News Forum - Thailand Pass workaround for API error

Thaiger

2 hours ago, dio said:

I tried this work around. now i get a whole different message immediately after the first page. at least without the workaround i got to the last page.  This is a national embarrassment for Thailand.

Here is the error message i get.

header.subject

header.forThai

Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information) .

This suggests a potential time out problem with the connection to the server. This could be due to several things including the capability of the server to respond to multiple requests. It could also be a connection error between you and the server. Whatever it is, it’s clearly flakey and has not been tested to any standards. In other words, it’s a total mess and best left alone for a few days. 

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

I had the same problem. Just ad a space after your passportnumber and it works

Yes this is likely the problem many people are seeing with the API error message. It’s most likely a formatting problem such as a missing space, an unexpected added space etc etc. If they don’t have drop down menus to choose from, then they should have format examples at the side of the fields to be completed. Total joke and totally expected. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, donmartinodellaprivo said:

I've tried submitting 10 times and finally after several hours managed to do it just to receive auto message that my vaccination certificate is not valid! I have one Johnson dose which is clearly enough according to info on the embassy website. Tried asking the embassy by email but no reply. My flight is this Saturday, I've been advised to wait for 1 Nov and apply through Thailand Pass. Same certificate was OK last time I've travelled! What a ridiculous situation. I've paid for flight hotel insurance and covid test and got rejected by the system. Not a clue what to do next... travel somewhere else I guess! 

I feel for you and the frustration this must be causing. At the very least fire off an email to TAT and your embassy informing them of your problems and where you ended up going to instead of Thailand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pipoz said:

No confirmation email so far, but some hope that it may have worked

I have just looked on the facebook group "thailand reopening" do not worry if you did not get email it's normal.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NHMA said:

Using Thaiger instructions, I registered myself (non-Thai) and my wife (Thai).

We are US-based. Did anyone from US actually receive a confirmation email?

I did 1.5 hrs later

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

For all those struggling to get past the dreaded Error from API server message when registering for the Thailand Pass, we’ve got a ‘fix’ for you – just follow these steps: 1. Use Google Chrome You need to be using Google Chrome for this workaround to actually work, and we advise using a laptop/desktop. 2. Download the Allow CORS Chrome Extension Follow this link and it will take you to the download 3. Make sure it’s toggled on and enabled Check HERE to confirm. Add the extension to the bookmarked options and click it, turn it on, so it shows […]

The story Thailand Pass workaround for API error as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

For the love of god Thaiger, update your article to include disabling or removing the extension afterwards.

Leaving it enabled is skipping CORS on all websites.  You've reduced web security for everyone who tried it.

• Like 4

Tried as soon as website opened. Kept giving errors even on the first page. Kept going for a few hours more, looping round and resubmitting the data,  and eventually the method of putting a <space> before my passport number worked and I managed to submit and I had visual confirmation on the webite of success. AS YET NO EMAIL CONFIRMATION. (After 12 hours)

Repeated with the wife's info and only few loops of entering data was required (each time ending 'error from API server) but finally got her data and files submitted with on screen confirmation and her email confirmation came back in about 15 minutes.

So was my submission of my data a success. Do I have to wait for 7 days to determine if it was accepted, without the confirmation email? I do not have time to redo the whole thing after 7 days, before I travel (which is a carryover of a booking made in 2019!)

Also who uses 'pictures' of documents!?  Why don't they accept PDFs which is what the rest of the world is using for exchange of Covid documentation. How do you put a 60 page PDF insurance policy document, as a jpeg!

A lot of stress is cause because I don't know if I will or even if my application is successfully submitted and being reviewed.  Thai government strangely quiet about this Sh*tshow.

• Like 1

It's not a good start, in fact, it's pathetic!

Let's see how they save face with this.

If it keeps on being an embarrassing national process, they might just scrap all this rubbish.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, poohy said:

It simply beggars belief they could allow it to be released like this

Well why is that ? I think many of us living here and those elsewhere are fully aware of the level of incompetence of this administration so surely it would have been more of a surprise  if procedures and apps put it place actually worked without problem. 

After 2.5 hours when it  went live and another 3 hours this morning as well as a few tries by my girlfriend, finally got the "Success" screen as well a confirmation email within seconds this evening!

Praised with a haleluja like all failures, before it even started. Sure thats how Clowns and dumbheads work. The funny thing  is the Clowns not even realize that in the outside world are not only clowns or kids and not dumb like them. They even not realize that many went to proper schools and universities. This shows clearly they are not able of any reflection, selfreflection and never came over a mindset of a little kid. Shocking side is that such people could be in charge to manage a country. It is not wise to let drive a little kid a car with passengers inside.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well why is that ? I think many of us living here and those elsewhere are fully aware of the level of incompetence of this administration so surely it would have been more of a surprise  if procedures and apps put it place actually worked problem.

So do you really think they want to be known as a bunch of incompetent Cluck wits

We know they are but you would think they would be so cross if they thought everyone in the world knew this especially with this face thing

But summing up

A friend of mine now dead lived here for 30 years he loved it and decribed it as a country inhabited and run by people not quite right in the head

Hes pretty much spot on

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

For all those struggling to get past the dreaded Error from API server message when registering for the Thailand Pass, we’ve got a ‘fix’ for you – just follow these steps: 1. Use Google Chrome You need to be using Google Chrome for this workaround to actually work, and we advise using a laptop/desktop. 2. Download the Allow CORS Chrome Extension Follow this link and it will take you to the download 3. Make sure it’s toggled on and enabled Check HERE to confirm. Add the extension to the bookmarked options and click it, turn it on, so it shows […]

The story Thailand Pass workaround for API error as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hi,I’m having difficulty getting through the vaccination page. I have the one dose Janssen vaccine ,it says that with this vaccine I only need to input it one time. When I do and try to proceed the website said I’m required to put in a second does which I didn’t get with the Jansen. Can anyone help? kurtchef@me.com

14 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I am not a native english speaker but I can read and speak in 5 languages and you?! But if are able to think you should understand what I wrote very well even when I sometimes mix the grammar or way to speak of the languanges. By the way how is your Thai or german?! We can switch in another language and I can explain you everything again. May I ask you how many languages you are able to speak and read? 

Make that 4 

Why would anyone outside of Germany need to speak German ? 

For the 72 hour test requirement, can anyone confirm that is before the first flight if connecting? As in, before departing the origin country?

Results can be slow in the US and 72 hours before the connecting flight to BKK could be cutting it close.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, donmartinodellaprivo said:

I've tried submitting 10 times and finally after several hours managed to do it just to receive auto message that my vaccination certificate is not valid! I have one Johnson dose which is clearly enough according to info on the embassy website. Tried asking the embassy by email but no reply. My flight is this Saturday, I've been advised to wait for 1 Nov and apply through Thailand Pass. Same certificate was OK last time I've travelled! What a ridiculous situation. I've paid for flight hotel insurance and covid test and got rejected by the system. Not a clue what to do next... travel somewhere else I guess! 

I spoke to someone at the consular office and they advised to use the same dose a second time w/ a different date, but that they are trying to fix the system.