be nothing but an attention seeking hypocrite, no different from the world leaders she pretends to preach to in my book.

COP26: Greta Thunberg tells protest that COP26 has been a 'failure' - BBC News

58 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well I see that Greta is now stating what most of the world already knew. Perhaps she should go and get a real job and learn a bit about how the world works rather then expecting to be invited to state the obvious. Who picks up the costs for all of her jaunts I wonder ?

And by even flying to Glasgow she has proven herself to be nothing but an attention seeking hypocrite, no different from the world leaders she pretends to preach to in my book.

COP26: Greta Thunberg tells protest that COP26 has been a 'failure' - BBC News

something about Greta to me....she seems unreal