News Forum - No decline in Covid-19 infections across 10 Thai provinces

Thaiger

With no drop in Covid-19 infections in 10 provinces, the CCSA says the Public Health Ministry is monitoring the situation closely. Spokesperson Apisamai Srirungson says that while new cases in Thailand as a whole have now dropped below 10,000, the situation is proving concerning in Khon Kaen, Rayong, Chiang Mai, Tak, Chanthaburi, Nakhon Si Thammarat, as well as Songkhla, Yala, Pattani, and Narathiwat. According to a Bangkok Post report, these provinces have not reported any drop in new infections and on some days, actually report an increase. Apisamai says that, compared to the other 8 provinces, Tak and Chanthaburi are […]

The story No decline in Covid-19 infections across 10 Thai provinces as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The attention should be shifting to getting people vaccinated. I think largely because of their initial success in keeping Covid suppressed, vaccine procurement was put on the back burner. Now there isn't nearly enough to fully vaccinate the population. I don't see this situation of infections declining until full vaccination numbers are over 60% to tip the scales and 80% to start driving infections down. That has been the experience of my country and may others.

• Like 1

For those that were initially sceptical, surely it must be obvious by now that the vaccinations drive the increase in cases. In Israel they were corresponding surges after each of the three rounds of vaccinations/ boosters. We are seeing a surge in cases in the UK. Why? Because they have started their boosters. There wasn’t much happening in Thailand or Vietnam. What happened? The drive to vaccinate all and sundry. What is the answer? do what Mexico, Argentina, Peru, Brazil and provinces in Uttar Pradesh are doing which is knocking  outbreaks dead in five weeks by administering ivermectin. Don’t tell anyone though, it’s a worldwide secret!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cg66 said:

We are seeing a surge in cases in the UK. Why? Because they have started their boosters.

Utterly wrong. The reasons for an increase go like this (I’ll do a list in a timeline):

Infections rise so lockdown the country and wait for vaccines.  

Vaccines arrive and start rollout. 

Lockdown and vaccination start to work and numbers start to fall especially in older age groups who have been vaccinated. 

Remove lockdown and open up the country and return life to normal. 

Unvaccinated younger age groups now contract and spread the virus more. 

Case numbers overall increase especially in younger and unvaccinated people (90% of new cases), also in older age groups as protection declines in those who had the vaccine more than six months ago  

Start the booster programme to protect the older age group and life can carry on 

Absolutely nothing to do with the vaccination and all to do with fully opening the country.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

I think you have got it right. In addition, it's the amount of tests per Country, some doing more tests per day than others are doing in a month and the accuracy of the figures per day submitted, (using Worldometer as an example). How realistic are the figures submitted? Yesterday, India had 202 new cases and zero deaths with a population of 1.4 billion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

Utterly wrong. The reasons for an increase go like this (I’ll do a list in a timeline):

Lockdown and vaccination start to work and numbers start to fall especially in older age groups who have been vaccinated. 

Case numbers overall increase especially in younger and unvaccinated people (90% of new cases), also in older age groups as protection declines in those who had the vaccine more than six months ago  

Start the booster programme to protect the older age group and life can carry on 

Absolutely nothing to do with the vaccination and all to do with fully opening the country.   

Spot on you should run for PM In the upcoming already fixed election. 

Ohh sorry waste of time we already know that result don't we....😉

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Thaiger said:

No decline in Covid-19 infections across 10 Thai provinces.

That suggests there's a decline in all other provinces apart from those ten.

That's absolutely NOT the case, whether taken over the last week or the last month.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Soidog said:

15 minutes ago, Cg66 said:

Total garbage. Spouted straight from the BBC propaganda book. 

Im afraid we will have to agree to disagree. I look at the data and all I can see is unequivocal evidence that the vaccines work. This isn’t BBC data. I totally hate the BBC and avoid watching it. I take data from Public Health England and other sources such as John Hopkins etc. I wouldn’t rely on the BBC if they told me it was the year 2021!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cg66 said:

For those that were initially sceptical, surely it must be obvious by now that the vaccinations drive the increase in cases. In Israel they were corresponding surges after each of the three rounds of vaccinations/ boosters. We are seeing a surge in cases in the UK. Why? Because they have started their boosters. There wasn’t much happening in Thailand or Vietnam. What happened? The drive to vaccinate all and sundry. What is the answer? do what Mexico, Argentina, Peru, Brazil and provinces in Uttar Pradesh are doing which is knocking  outbreaks dead in five weeks by administering ivermectin. Don’t tell anyone though, it’s a worldwide secret!

There is actually no clinical trials of ivermectin working.. and this is not what this topic is about 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

There is actually no clinical trials of ivermectin working.. and this is not what this topic is about 

You may be correct about clinical trials however there is ample circumstantial evidence to permit this post to reside in this thread.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

You may be correct about clinical trials however there is ample circumstantial evidence to permit this post to reside in this thread.  

Yes seen the circumstantial evidence of giving ivermectin to people with mild symptoms and they recover ! Would most probably get Same results an m&m's trial to people with mild symptoms.. ivermectin has been debunked hundreds of times here just sad to see the same subject recycled after a few months of being debunked

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevensalzberg/2021/11/01/ivermectin-still-doesnt-treat-covid-19/?sh=6d075a173837

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

Perhaps only the orange and red ones would work ? 😂

Not taking any at all would likely be as effective.

But never tried to feed m&m's to horses 🤭

Regardless of anything though, it's wildly off topic in : No decline in Covid-19 infections across 10 Thai provinces

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Not taking any at all would likely be as effective.

But never tried to feed m&m's to horses 🤭

Regardless of anything though, it's wildly off topic in : No decline in Covid-19 infections across 10 Thai provinces

Sorry @Bob20 and of course you are spot on as usual, I'll just get back to my Snickers bar, there good for piles you know.

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Sorry @Bob20 and of course you are spot on as usual, I'll just get back to my Snickers bar, there good for piles you know.

Not meant at you but at the original poster who inserted it in the topic.

But very true@gummy, I'd rather be seen eating a Snickers than sitting on a rubber donut 🤣

That must be on topic too then 🤔

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

Gives them a scratch ?🤔🤣

It must be from all those foreign tourist flooding into Thailand, eating at restaurants and partying at bars. 

Oh wait, there are no tourists. 

Oh it must be the lifting of the mask mandate, no more social distancing, and entertainment venues. 

Oh wait, we are all doing exactly the same thing still. 

Bottom line, no one knows exactly why covid infection rates go up/down/ or remain stable.  Nothing has changed in the country but various provinces have seen their covid infection rates spike.