Thailand Pass registration

Similar to what others have said, if your application has gone through you should receive an email notification either instantly or within a couple of hours. Any longer and I would strongly advise to re-apply under a different email address. Yes you read that correctly, you can use all the same information as long as your email address is different, it will go through the system as a new application.

For those that do not have their passport numbers/nationality on their covid19 vaccination certs, there will also be a high chance the application will be rejected. Yes I know we don't have that information on the EU/US vaccination certs, but the Thailand Pass people dont give a toss, they've been given a rule book to play by and that's what we need to do too. THIS IS NOT ADVICE USE AT YOUR OWN DISGRESSION A simple edit in MS Paint or photoshop to add in your passport number & nationality onto the certs will pass their system no problem. The alternative is to call & wait on hold at the relevant Thai embassy's for a few hours only for them to incompetently dismiss your query. 

Finally, of all browsers used, most success rate with no API error is Microsoft Edge and adding a single space after your passport number. The reason being the coders used the default text length for that field set to 10 characters as opposed to 9 (International standard for passport numbers; yes they're idiots, we know!), hence nearly 80% of the API errors are related to that one field.

Fellow ThaiThaiger Readers, Good luck, God speed and lets get the F back into our beloved Thailand 😘

Edited by tng333
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, mat said:

yep

it worked

thank you so much, you made my day 😄

(I‘m really wondering how the guy who initially twittered that bugfix could find out?)

He says he used an app/extension called Postman. It runs in the background while you visit a sure, checks for API stuff and can even fix some of it automatically. How he found out about Postman, goodness knows. Obviously a techie 😆

Good news:

1. It works despite the error. I filed a request for myself first, without error. Received confirmation mail after 1 or 2 minutes (confirmation of receival, not approval!), and received the approval about 17 hours later. I also filed a request for my girlfriend, maybe 10 minutes after I filed mine. I got the error. I did NOT receive a confirmation email. But I received the approval for her 4 minutes after I received the approval for me. Because of the error I tried multiple times before I gave up and decided to wait. Guess what: I received multiple approvals.

2. The statement that the Thai's would not accept vaccination certificates without passport numbers on them is NOT true (at least not for our requests). We both have EU standard vaccination certificates with the QR codes on them, plus Name, date and Vaccine manufacturer basically, and no issues at all.

Actually, I am quite surprised about the short processing time. The website is really bad made, but on the other hand, they made it in very short time. I remember the quality of various travel registration pages for European countries at the beginning of the pandemic - their quality was no better ... So my advise for all of you: Just wait 1-2 days, and I believe all your requests with the error on the last page will get answered.

13 minutes ago, MaxAut said:

Good news:

1. It works despite the error. I filed a request for myself first, without error. Received confirmation mail after 1 or 2 minutes (confirmation of receival, not approval!), and received the approval about 17 hours later. I also filed a request for my girlfriend, maybe 10 minutes after I filed mine. I got the error. I did NOT receive a confirmation email. But I received the approval for her 4 minutes after I received the approval for me. Because of the error I tried multiple times before I gave up and decided to wait. Guess what: I received multiple approvals.

2. The statement that the Thai's would not accept vaccination certificates without passport numbers on them is NOT true (at least not for our requests). We both have EU standard vaccination certificates with the QR codes on them, plus Name, date and Vaccine manufacturer basically, and no issues at all.

Actually, I am quite surprised about the short processing time. The website is really bad made, but on the other hand, they made it in very short time. I remember the quality of various travel registration pages for European countries at the beginning of the pandemic - their quality was no better ... So my advise for all of you: Just wait 1-2 days, and I believe all your requests with the error on the last page will get answered.

I agree with you.

I can confirm that you don't need your passport numbers on your vaccination certificate. I got approved and on my vaccination certificate are no passport numbers.

I uploaded for the first an second vaccine the same picture of my yellow vaccination pass and added to each vaccine the EU certificate with the QR code. I think if you have an certificate with a QR code you will get your approval a lot quicker as mentioned in the registration form. 

After I thought I'd solved all problems yesterday I became increasingly uneasy about the absence of an email of any kind acknowledging/granting my application. Zilch. Silencio. So I came back here and saw that this was distinctly bad news.

Just now I re-registered, using a different email address, and got an acknowledgement email within seconds.

I would second the member who said that if you don't get an immediate email acknowledgement, try, try, try again. Tng333, many thanks for the headsup on this one.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they give any priority to those arriving soon.  I submitted yesterday and received email acknowledgement.  Arriving 7 Nov.  No response today.  All docs with QR codes.  GermanGuy said he got approval in just 4 mins, so now I'm worried.

No enquiry / follow-up system.  Anyone have any ideas or advice?  

So yesterday I tried several times with failures and finally succeed to get the confirmation email, and guess what: today I got 3 approvals with 3 different QR codes.

So the assumption that even you get API error your application is still sent is most probably true.

3 hours ago, tng333 said:

Similar to what others have said, if your application has gone through you should receive an email notification either instantly or within a couple of hours. Any longer and I would strongly advise to re-apply under a different email address. Yes you read that correctly, you can use all the same information as long as your email address is different, it will go through the system as a new application.

For those that do not have their passport numbers/nationality on their covid19 vaccination certs, there will also be a high chance the application will be rejected. Yes I know we don't have that information on the EU/US vaccination certs, but the Thailand Pass people dont give a toss, they've been given a rule book to play by and that's what we need to do too. THIS IS NOT ADVICE USE AT YOUR OWN DISGRESSION A simple edit in MS Paint or photoshop to add in your passport number & nationality onto the certs will pass their system no problem. The alternative is to call & wait on hold at the relevant Thai embassy's for a few hours only for them to incompetently dismiss your query. 

Finally, of all browsers used, most success rate with no API error is Microsoft Edge and adding a single space after your passport number. The reason being the coders used the default text length for that field set to 10 characters as opposed to 9 (International standard for passport numbers; yes they're idiots, we know!), hence nearly 80% of the API errors are related to that one field.

Fellow ThaiThaiger Readers, Good luck, God speed and lets get the F back into our beloved Thailand 😘

It took 17 hours to get my email so I think being  a little more patient than that is necessary.

Multiple applications could confuse/annoy the crap out of them, as well as clogging up the system for everyone else 

How is it that some [people get immediate emails and approvals, and others take 17 hours.  It doesn't make a lot of sense.  TIT. 

Soooo frustrating.  They say they want tourists to come back, then make it so hard for us to get there!

I just tried to call theThai Embassy in London.  "You are caller no 46 in the queue, please hold."  I feel sorry for the staff tryin g to handle all the complaints.

1 hour ago, Daft said:

Does anyone know if they give any priority to those arriving soon.  I submitted yesterday and received email acknowledgement.  Arriving 7 Nov.  No response today.  All docs with QR codes.  GermanGuy said he got approval in just 4 mins, so now I'm worried.

No enquiry / follow-up system.  Anyone have any ideas or advice?  

I don't think anyone gets priority. First in first out. I got mine after 4 minutes because I submitted my registration very early. You will get your approval soon

Submitted my application multiple times yesterday, no confirmation email, no re-submitted with different emails and got a confirmation right after submitting. No approval yet though, and my flight is in 3 hours.

Ultra frustrating, as the embassy told me last week not to apply for CoE and to wait for the new system… Calling the embassy they told me they can’t access this system and basically can’t do anything either.

I doubt if it's really first in first out. I got my confirmation before my wife, but she got approval this morning and I haven't got anything yet. The diffrence might be that I failed 15 times before I succeed but she only failed 3

2 hours ago, Daft said:

I just tried to call theThai Embassy in London.  "You are caller no 46 in the queue, please hold."  I feel sorry for the staff tryin g to handle all the complaints.

There is a queue??? Lucky you! The consulate in Frankfurt is just continuously busy on the phone... and this already for weeks!

Oh, update on the processing of our applications:
My wife (Thai), no problems with the application: so far only confirmation email about receiving the application, no Thai pass yet.
My application (German), many problems with the application, many attempts: so far only confirmation mail about receiving the application, still no Thai pass
However, I have uploaded for both of us at the vaccinations in each case the European vaccination certificate (DIN A4) (not a copy of the yellow vaccination book) and again enlarged only the QR code of it. 
Perhaps that makes the difference to the "quickly" confirmed Thai pass applications?

Those who have already received a Thai pass: what did you upload for vaccination documents?

I uploaded yellow vaccination pass and the complete EU vaccination certificate not only the QR code. Like I said I got the Thailand pass in 4 minutes

1 hour ago, spyrowins said:

Submitted my application multiple times yesterday, no confirmation email, no re-submitted with different emails and got a confirmation right after submitting. No approval yet though, and my flight is in 3 hours.

Ultra frustrating, as the embassy told me last week not to apply for CoE and to wait for the new system… Calling the embassy they told me they can’t access this system and basically can’t do anything either.

You expected approval in less than a day ? Why ?

It says everywhere allow 7 days

1 hour ago, Linuyu said:

I doubt if it's really first in first out. I got my confirmation before my wife, but she got approval this morning and I haven't got anything yet. The diffrence might be that I failed 15 times before I succeed but she only failed 3

Or that they're not happy with part of your application and your wife's had no issues - there could be any number of reasons - but yes also multiple applications probably will cause problems for people and you can't blame them for that.

17 minutes ago, Lion said:

Oh, update on the processing of our applications:
My wife (Thai), no problems with the application: so far only confirmation email about receiving the application, no Thai pass yet.
My application (German), many problems with the application, many attempts: so far only confirmation mail about receiving the application, still no Thai pass
However, I have uploaded for both of us at the vaccinations in each case the European vaccination certificate (DIN A4) (not a copy of the yellow vaccination book) and again enlarged only the QR code of it. 
Perhaps that makes the difference to the "quickly" confirmed Thai pass applications?

Those who have already received a Thai pass: what did you upload for vaccination documents?

I uploaded the whole letter showing both vacs but also underneath you can upload both individual QR codes only which I did as well. (though haven't received the pass yet)- I'm fully expecting to get it at the second attempt and fail the first - I think I might get an issue with the opening question where I clicked 'Other' for reason for applying given there was only 'Travel' (tourist), work and a couple of others I can't remember which didn't apply - I'm going back to family and live there which there wasn't an option for. Then when ticking 'Other' I expected a drop down box to explain but nothing came up. So whoever deals with mine will have no clue what 'Other' means and I think could reject it - if they do as long as they clearly explain why it's rejected I'm cool with that and go again.

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Or that they're not happy with part of your application and your wife's had no issues - there could be any number of reasons - but yes also multiple applications probably will cause problems for people and you can't blame them for that.

The funny thing is that me and my wife are using exactly the same type of documents, same type of passport, vaccine paper, insurance paper etc. I guess I will wait another day to see.

Hi, I submitted a wrong document and now I need to submit a new application for Thailand Pass.

Can anyone advise if I can just submit a new one or should wait until the first one gets denied. 

Thank you!

10 hours ago, MaxAut said:

Good news:

I hope you're right. I manage to get my submission through on 1st Nov 10.30pm (GMT+8).. now its 3rd Nov 12.42am (GMT+8) and I have not get any rejection nor approval.

so what's next to be done after we got the approval email? need to print it? any details need to add on?