Thailand Pass registration

9 hours ago, Ja38 said:

HOW TO GET QR CODE STRAIGHT AWAY. 

I have been trying non stop to apply for Thailand pass since the 1st of November with no avail. After the countless api error messages i managed to get the success notification and confirmation of application emails for my husband and I but thats it, no QR code. As we are travelling from Greece on November the 11th and need 2 days to get to Athens airport, we where cutting a fine line. I read today that if you have a European vaccination certificate ( which is one certificate with one bar code and only the date of the last vaccination) then here's what you need to do. 

1.in box for first vaccination add brand of vax, then date of first vax,upload vax certificate  and add barcode below. 

2. In second vaccination box, add brand of vax again, the date of second dose, then upload the same vaccination certificate and barcode you added in the first box. 

I tried this and presto!! Got both our QR codes straight away. I used my gmail email and my husband used his yahoo email if that accounts for anything. The site has been fixed now so add your passport and insurance numbers as normal without the spaces after. 

Thailand really need to have a better structure and guide, a hotline at least to help people with this pass if they want tourism . It is a stressful mess. I hope this helps. Good luck. 

OMG!! THIS TOTALLY WORKED FOR ME!!! IT ISSUED MY QR CODE IN LITERALLY 20 SECONDS...So it seems the Thailand Pass was "meant" to be automated. For all EU Covid travellers, please follow JA38's step by step. Good luck all and see you in LOS!! thank you so bloody much mate...I've been stressing over this for the last 5 days!! Buy you a beer in BKK if you're around <3 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Completed the process received a green check mark but I did not receive a confirmation email (been several hours). Should I go through the process again or just wait?

On 11/5/2021 at 2:35 AM, Tjampman said:

This is from the official FAQ

2. Does my insurance have to be a COVID-19 insurance in order to register with Thailand Pass?

- No. You can also use general insurance or health insurance with a minimum coverage of 50,000 USD.

So that seems pretty open to interpretation. From what I have heard and counting on is that the insurance don't need to be Thai based.

So I would say get a insurance from your own country (it can usually be canceled within 2 weeks anyway) or fly with emerates they will give you insurance if you buy ticket from them.

That is the one I used for my application, though I still haven't got approved yet, mind you.

I have been informed that the Emirates Insurance stops as soon as your flight arrives in Thailand, but for Immigration it must cover the whole length of your proposed stay, i.e until say your next Extension.

However in the FAQs on Emirate's site, it does say that the Insurance will cover any onward journey, by air, car, bus or train, until you arrive at your destination. Very confusing.

Edited by WilliamG

7 hours ago, tng333 said:

OMG!! THIS TOTALLY WORKED FOR ME!!! IT ISSUED MY QR CODE IN LITERALLY 20 SECONDS...So it seems the Thailand Pass was "meant" to be automated. For all EU Covid travellers, please follow JA38's step by step. Good luck all and see you in LOS!! thank you so bloody much mate...I've been stressing over this for the last 5 days!! Buy you a beer in BKK if you're around <3 

Hahaha your welcome!! I felt the exact same way!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, anamx5 said:

Tried this, even with different Email-accounts (*.de/*.com), nothing worked at all. My flight departs at 10th of November. Meanwhile I'm hopeless. My assumption(!): Depending of country of passport holder they filter, but no idea which criteria. Anyone here whos got a confirmation code not immediately but some days later?

Sorry to hear, to be honest i dont think it has to do with the email, I definately think it has to do with the way things are uploaded and the barcodes. Im guessing it gets sent to an automated process first and if it doesnt pass that then it gets in line to get manually checked. Try again! Goodluck! 

I applied on the 2nd November, still waiting, flying in on the 19th, so I have time on my hands

Google Chrome on a mac.... no issues.

Thai insurance front page.

Double vaccinated, British but arriving from Iraq with Iraq government vaccination cards and QR code.

7 days Sandbox, paid in full, some hotels cancelled if you went with Booking.com. As it didn't take into consideration the PCR and transport costs.

Emailed the support and TP PASS accounts, no response, tried line account...no response.

No confidence that the system will work properly.

Bring back COE, it took less than 36 hrs for all three of ASQ visits, why did they change to a centralized Bangkok process? 

If they don't approve with a week to fly I will cancel the whole thing.

28 minutes ago, Tjampman said:

From your other post you say you are traveling from thailand to Dubai and back to Thailand.

So the Emirates insurance only covers you in Dubai. Not when you return to Thailand.

Read their FAQs again, the one I quoted. It covers RETURN flights up to 365 days in advance, which finish when your flight ends OR with extra journey, as I quoted.

Offer ends on 30th Nov.

Edited by WilliamG

1 hour ago, Pete424 said:

I applied on the 2nd November, still waiting, flying in on the 19th, so I have time on my hands

Google Chrome on a mac.... no issues.

Thai insurance front page.

Double vaccinated, British but arriving from Iraq with Iraq government vaccination cards and QR code.

7 days Sandbox, paid in full, some hotels cancelled if you went with Booking.com. As it didn't take into consideration the PCR and transport costs.

Emailed the support and TP PASS accounts, no response, tried line account...no response.

No confidence that the system will work properly.

Bring back COE, it took less than 36 hrs for all three of ASQ visits, why did they change to a centralized Bangkok process? 

If they don't approve with a week to fly I will cancel the whole thing.

Did you apply for exemption or sandbox? I would recommend to try both.

So on day 6 things start to happen. I just got 1 reject and 1 approval on the registration I made day 1. If I'm not totally wrong on the guessing I will soon get a few more when it's getting closer to day 7.

If it's rejected they tell you why and ask you to make a new registration. But if it takes 6 days to get it rejected, then if a new registration takes 6 more days to get back and you don't know if it will pass, this will be a big trouble for many people.

• Like 1

I'm still not sure how to book the sha+ hotel. There are many offers on websites like "agoda" for sha+ hotel but there a no information's about the transfer from airport to hotel or the pcr test.

I wonder if i can just book one of these hotels and they'll send me the needed information's for the Thailand pass.

It would be nice if somebody can me out here. 

I booked through Agoda using their Quarantine filter. The receipt clearly states what's included, such as airport pickup etc. Only problem is that you need to find a way to squeeze both pages onto 1 jpg. Doable but fiddly.

Disclaimer : I haven't got approval yet. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JohnT said:

I booked through Agoda using their Quarantine filter. The receipt clearly states what's included, such as airport pickup etc. Only problem is that you need to find a way to squeeze both pages onto 1 jpg. Doable but fiddly.

Disclaimer : I haven't got approval yet. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your replay. 

There are no search results when i use Quarantine filter 😕

So I just got approved finally, I think the most important parts were the QR code in the second box (depending where you were vax) and jpeg uploads, I converted everything in that format and it worked. Funny as one of my applications was refused on my insurance even though it clearly states I'm covered for up to 2,000,000.  It seemed that they were very active today (saturday) perhaps clearing the backlog as I assume the 60,000 applications were made by 10-20,000 people. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Go to this site :

https://thaiest.com/blog/bangkok-sha-plus-hotels

Choose Hotel, click through and you should see the filtered Agoda list of hotels including the one you clicked through.

Hope this helps.

I not really get it. Sure if checked the site that you linked but there are mainly hotels in Bangkok and i didn't found the way to agoda through that.

Btw. my destination is Phuket (not Bangkok) and I'm from germany so if i understand correctly i only have to stay one night in the hotel and wait for the negativ result. 

Is this correct?

They are offering hotels in many places, including Phuket. I think there is a drop down box. Before posting to you I revisited the site and saw the list of places. Keep searching! Have you tried googling SHA+ hotels in Phuket?

I believe your 2nd para is correct but one person has reported having to wait 27 hours in his hotel before getting his results. This is Thailand, remember. Others however are getting results in 5 hours. We should all try to be patient .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

They are offering hotels in many places, including Phuket. I think there is a drop down box. Before posting to you I revisited the site and saw the list of places. Keep searching! Have you tried googling SHA+ hotels in Phuket?

I believe your 2nd para is correct but one person has reported having to wait 27 hours in his hotel before getting his results. This is Thailand, remember. Others however are getting results in 5 hours. We should all try to be patient .

Sure i found the SHA+ category on agoda but i thought that i have to choose a special hotel (like AQ).

In case of the SHA+ hotel i'm confused because they didn't write anything about included test or transfer from airport.

On the other hand offers starts from 20€ per night and i cant imagine that test and transfer will be included in this package.

41 minutes ago, Joe007 said:

Sure i found the SHA+ category on agoda but i thought that i have to choose a special hotel (like AQ).

In case of the SHA+ hotel i'm confused because they didn't write anything about included test or transfer from airport.

On the other hand offers starts from 20€ per night and i cant imagine that test and transfer will be included in this package.

For SHA+ hotels in Phuket they don't include PCR test, you will need to book at https://www.thailandpsas.com/

The transfer might not be included either, I have booked mine through the hotel which I will pay 2000 baht for.

8 minutes ago, Joe007 said:

Thanks for this information. 

I also found some more informations on https://asq.in.th/thailand-test-and-go website. 

Here in the green box they write expressly "one night at SHA+"

@Linuyu you also booked only one night at a SHA+ hotel in Phuket?

image.thumb.png.c6ca27921a411a47b25d83afbca85ff2.png

I was preparing for sandbox and I booked SHA+ for 30 days. There are plenty of SHA+ hotels in Phuket with good rating and price so I don't see any reason to not stay at SHA+. If you plan to move around sure, but my plan is just relax at same spot.

• Like 1

Hello,

Has anyone who is travelling on Sandbox scheme got accepted for Thailand Pass and how long did it take? For booking confirmation, does anyone know if you need to upload Shaba certificate or just confirmation from whatever site you booked hotel on? I also read that it's best to upload confirmation of Pcr test booking with hotel confirmation,  has anyone done it and got approved?

13 hours ago, Joe007 said:

I'm still not sure how to book the sha+ hotel. There are many offers on websites like "agoda" for sha+ hotel but there a no information's about the transfer from airport to hotel or the pcr test.

I wonder if i can just book one of these hotels and they'll send me the needed information's for the Thailand pass.

It would be nice if somebody can me out here. 

I had the same issue, I booked 7 days on Agoda at the Berkley hotel and a top up for their 1 day package sandbox package which includes the per, transfer etc. I was in contact with the hotel and they put the Agoda booking on the official form you can upload as confirmation. I took a screen shot of that one beside the Agoda confirmation, converted in to jpeg and it worked I got my approval. Bit of faff but to get approval its worth it, plus with Agoda you can still cancel the 6-7 nights you book unlike if you book the whole package with the hotel

• Like 1