News Forum - Thailand Pass workaround for API error

Thaiger

Just now, Benroon said:

Yes this morning.

How far in advance of travel can you start the Thailand pass process? I’m looking to travel in late January/February and I’m thinking I should start now! At least it will give me 3 months to “hack” through all of the software bugs! 

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

How far in advance of travel can you start the Thailand pass process? I’m looking to travel in late January/February and I’m thinking I should start now! At least it will give me 3 months to “hack” through all of the software bugs! 

I saw somebody on asean msg board just got the code and said approval til 1/31, 2022. 

Just now, Dr.Sivada said:

I saw somebody on asean msg board just got the code and said approval til 1/31, 2022. 

Thank you. I’ll leave it a couple of weeks as it may be in to early February before I can travel. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 2:17 AM, Jason said:

Thankfully, I don't have to apply for a while yet. Hopefully when I do, this will have been fixed. One thought for people like me who are double vaxxed now, but who will require a booster shot by the time of travel. If you apply now and attach a Vaccination Certificate, showing double vaccination (the last of which was say in September 2020 and would be six months old in March), will you be refused entry as your vaccination status has waned?? Are you better off getting your booster and then apply for the Thai Pass, when your vaccination Certificate will include the information of your booster?? Just thinking forward :)

When I applied on 11/1, they denied me automatically right away for “incorrect vaccine type”, likely due to inputting 3rd dose/booster info for pfizer. I reapplied with only two doses info, haven’t been denied yet. 

Just now, Tjampman said:

Just think of the bribes you can earn 😜

Don't bother applying until at earliest 1 month before traveling.

Between now February they can change the rules several times.

Well I’m sure you are right. It’s a balance isn’t it, between doing things early enough to deal with the problems, and holding off as you realise this stupidity of a process can’t continue. 

If I was a “normal” 2-4 weeks tourist, I wouldn’t touch Thailand with a barge pole. If I didn’t have so much involved and history and time invested in Thailand  all of this nonsense would make me not bother. The frustration is, it doesn’t need to be like this. These things aren’t difficult to get right.  

8 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I don't know the answer to that mate though I don't think there's a time limit - tbh it sounds like the bugs are getting sorted. The spaces after passport and medical insurance certificate to avoid the API error appears to be fixed and the 2 mb size limit of the jpeg uploads which meant I had to resize every upload (7 of them I believe from memory) also appears to have been increased to 5mb. So for sure someone is looking at it.

But January/February ? I wouldn't be wasting too much time worrying about it just yet. Who knows which list each country will be on by then.

12 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

That's interesting - I've just looked at mine and there's only the date I'm entering. No date on the accompanying email either.

3 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I don't know the answer to that mate though I don't think there's a time limit - tbh it sounds like the bugs are getting sorted. The spaces after passport and medical insurance certificate to avoid the API error appears to be fixed and the 2 mb size limit of the jpeg uploads which meant I had to resize every upload (7 of them I believe from memory) also appears to have been increased to 5mb. So for sure someone is looking at it.

But January/February ? I wouldn't be wasting too much time worrying about it just yet. Who knows which list each country will be on by then.

Sound advice I think mate. Thank god they don’t make software for air traffic control 😱

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

When I applied on 11/1, they denied me automatically right away for “incorrect vaccine type”, likely due to inputting 3rd dose/booster info for pfizer. I reapplied with only two doses info, haven’t been denied yet. 

I don't understand that - there is only room to put in 2 vaccinations, there is no space for entering any boosters? Did you put in booster details where one of the vaccs should have gone ?

Or maybe there is a drop down box for more vaccinations that I didn't see ? If so only enter the minimum, it's asking for trouble to over complicate it imo.

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I don't understand that - there is only room to put in 2 vaccinations, there is no space for entering any boosters? Did you put in booster details where one of the vaccs should have gone ?

Or maybe there is a drop down box for more vaccinations that I didn't see ? If so only enter the minimum, it's asking for trouble to over complicate it imo.

Yes, on the bottom of the vaccine page, there is a button that let you add more. 

• Like 1

The CDC card (USA citizens)  may not be enough. You can get an account with your state dept of health, and complete a request for verification of vaccine. My state did not offer a document with a QR code, but it's on official letterhead signed.

ALSO most pharmacies will provide a verification of vaccine for you. The verif. needs to state all the vax data and your own name and dob etc. Allow time for the State dept of Health to issue your doc- by email. Good luck

• Thanks 1

I had to use jpg or other image formats to upload documents. It was a bit annoying to convert pdf to jpg. Maybe pdf is accepted now.

Also firefox browser works fine now the glitch is fixed.

Thailand pass requires LESS data upload, shorter and faster.

Land of smiles...be patient and all will be well.

It takes a forum on the Thaiger to act like a "Help Desk" for people to get it to work? People want to visit. People are ready to spend money to have a holiday and boost the local economy, but the Thai Government still finds a way to pour treacle all over it!!

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

It takes a forum on the Thaiger to act like a "Help Desk" for people to get it to work? People want to visit. People are ready to spend money to have a holiday and boost the local economy, but the Thai Government still finds a way to pour treacle all over it!!

It’s utterly ridiculous isn’t it. Best way to send the message is simply not bother. The TAT will blame it on restrictions in other countries or people not fully aware of Amazing Thailand being “fully open”😔

• Like 1

Has anyone gotten their Thailand pass QR code after submitting it? How long did it take? I submitted my after finally getting pass the Error message on Nov 1st and submitted it on Nov 2nd, with a system generated email saying they received it.  So just has anyone actually received an approval after getting pass the error message?  Thanks

On 11/2/2021 at 6:49 AM, poohy said:

This is an app designed to enter a country

It simply beggars belief they could allow it to be released like this

what did you expect, they can't even get 90 day online working after 6 years

You folks at Thaiger are doing a fantastic job in keeping everyone up-to-date, plus being able to help when the Thai embassy and helplines are completely clueless.

Quick update from my end.  I followed the Thaiger directions and managed to submit my Thailandpass application showing the SUCCESS screen.  However, I did not receive any acknowledgement emails.  After waiting 3 days, I check back on the Thaiger forum and someone mentioned that hotmail address do not work.

Guess what?  I just re-submitted a new application and I use my gmail address.  Successful submission and within 5 mins got a email response acknowledging my registration.  For those still waiting, I may suggest re-submitting and using a gmail address.

An update on my earlier post in this thread. 

6 days after submitting I got a rejection of my application because they said I did not submit my passport, Covid booking, hotel accommodation and  Insurance policy. I did submit all , in the right format and right filesize. I am a post-grad, IT savvy (I build my own computers) so I did not get this wrong. Still awaiting the wife's application result

You need to read this from the Thaiembassy.
https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/common-problems-in-thailand-pass-application

You need only book hotels that give you a single page booking confirmation, take insurance where there is  a single page that contains everything the Thai government wants to see. Change your email address away from yahoo ,and hotmail, to gmail.

I have an annual global insurance policy of 60 pages which covers me up to £15M for medical expenses due to covid, but I cannot submit all of it via their website.

This is all too late for me to resubmit,  My wife's application still has not been processed after 6 days. I am cancelling  my flight and hotel booking so now looking to go to Mauritius and trying to cut my losses in the  money I have spent so far on my hotel /covid bookings in Phuket. (and covid bookings in UK).

Before someone says I left it too tight to travel , I was in the CoE process in mid-Sept and it was being reviewed at the Thai embassy when I was notified late September to change and apply for Thailand Passport as I was traveling on the 10th November. So over three weeks of trying to fulfil their documentation needs, and getting absolutely nowhere.

I am sorry Phuket I am tired of dancing around their useless glitchy website , with their hidden rules and formats which we can only find out from social media.  They will not let me back in , and they have just lost a high-end tourist couple that loves Thailand, but will probably never visit again.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Disgruntled said:

You need to read this from the Thaiembassy.
https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/common-problems-in-thailand-pass-application

You need only book hotels that give you a single page booking confirmation, take insurance where there is  a single page that contains everything the Thai government wants to see. Change your email address away from yahoo ,and hotmail, to gmail.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your application, and you are very correct that Thai bureaucracy is absolutely horrible with their often incorrect, incomplete information and their glitchy always-too-late updated websites. 

But be aware that you are NOT referring to official Thai Embassy information.  Thaiembassy.com is a commercial website (and they are notorious for incorrect/incomplete information just like their official counterparts).  Imo use of that Thaiembassy.com website-name should be forbidden as it puts many people on the wrong foot that they are accessing an official Thai government website.

And it is indeed absolutely bonkers that people needing official information on how to apply for entering Thailand have to refer to social media websites like the ThaiGer Talk Forum to get the CORRECT information which they cannot get from the official sites. 

Me and my wife applied for the Pass. Both were denied. My wife because they claimed she had no insurance allthough she had one $100,000, next because she only provided one certification having two waccin with Moderna. The answer was she must have separetly certification for each vaccin. After new application with same insurance and a certificate for the first vaccin she was approad after just one day.

I was nenied also because I did not have separate certification for each vaccin. Same insurance as my wife but no complain for me. I have to wait for certification from the authority before I can apply again.

The informations before applications are poor and me and my wife were denied for same and different reasons, we had the same papers. 

The people who check the applications maybee can’t understand English.

11 minutes ago, Kagef said:

Me and my wife applied for the Pass. Both were denied. My wife because they claimed she had no insurance allthough she had one $100,000, next because she only provided one certification having two waccin with Moderna. The answer was she must have separetly certification for each vaccin. After new application with same insurance and a certificate for the first vaccin she was approad after just one day.

I was nenied also because I did not have separate certification for each vaccin. Same insurance as my wife but no complain for me. I have to wait for certification from the authority before I can apply again.

The informations before applications are poor and me and my wife were denied for same and different reasons, we had the same papers. 

The people who check the applications maybee can’t understand English.

That is strange as if you are vaccinated in Thailand, as I was, you get only one certificate of vaccination which is issued after the second shot.

I got only 1 certification with the date of the last vaccination, and number in a series of vaccinations and number of doses 2/2. 

Is it not possible to upload 1 certification 2 times?