Silence of the Lambs

Andrew Reeve

How did i miss "Silence of the Lambs"  30 year old film anniversary earlier in the year and its one of my all time favorite films.

Lets have a game of two truths and one lie

1. The FBI assisted with the making of the film

2. Jodie Foster avoided Anthony Hopkins on set

3. Sir Anthony Hopkins has just 40 seconds of screen time

Sorry Andrew and i know the answer as I am bit of a quiz nut, first time round got the answer wrong.

Will not say until a few other have a go.

Well done Alice and King cotton and Jodie Foster was terrified of Anthony Hopkins and avoided him as much as possible and remember most scenes done between them had glass in the middle as he was in prison.

• Haha 1

Oh, shucks! I assumed that by signing it @Andrew Reeve, it would only be seen by him . . . what a plonker!

I'll see if I can delete the post.

Yep, quiz answers now deleted so it can still run, apart from Andrew's mention of the Foster/Hopkins stand-off.

Thanks, anyway!

No harm done King Cotton and your answer to question 3 raises the question, how many individual have won Oscars for very short appearance in Films.

Will look this up and post in wee while.

I have watched Silence of the Lambs several times and never noticed Anthony Hopkins was only in the film for 16 minutes which was only 14% of the film time.

Oscars Won For Less Than 20 Minutes Of Screen Time

• Cool 1

Interesting stuff, Andrew.

My favourite short-clipper was Jack Palance, an actor who I'd admired in several movies.

Big fan of Tony Curtis and enjoyed The Great Race and The Vikings.

Got to meet him in 1993, when he was signing copies of his autobiography at Waterstones and a very bubbly and reasonable loud film star.

• Cool 1