News Forum - Thailand Pass workaround for API error

Thaiger

Today I got a certificate from my doctor for the first and second vaccination but without the QR. I did send a new application today so now I am waiting for the second time.

Did anyone who submitted with extra spaces in passport number get QR code?

I submitted for myself (non-Thai) and my wife (Thai). Had to add extra spaces to wife's Thai passport number. We both received confirmation emails on 11/02. I received approval email with QR code on 11/07. Nothing for my wife yet.

Thanks.

On 11/7/2021 at 12:36 AM, Disgruntled said:

An update on my earlier post in this thread. 

6 days after submitting I got a rejection of my application because they said I did not submit my passport, Covid booking, hotel accommodation and  Insurance policy. I did submit all , in the right format and right filesize. I am a post-grad, IT savvy (I build my own computers) so I did not get this wrong. Still awaiting the wife's application result

You need to read this from the Thaiembassy.
https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/common-problems-in-thailand-pass-application

You need only book hotels that give you a single page booking confirmation, take insurance where there is  a single page that contains everything the Thai government wants to see. Change your email address away from yahoo ,and hotmail, to gmail.

I have an annual global insurance policy of 60 pages which covers me up to £15M for medical expenses due to covid, but I cannot submit all of it via their website.

This is all too late for me to resubmit,  My wife's application still has not been processed after 6 days. I am cancelling  my flight and hotel booking so now looking to go to Mauritius and trying to cut my losses in the  money I have spent so far on my hotel /covid bookings in Phuket. (and covid bookings in UK).

Before someone says I left it too tight to travel , I was in the CoE process in mid-Sept and it was being reviewed at the Thai embassy when I was notified late September to change and apply for Thailand Passport as I was traveling on the 10th November. So over three weeks of trying to fulfil their documentation needs, and getting absolutely nowhere.

I am sorry Phuket I am tired of dancing around their useless glitchy website , with their hidden rules and formats which we can only find out from social media.  They will not let me back in , and they have just lost a high-end tourist couple that loves Thailand, but will probably never visit again.

Feel sorry for you mate. It’s totally ridiculous. If I was you I’d send an email to a few of the newspapers and tv outlets in the U.K.  I’d also drop a note to the TAT. They are basically taking the piss and causing a lot of people to lose money and waste time. I saw an article today saying Thailand was open. Usually lazy media just spouted the positive news sent to them by the local TAT office. “Thailand now fully open without quarantine” 😂😂

Why don’t they just drop all this automated crap. It’s clearly not a strong point for the Thais. Open your embassies and consulates and let people apply for the pass just as they would a visa. Not like they are facing millions a month applying. At least then you could sort out obvious problems.  The point is, they don’t want many people to go. All smoke and mirrors. 

On 11/1/2021 at 6:05 PM, Dr.Sivada said:

And I’m still scared of buying plane tickets yet for my December trip, who knows what ll happen before then or if I can’t get Thailand pass approval.

just buy a ticket but make sure you buy a ticket you can rebook, for a fee of course.

i bought mine from thai airways directly and i can rebook it f there's any problem :)

1 hour ago, Slacker77 said:

just buy a ticket but make sure you buy a ticket you can rebook, for a fee of course.

i bought mine from thai airways directly and i can rebook it f there's any problem :)

That’s sound advice, though of course some flex or semi-flex tickets are more expensive to purchase and still need extra “admin” costs to change it. To buy Full-flex can be 25% more than a normal ticket. There are plenty of options for flex tickets with the likes of Qatar, Emirates and Etihad for example.

Worth checking on these airlines as some are already starting to close these offers. Emirates for example are about to stop their “free” Covid insurance on November 30th so book soon if you want to use that. Qatar are only offering flexible tickets up until May travel dates next year.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had problems with Chrome even with the CORS extension.. Worked perfectly on BRAVE Browser, which I would have used first if I hadn't read this ;) Application in...