Jump to content

Thailand Pass registration


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, bennytenson said:

Hey guys,

I applied for the "test and go visa" on 4th of November and didn't get a approval till yesterday so I decided to reapply to the "sandbox visa". 

Here are some things I changed :

- Changed all documents to JPG (even when PNG). 

- Changed from ordinary passport to official passport

- Cropped the vaccine QR code to only the QR code

Here are some of my details

- I'm from The Netherlands

- Using a GMAIL email address 

- Using Chrome browser

- 2x Pfizer shots

- I'm staying in a SHA+ hotel for the whole duration

- I got a 1 page insurance declaration that states that I'm insured for at least $100,000

After I applied I got the approval QR code for the "sandbox" within a few seconds.

Today I decided to apply for the "test and go visa" again to see if I would get approved too and I got the QR code for the "test and go visa" within a few seconds too.

I think if you submit all the right information it will be auto approved right away.

Hope this will help some people. 

Cheers!

I would prefer the "Test & Go" program but i'll go to Phuket. I'm still afraid that i get rejected is i book only one night in SHA+. Some people report that this happened to them.

In which area will you arrive?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Joe007 said:

I would prefer the "Test & Go" program but i'll go to Phuket. I'm still afraid that i get rejected is i book only one night in SHA+. Some people report that this happened to them.

In which area will you arrive?

If i were you and it doesnt get auto approved, i'd try again. 

 

im arriving at patong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I entered all the data, it was accepted and then nothing else. Does anyone know how to check on your status or whether you are even in the system? I had to cancel one trip already and rescheduled for a month out. Waiting for the QR as the days tick by...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2021 at 1:09 PM, JohnT said:

For those still waiting, as of this morning there is a link on the first page of the application site pointing to an email contact. Click on the ref to helpful articles. You must start the email with full name, passport number and date of arrival.

My guess is that this will swiftly be overwhelmed but if your departure is getting tight it might just be worth a shot.

You could take a look at this, but if you haven't quickly received an acknowledgement email you're probably not in the system. Don't use a Hotmail or yahoo email address.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this thread is still live, so please Mr Moderator set me straight if necessary.

Take-outs from having survived the entry process...

1. The airport operation was unbelievably smooth for me -- so much so that I briefly wondered if the pilot had taken a wrong turn and landed me in a different country from the one I was expecting. Only faff was with Immigration. On the T6 My officer was expecting to see both my first-night address and the address where I'd be spending the rest of the trip. She filled it in herself so no biggie but be prepared. (Practice your smallest handwriting...)

2. Your 1-Night Stay... choose wisely. I didn't. I chose mine because it was in a part of BKK I knew well and the price seemed great. Doh! The hotel's own receipt promised a kettle, tea and coffee. Nope. No choice of food: three times a day the familiar plastic bag containing the familiar plastic boxes showed up outside. Nobody bothered to knock and let me know. Fortunately I quite like cold food. All Thai dishes, plenty of fresh fruit; acceptable, but hardly welcoming. The phone offered 2 numbers for Reception/Manager; both were permanently busy. Only way to contact staff was to go downstairs (they issued me with a room key so no danger of being locked out) or phone in on the hotel's website number.

3. Now the only real hassle. I took my PCR test at a private hospital (very efficient) at 7:50 a.m. My negative certificate was entered into the system at 10:31 a.m. same day. The hotel notified me...never. It wasn't until the next day that I ventured out to Reception where I found they'd been sitting on it for hours and hours and hours. The clerk immediately printed it ought for me with embarrassed apologies. So the lesson here is: * SIT ON YOUR HOTEL*.

Fortunately this didn't matter because I'd factored in a likely delay and had made no plans for Bangkok itself. But it was mighty annoying all the same, and I'd recommend everyone to get busy after 4 hours. Better they think you're a pest than keep you a prisoner.

I'm now where I want to be and happy as a pig in the proverbial. My taxi ride cost a bit less than the last time I did it in 2019.

Finally, I can now say from personal observation that, as with Mark Twain, reports of Thailand's death have been greatly exaggerated. If a man can raise a thirst, there are those eager to help him quench it. Don't be put off by the naysayers. (Note: This is in no way to be interpreted as an invitation to break local laws. And I emphasise 'personal observation', not 'personal experience'.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2021 at 11:12 AM, Tjampman said:

My application was just rejected

Because my insurance quality is not good enough and I should make sure it covers 50K USD.

I have the insurance from Emirates which spans 3 pages which says it covers me for 410k €. I made it to jpeg the size of 3 pages.

So I am wondering if they 1. just didn't bother to read it and find the covid coverage; 2. Can't convert € to $; or 3. if they can't read it, because I stitched it together as 3 pages and they cannot zoom in.

Anyone else get approved with the Emirates multi risk insurance?

how could you fix it ?

will use Emirates insurance from Germany too, coverages all in Euros

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, satpete said:

how could you fix it ?

will use Emirates insurance from Germany too, coverages all in Euros

What I did is, I hilighted the text regarding covid insurance, and I did a third application with a photo of only the first and top of second page which have details of name and policy as well a covid insurance.

Both of these applications was accepted.

You do however need to get an actual cover letter, you need to request it from AIG who are the insurar. Did you get this cover letter?

If not you can try to find their email address, or if you are unsure, let me know, I can find it too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2021 at 10:55 AM, JohnT said:

Not sure if this thread is still live, so please Mr Moderator set me straight if necessary.

Take-outs from having survived the entry process...

1. The airport operation was unbelievably smooth for me -- so much so that I briefly wondered if the pilot had taken a wrong turn and landed me in a different country from the one I was expecting. Only faff was with Immigration. On the T6 My officer was expecting to see both my first-night address and the address where I'd be spending the rest of the trip. She filled it in herself so no biggie but be prepared. (Practice your smallest handwriting...)

2. Your 1-Night Stay... choose wisely. I didn't. I chose mine because it was in a part of BKK I knew well and the price seemed great. Doh! The hotel's own receipt promised a kettle, tea and coffee. Nope. No choice of food: three times a day the familiar plastic bag containing the familiar plastic boxes showed up outside. Nobody bothered to knock and let me know. Fortunately I quite like cold food. All Thai dishes, plenty of fresh fruit; acceptable, but hardly welcoming. The phone offered 2 numbers for Reception/Manager; both were permanently busy. Only way to contact staff was to go downstairs (they issued me with a room key so no danger of being locked out) or phone in on the hotel's website number.

3. Now the only real hassle. I took my PCR test at a private hospital (very efficient) at 7:50 a.m. My negative certificate was entered into the system at 10:31 a.m. same day. The hotel notified me...never. It wasn't until the next day that I ventured out to Reception where I found they'd been sitting on it for hours and hours and hours. The clerk immediately printed it ought for me with embarrassed apologies. So the lesson here is: * SIT ON YOUR HOTEL*.

Fortunately this didn't matter because I'd factored in a likely delay and had made no plans for Bangkok itself. But it was mighty annoying all the same, and I'd recommend everyone to get busy after 4 hours. Better they think you're a pest than keep you a prisoner.

I'm now where I want to be and happy as a pig in the proverbial. My taxi ride cost a bit less than the last time I did it in 2019.

Finally, I can now say from personal observation that, as with Mark Twain, reports of Thailand's death have been greatly exaggerated. If a man can raise a thirst, there are those eager to help him quench it. Don't be put off by the naysayers. (Note: This is in no way to be interpreted as an invitation to break local laws. And I emphasise 'personal observation', not 'personal experience'.)

I will say it here as well.

But in Phuket (I don't know about Bangkok) I was able to sign up, to get email notification directly with the test result.

I got the mail, call the reception,  they checked their mail and I could go free.

So if it possible for people arriving to sign up to this, do it!

In Phuket I received a flyer that explained I could sign up for this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tjampman said:

What I did is, I hilighted the text regarding covid insurance, and I did a third application with a photo of only the first and top of second page which have details of name and policy as well a covid insurance.

Both of these applications was accepted.

You do however need to get an actual cover letter, you need to request it from AIG who are the insurar. Did you get this cover letter?

If not you can try to find their email address, or if you are unsure, let me know, I can find it too.

many thanks, just booked for January to visit friends in Pattaya,

I will check for cover letter from AIG, have their big PDF about 31 pages,
but there are email addresses available

so you got a cover letter with your name on it ?

Edited by satpete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tjampman said:

Still Euros

many thanks again, got back PDF policy with 500,000 USD coverage

after 30 minutes of my email to AIG, very fast

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bugs seem too have been ironed out now. I applied using Firefox browser on 23 November and received approval on the 24th. The only slight hiccup that I had was that when I saved my insurance certificate in jpg format using acrobat it produced a file size over 5mb which was rejected as over size. Easily resolved by taking a screenshot using Win 10 snipping tool. No complaints! I uploaded the QR codes from Mor Prom app digital health pass. I am not even traveling back to Thailand until 7th  January leaving on 22nd December to spend Xmas/NY in UK so I am happy to have everything sorted out well before my travel😄

Edited by Stevejm
Update
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 6:10 AM, AussieBob said:

 

1. Thailand bureaucracy is disorganised and has extremely poor IT skills ....

 

That's a bit harsh. Massive rollouts in the US of ObamaCare Insurance met with similar failures (not api but load and timeouts). 

IT is still an evolving profession - a canary rollout of a small test group would have been advisable but lots of "real companies" with big names don't use optimal change practices either.

Do a search of massive Tech company outages and mistakes during rollouts or upgrades or maintenance are usually in some of them. And these are supposed to be the "best" in the industry. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Vince said:

That's a bit harsh. Massive rollouts in the US of ObamaCare Insurance met with similar failures (not api but load and timeouts). 

IT is still an evolving profession - a canary rollout of a small test group would have been advisable but lots of "real companies" with big names don't use optimal change practices either.

Do a search of massive Tech company outages and mistakes during rollouts or upgrades or maintenance are usually in some of them. And these are supposed to be the "best" in the industry. 

I worked in IT for over 30 years - Thailand is 'immature' at best in its implementations of IT across most sectors of industry.  PS - stop defending Thailand from any criticisms - dont be so touchy mate. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AussieBob said:

I worked in IT for over 30 years - Thailand is 'immature' at best in its implementations of IT across most sectors of industry.  PS - stop defending Thailand from any criticisms - dont be so touchy mate. 

This topic is about Thailand Pass Registration, but I'm glad to argue IT "best practices" with you in .." all other discussions"? 

I can even discuss my defense of Thailand if you like :-)

See you there ------------>>>>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Vince said:

This topic is about Thailand Pass Registration, but I'm glad to argue IT "best practices" with you in .." all other discussions"? 

I can even discuss my defense of Thailand if you like :-)

See you there ------------>>>>

Found something in another thread - perfect for you Vince:

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Found something in another thread - perfect for you Vince:

This topic is about "Thailand Pass registration" but I'm happy to chat over in All Other Discussions ;-) 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Vince said:

This topic is about "Thailand Pass registration" but I'm happy to chat over in All Other Discussions ;-) 

Wannabe a Mod?  Why dont you apply by sending a note to the existing Mods. LOL.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Wannabe a Mod?  Why dont you apply by sending a note to the existing Mods. LOL.

?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vince said:

This topic is about Thailand Pass Registration, but I'm glad to argue IT "best practices" with you in .." all other discussions"? 

I can even discuss my defense of Thailand if you like :-)

See you there ------------>>>>

Deflection and avoidance means - lost argument.

But willing to argue 'in another location' means - lost argument.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AussieBob said:

Deflection and avoidance means - lost argument.

But willing to argue 'in another location' means - lost argument.

-------->>>>> 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use