News Forum - 6,600+ arrive on first day of Thailand’s reopening

Thaiger

29 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Did anyone here see the the arrival of all these people? We're relying on official sources for the figures.

Do the flight tracking websites give us data to support the number of flights and passengers?

Ah, new conspiracy theory. 

I think if they want to lie, they will say more than 6,600/3000.

Who want to lie about 6,600/3000.

Why want to lie? For what?

Use actors in the photo?  And fake planes landing? 

And pay many reporter from many different news company for lie together. And all the staff at the airport. 

Good plan! Trick Yinn. Thankyou Bluesofa.

https://www.tnnthailand.com/news/wealth/95287/

AE229244-74A6-46DD-81A7-1FC9F97DF9A6.jpeg

040449F2-5878-44D0-AA28-DA6EBD8A097D.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

And pay many reporter from many different news company for lie together. And all the staff at the airport. 

AE229244-74A6-46DD-81A7-1FC9F97DF9A6.jpeg

040449F2-5878-44D0-AA28-DA6EBD8A097D.jpeg

Good morning Yinn, I see you are starting early today on your wind-ups, this time I see it is @Bluesofa you have in your sights. How is that young baby of yours, keeping you awake ?

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Just because I said that the news article was quoting official figures, why is that a conspiracy theory?

I was asking questions, not saying it was rubbish.

OK you've provided some photos of some ferangs arriving, that's good. But I just asked if it was going to be the numbers quoted officially of 3,000 at Swampy. You can't tell that from the photos.
Does the Thai press say the arrivals looked like there were 3,000, or do they also quote the airport manager?

You said, "And pay many reporter from many different news company for lie together. And all the staff at the airport."
I asked, "Did anyone here see the the arrival of all these people?" I was referring to TT members who might have been around and saw anything like the numbers quoted.

I also asked 'Do the flight tracking websites give us data to support the number of flights and passengers'
I didn't ask only about flights. It was a question.

Why do you have to be so rude when I ask questions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdwardV said:

According to the BP, there were 1,500 foreign nationals landing on Tuesday.

... 1,534 to be precise.  The extra 34 will likely make all the difference to TAT's projections 🤓 https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/11/02/kingdom-may-see-up-to-1-million-tourists/

It will be interesting to see how the real 'foreign national' tourist figures stack up over coming weeks, an increase to be expected, but will it become a flood?  A key factor will be flight availability in various regions and a willingness to accept the arrival pre-conditions.

Edited by KaptainRob
Source added
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

Good morning Yinn, I see you are starting early today on your wind-ups, this time I see it is @Bluesofa you have in your sights. How is that young baby of yours, keeping you awake ?

I see you “liked” Bluesofa conspiracy theory. 😂

Yinn naive so much. I believe the story in the Thai news, TV, online etc. 

The officials trick us everytime. 

This one say 27 airplane companies come yesterday. Very big plan. Thousands people keep the secret. 
More photos the actors and stage.

https://www.prachachat.net/tourism/news-793005

3C326179-5BCF-4241-81DA-5B472B1CADD6.jpeg

FC61318B-8079-462B-A60A-B736EA864482.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I see you “liked” Bluesofa conspiracy theory. 😂

Yinn naive so much. I believe the story in the Thai news, TV, online etc. 

The officials trick us everytime. 

This one say 27 airplane companies come yesterday. Very big plan. Thousands people keep the secret. 
More photos the actors and stage.

https://www.prachachat.net/tourism/news-793005

3C326179-5BCF-4241-81DA-5B472B1CADD6.jpeg

FC61318B-8079-462B-A60A-B736EA864482.jpeg

I appreciate you want to believe everything you read as you were never educated to challenge things within the Thai system and I mean that in  nice way. However the point is were there really 6600 people arriving on Monday, that was the point  @Bluesofa questioned.  Now cast your mind back to the government lies months ago about no over-crowding at Bang Sue, when that other government minister stupidly blamed the camera angle. (   https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/health-minister-says-bang-sue-not-crowded-blames-camera-angles ).   When it comes to false claims so often attributed to this government then any statements made by them or their agencies should be openly challenged as they have no credibility currently. Otherwise we may as well believe the earth is flat and the moon is made of cheese.

33 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I asked, "Did anyone here see the the arrival of all these people?" I was referring to TT members who might have been around and saw anything like the numbers quoted.

I also asked 'Do the flight tracking websites give us data to support the number of flights and passengers'
I didn't ask only about flights. It was a question.

Why do you have to be so rude when I ask questions?

Oh, sorry, I thought you suspiciousness about the “officials”. Not believe them? I thought you suspiciously that they lie about it.

sorry. Misunderstanding 

think Gummy think that same Yinn.

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

The more I think about  this, the more I don't understand the figures.

Just going on Swampy figures quoted by the general manager there, who said 61 flights with 'slightly over' 3,000 passengers. That means 49 passengers per flight.

Why are the airlines keen to fly at such low capacity? Are they banking on the publicity to drive their sales up?
I wonder how much over the odds the passengers might have paid for their tickets?

Did anyone here see the the arrival of all these people? We're relying on official sources for the figures.

Do the flight tracking websites give us data to support the number of flights and passengers?

Cargo 

They all would likely have significant cargo on those flights 

Cargo has been the revenue most airlines have relied on throughout this pandemic 

My wife flew Korea Air to Boston 

She was the only one in her section of economy

And they were flying 3x/week

They aren't flying 3x/week for show....

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gummy said:

appreciate you want to believe everything you read as you were never educated to challenge things within the Thai system and I mean that in  nice way

I appreciate you want to believe that they lie about it, the fake photos, planes, actors and stage as you were never educated with technology to search things for yourself. When you go to school, not learn about google, computers. Maybe not have calculator. Very primitive. Believe the earth is flat?

You never go university right? Finish high school? 

i mean that in nice way. So cute.

People with high education are less likely than people with low education to believe in conspiracy theories.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28163371/

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

People with high education are less likely than people with low education to believe in conspiracy theories.

But your comments disprove that theory

Numbers may to true for arrivals in Thailand BUT the planes usually fly on to other countries, possibly with a hundred to Australia for example, plus any passengers they collect in Thailand plus cargo.

If the airlines are breaking even on costs they would be delighted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

We don't know, as the Bangkok Post didn't give the reporter's name.

It was Somchai..their Crackerjack star reporter!

"....they feel confident that they can travel safely in Thailand, as the screening process for arrivals has been thorough and strict from the beginning."

Ahem, it's not the "arrivals" you need to be concerned with.

22 minutes ago, Leo said:

"....they feel confident that they can travel safely in Thailand, as the screening process for arrivals has been thorough and strict from the beginning."

Ahem, it's not the "arrivals" you need to be concerned with.

No but the Thais won't blame the covid spread on themselves so it has to be everybody else.

17 hours ago, gummy said:

No but the Thais won't blame the covid spread on themselves so it has to be everybody else.

Burmese in short supply these days..

On 11/3/2021 at 3:50 AM, Soidog said:

That budget announcement last week was on flights greater than 5,500 miles (Thailand is around 6,000 miles). How does this work if you book a flight with a hop in to the Middle East for example, with both legs being around 3,000 miles? It also wasn’t clear of this £100 tax was on both legs, making a return flight an extra £200!  Even if it remains at £100, that’s around a 15%-20% mark up on ticket prices! 

Everyone knows that farangs can afford it. 

Bangkok Post streamed Facebook live at the arrivals on Monday. It looked like just one flight as what I watched was a slow stream of passengers.

The BP reporter asked each one through if they could chat but many waved her a way or politely refused. No idea what flight I watched but the majority were foreign men with Thai partner, my guess not tourists. I did spot an elderly couple who could  be tourists or I guess retirees.

Also read Richard Barrows updates on his quick trip home to London and back to Bangkok. Not too onerous as it turns out, just hope the process gets simpler as I fancy a trip home next year.

In my eternal optimism I bought a re-entry permit when I renewed my retirement extension yesterday.

Edited by Saltire

I also read Richard Burrow's report about his return thru' Swampy to his hotel.

2 things stood out for me.. #1 His minibus driver was all suited up, and yet had the air set to re-circulate (not good if more than 1 person inside).

#2  Was just how long he was expected to wait in his room for his test result to come back... He got tested by 'hospital staff' at 07.30, & was told he SHOULD get the result by noon the next day...Noon?? But that's 28/9 hours away..& most folk have been brainwashed into thinking 1 night in the hotel room (inc 1 meal), then by next morning free to go off out into the city & beyond...NOW it is looking like 2 nights minimum...!

Is this what to expect? Yes the Gov stipulate 1 night minimum, (Test & Go), but the process will have you locked up for way longer..at your expense of course.

Welcome to Thailand.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Everyone knows that farangs can afford it. 

Well of course we can. More money than we know what to do with most of us. Loads of money! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tanuki said:

I also read Richard Burrow's report about his return thru' Swampy to his hotel.

2 things stood out for me.. #1 His minibus driver was all suited up, and yet had the air set to re-circulate (not good if more than 1 person inside).

#2  Was just how long he was expected to wait in his room for his test result to come back... He got tested by 'hospital staff' at 07.30, & was told he SHOULD get the result by noon the next day...Noon?? But that's 28/9 hours away..& most folk have been brainwashed into thinking 1 night in the hotel room (inc 1 meal), then by next morning free to go off out into the city & beyond...NOW it is looking like 2 nights minimum...!

Is this what to expect? Yes the Gov stipulate 1 night minimum, (Test & Go), but the process will have you locked up for way longer..at your expense of course.

Welcome to Thailand.

I believe the "cutoff" time is 6pm. If the flight arrives before then, 1 quarantine night. For all the other (many) night flights, the quarantine is 2 nights (no one is gonna be processing a PCR test at 3 am so a tourist can get out free before check-out time).

I'm quite sure it's in an official document as well, but they should have made that clearer and advertise it en masse.