News Forum - Protesters rally in Bangkok, call for lèse majesté law to be abolished

Thaiger

Pro-democracy activists gathered in Bangkok yesterday, demanding an end to Thailand’s strict lèse majesté law. The law, officially section 112 of the Criminal Code, prohibits criticising, defaming, or otherwise insulting the monarchy. The authorities have used the law on numerous occasions to levy charges against anti-government protesters, many of whom are now behind bars. Thai PBS World reports that yesterday’s rally took place in the Bangkok shopping district of Ratchaprasong. Participants included the pro-democracy Ratsadon group, protest movement Talufah, and LGBT groups. They called for the controversial lèse majesté law to be abolished and for their fellow activists to be […]

The story Protesters rally in Bangkok, call for lèse majesté law to be abolished as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Good luck to them. I wonder what targets  have been set  and given to the RTP for the numbers of innocent people to be maimed or worse this time round ?

Well just in time because as of today it is illegal to protest or gather doing activities of the such because of the spread of Covid and it will put Thailand in a bad light when the millions of tourists come flocking in. Tourists don't spread covid!

• Haha 2

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

Well just in time because as of today it is illegal to protest or gather doing activities of the such because of the spread of Covid and it will put Thailand in a bad light when the millions of tourists come flocking in. Tourists don't spread covid!

Let's see how they brush the inevitably soon increasing numbers under the carpet 🤔

• Like 2

Yes how interesting.  We have huge concerts announced but people cannot gather if they wish to advance their democratic rights.  There is a lot more to Covid then simply health issues.  Wake up people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Let's see how they brush the inevitably soon increasing numbers under the carpet 🤔

No testing of Thai folk and the testing of foreigners cannot be publicized as there will be a Hospital and Media gag order?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

The young lady in the house believes Covid restrictions will never totally disappear ! It’s a way of controlling mass protests! Me thinks she has something there!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

The young lady in the house believes Covid restrictions will never totally disappear ! It’s a way of controlling mass protests! Me thinks she has something there!

Seems like what is needed is a world leading hitman nicknamed "Covid". Could solve a lot of problems here.😉

It seems like they want a law repealing because they dont like it. Great, I'd like several laws repealing because I'm not a fan, easy!

12 minutes ago, riclag said:

Not only is this happening in country ,it’s happening all over the world!

Thank you CCP! Not!

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

Not only is this happening in country ,it’s happening all over the world!

Thank you CCP! Not!

The CPC had a hand in the lese majeste laws in Thailand? Bit of a stretch there..............

1 minute ago, poohy said:

Ye gods

Thailand will implode!

Both little P and Richard Barrow out of the country how will we cope

Richard Barrow has gone? Paarrtttayy!!!

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Cool it, he will be back 

Indeed complete With his  tuxedo made specially for party with a special relative

interesting to hear Little P not only flying to a climate change conference but is staying in London and having to fly to Glasgow on both days because all posh hotels booked ( i thought he would have loved a boarding house in Falkirk)

Little P no tuxedo required it seems

4 minutes ago, poohy said:

Indeed complete With his  tuxedo made specially for party with a special relative

interesting to hear Little P not only flying to a climate change conference but is staying in London and having to fly to Glasgow on both days because all posh hotels booked ( i thought he would have loved a boarding house in Falkirk)

Hey. Whats wrong with Falkirk? Lovely wee town with friendly people. Of course it does not have the err cough erm how do I put this, oh yeah, the facilities that many guys enjoy when on their "business" trips. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, poohy said:

P would be out of place at a high class hotel anyway, doubt he would understand what the set of 5 knives/forks + 3 spoons were actually used for, most Elite here don't understand Western standards of dining etiquette. The last time I saw one of those eating they were using the pastry fork as a nose pick, sums them up really.

18 minutes ago, gummy said:

P would be out of place at a high class hotel anyway, doubt he would understand what the set of 5 knives/forks + 3 spoons were actually used for, most Elite here don't understand Western standards of dining etiquette. The last time I saw one of those eating they were using the pastry fork as a nose pick, sums them up really.

Richard B will be dismantling the entrance signs, finding several ambiguities, then having to re-tweet the instructions while whining about his visa application. Insufferable man. 

• Haha 1