News Forum - Thailand Pass workaround for API error

Thaiger

10 minutes ago, Traveler said:

For the 72 hour test requirement, can anyone confirm that is before the first flight if connecting? As in, before departing the origin country?

Results can be slow in the US and 72 hours before the connecting flight to BKK could be cutting it close.

Yes within 72hrs of initial departure.

• Like 1

Is there any way to save what you have input if you are missing something?  I've completed everything except the insurance piece, which I have yet to purchase.

Several off-topic posts and their replies have been removed. The topic of this thread is “Thailand Pass workaround for API error

Members are requested to stay on topic and post only in the English language.

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

For anyone worrying about the confirmation email, I just got mine after 17 hours - hang in there peeps 

Ok now I understand why you needed a translation you are not living in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Make that 4 

Why would anyone outside of Germany need to speak German ? 

Ok i understand you doesn't know a lot about south east asia because in Lao it is much more usefull to be able speak german or french than english especially to deal with people in higher position. They speak fluently German but mostly no english same in Vietnam. It seams a bit ignorant. By the way it was Thai and Lao not only german. I thought you are a bit in languanges.

Thankfully, I don't have to apply for a while yet. Hopefully when I do, this will have been fixed. One thought for people like me who are double vaxxed now, but who will require a booster shot by the time of travel. If you apply now and attach a Vaccination Certificate, showing double vaccination (the last of which was say in September 2020 and would be six months old in March), will you be refused entry as your vaccination status has waned?? Are you better off getting your booster and then apply for the Thai Pass, when your vaccination Certificate will include the information of your booster?? Just thinking forward :)

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Thankfully, I don't have to apply for a while yet. Hopefully when I do, this will have been fixed. One thought for people like me who are double vaxxed now, but who will require a booster shot by the time of travel. If you apply now and attach a Vaccination Certificate, showing double vaccination (the last of which was say in September 2020 and would be six months old in March), will you be refused entry as your vaccination status has waned?? Are you better off getting your booster and then apply for the Thai Pass, when your vaccination Certificate will include the information of your booster?? Just thinking forward :)

They’ll be a completely different system by then so don’t waste your brain worrying about the current farce. 

• Like 2

Hi All, got some good news.  I just managed to successfully submit my application for Travel Pass.  Not sure if the bug has been fixed but I was very careful to use the space key after every response that requires typing rather than select.  I wish everyone smooth sailing.  Cheers, Ed 

Today I did the entire process via Google Chrome but without this additional app. It worked great and simply. Had no problems and didn't have to enter any spaces. I received the confirmation email about 2 minutes after completing the registration.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 11:14 AM, Soidog said:

That could well be one such solution for an API Error, though there are many more. This all feels like a poorly designed application and one where it doesn’t guide the user sufficiently to complete fields in the right way or right format. Drop down Menus are the way to avoid people providing missing or incorrectly formatted data. I haven’t used the website yet as I thought it would already be stress tested as we have seen. 

The problem is made all the worse by poor error messages. For example Error 400 bad request means nothing. An error messages that says:

HTTP request error due to Passport number format incorrect - This is far more helpful to the user than simply HTTP Error: 400 bad request.

It’s what you get when you allow developers to test their own software!!   

They had 3-4 weeks (after announcing it, not after conceptualizing and starting to design it) and they came up with this. Nice.

On 11/1/2021 at 10:13 PM, Traveler said:

For the 72 hour test requirement, can anyone confirm that is before the first flight if connecting? As in, before departing the origin country?

Results can be slow in the US and 72 hours before the connecting flight to BKK could be cutting it close.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm quite sure it's "the first originating flight". Get it 2 days before, you should have a PCR test back within 12 hours these days.

Good question and a good point that u made Leo.  I’m sure it is from the originating country.  After all it’s  where you have spent the last 21 days that decides if u qualify for the test n go.  Anyway, will follow this conversation for further confirmation. 

On 11/2/2021 at 2:17 AM, Jason said:

To be fully vaccinated in September 2020 you must have been one of the guinea pigs used for the early trials??

Do you glow in the dark? Just kidding.

question for Scotiangold: I’m flying to BKK using two different bookings.  The first is from Cyprus to Budapest with Easyjet.  The second with Finnair is Budapest to BKK some 10 hrs later.  Just trying to imagine checking in with Finnair and them asking to see my PCR test before allowing me to board and saying sorry sir, that’s more than 72 hrs ago.  I’m wondering is this could be the nightmare scenario that some of us could face? 

On 11/1/2021 at 10:14 PM, Soidog said:

That could well be one such solution for an API Error, though there are many more. This all feels like a poorly designed application and one where it doesn’t guide the user sufficiently to complete fields in the right way or right format. Drop down Menus are the way to avoid people providing missing or incorrectly formatted data. I haven’t used the website yet as I thought it would already be stress tested as we have seen. 

The problem is made all the worse by poor error messages. For example Error 400 bad request means nothing. An error messages that says:

HTTP request error due to Passport number format incorrect - This is far more helpful to the user than simply HTTP Error: 400 bad request.

It’s what you get when you allow developers to test their own software!!   

I doubt these folks here follow the guidelines of SDLC processes, especially User Acceptance Testing (UAT).

This is what you get when you rush a solution to market without careful evaluation in the Defining, Designing and Building phases then reentrant Unit, Integration and System testing followed by sufficient Alpha and Beta testing before the final stage of user acceptance testing and then going live

Like most software rolled out here, it is in many cases just inferior to the user requirements promoted by the marketers of government intuitions on what the application will do vs on what it actual delivers.     

• Like 1

I am traveling with my 6 year old child. When I submit, I get an error message saying “Children also need insurance” - but there is nowhere in the system where I can I include my child’s insurance information. Anyone experience this?

7 hours ago, Dr.Sivada said:

For anyone from the US, do you guys just use the white CDC vaccine card? Or is there something else better we can use? 

If you got vaccinated at CVS  you can get a printout of record with QR code. Its available from CVS using the online login.

I was reminded by the Kiwi.com that my flight from Cyprus to Hungary is treated as Hungary being my final destination.  I will definitely have to collect my checked in luggage and formally enter Hungary before formally exiting Hungary for BKK. Anyway, I am fortunate that my PCR will still  be within 72 hrs when I checkin for BKK in Budapest but others may not be so lucky.  PCR test results take longer than Antigen so even if you can get it done at the transit airport, it may not be quick enough for your departure flight.  

You really have to stop and think about the utter madness going on here. This isn’t some backwater operation looking to validate some technical parameters for a piece of civil engineering. This is a whole country. A government body trying to establish and run a process to underpin 10%-15% of the countries GDP. A country that had 40 million tourists in 2019 acting like a business start-up. 

This is beyond incompetent, it’s utterly criminal on the impact this is having on Thai people’s businesses and life’s. The new system is no different in its objectives to one that already worked (COE). Scrap this system today and fall back to the COE.

Wouldn’t you just like to run Thailand for a week and sort 90% of this BS out!

BA8FEC9F-B41F-4E4E-B84A-2641C36ECA68.gif