News Forum - Massive buffet for monkeys in Lop Buri set for this month

Thaiger

A holiday is coming up… for monkeys. The annual Monkey Festival in the central province Lop Buri is approaching and a buffet of fruits will be set up for the thousands of crab-eating macaques occupy the grounds of the 13th century temple Pra Prang Sam Yod. The feast is scheduled for November 28, but the monkeys have gotten some treats leading up to the massive buffet. With the a lack of tourists during the pandemic, locals have been making sure the monkeys are well fed. On local, who also helps organise the annual festival, set up tables of fruits for […]

The story Massive buffet for monkeys in Lop Buri set for this month as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

10 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

a buffet of fruits will be set up for the thousands of crab-eating macaques

who will approach the feast walking sideways .. bet they'll go banana's after discovering no crabs on the menu .. 

At first when I saw the headline, I thought they were talking about tourists. I'm sure there will be a relaxation on mask wearing, before the event (for the monkeys...not the tourists). But they must remain seated while gorging themselves and the feasting tables must be 4 square meters apart. And no brawling or the police will intervene with tear gas and rubber bullets....remember last time?