Thailand Pass registration

3 hours ago, dejav0o said:

If you dig into the error (open inspection in a browser) to see the real server message coming back, it has to do with CORS (cross origin resource sharing).  In simple terms, it's a browser block to prevent website1.com from making a call for something on website2.com.  It's done to protect the user, which means it's terrible programming on the Thailand Pass website.   Changing browsers won't work, since this blocking is done by most modern browsers.

There is an extension which allows you to disable the browser block, BUT if you hit the API error already (which I assume most people looking at this thread has done), you will then run into the issue where the site will report that you've already submitted your passport number. 

So in conclusion, the site did submit some information which is being stored on their systems.  Where that information went, and what's the state of our application, is the real question.

I checked it right now with "CORS Changer" add in in place, but like you said it ends up in another error about the already used passport number...

If anyone hasn't even tried entering their data yet, it would be interesting if they gave it a try and gave some brief feedback. Edge with CORS Changer worked fine for me apart from that.

And many thanks that you have found out and explained here...

Almost forgot to mention: the application for my wife without insurance documents (and without CORS Changer) went through smoothly and without errors

Edited by Lion
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Adrian said:

Same here, Error from API server at the very last step when hitting submit. 

Ditto - what a ballache - hands up all those that just knew this would happen !

and of course it happens right at the end after I'd spent at least half an hour resizing all the .jpg as they were over 2mb from an iphone !

• Like 1

Surely TAT are scratching their heads wondering why the f*** no-one is applying to come to Thailand ???

Where are all the applications  ?  Surely right ? 😄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luap said:

I installed and changed my Browser to Firefox.. And it worked for me.. Surprise.. Surprise. 

So your application has been submitted ?

Can you show the confirmation you got ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dejav0o said:

So in conclusion, the site did submit some information which is being stored on their systems.  Where that information went, and what's the state of our application, is the real question.

I think this is right as the uploaded photos have gone after hitting submit and immediately prior to getting the error message - so great they are now going to have multiple applications from everyone.

How the f*** can this stuff not get tested ???

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luap said:

I installed and changed my Browser to Firefox.. And it worked for me.. Surprise.. Surprise. 

After several attempts with Edge and Chrome with and without CORS Changer, I now tried it also with Firefox with installed and activated "CORS Everywhere" Add on. At the end also there comes "passport number has already been used". So the servers are definitely aware of my previous attempts. Unfortunately, however, the confirmation mail regarding successful submission does not come.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Unless you are in a critical hurry to get to Thailand, why would anyone try and register on a new system (in Thailand!) on day 1 ??

It takes up to 7 days - but from the error it doesn't matter if you apply today or next year, no-one is getting past that error.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lion said:

After several attempts with Edge and Chrome with and without CORS Changer, I now tried it also with Firefox with installed and activated "CORS Everywhere" Add on. At the end also there comes "passport number has already been used". So the servers are definitely aware of my previous attempts. Unfortunately, however, the confirmation mail regarding successful submission does not come.

Amazing - so now everyone can wait for 7 days to see if they get nothing - hang on we can just call the helpline right ? .......... 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

Amazing - so now everyone can wait for 7 days to see if they get nothing - hang on we can just call the helpline right ? .......... 🤣

But somehow we all knew that this is exactly what was going to happen, didn't we???

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Unless you are in a critical hurry to get to Thailand, why would anyone try and register on a new system (in Thailand!) on day 1 ??

Interesting question? Maybe lots of 'tyre kickers?'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Lion said:

I checked it right now with "CORS Changer" add in in place, but like you said it ends up in another error about the already used passport number...

If anyone hasn't even tried entering their data yet, it would be interesting if they gave it a try and gave some brief feedback. Edge with CORS Changer worked fine for me apart from that.

And many thanks that you have found out and explained here...

Almost forgot to mention: the application for my wife without insurance documents (and without CORS Changer) went through smoothly and without errors

I can also confirm that submitting the Thai Pass application for my gma, a Thai national (no insurance page), is without problems. 

Still no luck for non-Thai nationals who need to submit insurance. That seems to be the page with the API error.

I have been waiting for COE approval for a few days now and I have a flight in less than 24 hours. I fear that COE approval will never come because it's after Nov. 1st

Stressssssss.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Ditto - what a ballache - hands up all those that just knew this would happen !

and of course it happens right at the end after I'd spent at least half an hour resizing all the .jpg as they were over 2mb from an iphone !

I actually submitted for COE just at the time Thailand Pass was announced to happen on 1 Nov. And all websites say that embassies can continue to review COE applications but the embassy confidently told me they will reject my application because the new system is coming in a few days … looks like I won’t be flying this weekend!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Adrian said:

The Thai embassy in Singapore replied to me saying they are aware and teams in Thailand are trying to fix it to try again tomorrow. 🤣

At least that's something - ask them if they fancy transferring to the London Embasssy 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After numerous unsuccessful attempts I found a post on Twitter which enabled me to complete the process. Disclaimer: All I'm saying is that this worked for me; it may or may not work for you.

1. Add a space after your passport number.

2. Add a space after the number of your Insurance Certificate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JohnT said:

After numerous unsuccessful attempts I found a post on Twitter which enabled me to complete the process. Disclaimer: All I'm saying is that this worked for me; it may or may not work for you.

Jesus Christ that's worked !!!!!!!

You are a genius !

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Wow..this worked.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Jesus Christ that's worked !!!!!!!

You are a genius !

Nice of you to say so but not me! Borrowed from Twitter, as I say...but I hope lots of people will test drive this. The more the merrier.

One thing: Of course, it's too early for me to have had the promised email. It ain't done til it's done.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 5:16 PM, JohnT said:

<personal email address removed>

Edited by Faz
personal information removed.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Nice of you to say so but not me! Borrowed from Twitter, as I say...but I hope lots of people will test drive this. The more the merrier.

One thing: Of course, it's too early for me to have had the promised email. It ain't done til it's done.

Agreed - but you are an early contender for Opening Post of the Year ! 

Yep no email but they did say up to 7 days - one small step at a time 

I'm now going to go about my day wondering how the f*** someone knew that was the issue ! 😄

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Great, worked for me too. Since I already had a few more attempts with activated CORS Changer I had to add two spaces to my passport number at the end. I also almost directly received a confirmation email about the entry of my registration. Let's see how this goes on....

• Like 1

I still get errors: Api error, Too many tries last hour, Passport number already exist. 

Tried with blank, without blank, with # or - or ] at the end or before the passport number and/or the insurance number

Tried with VPN, without VPN

Tried with 5 different browsers

And there is still no information on the startpage while time is running short

• Like 1

And somehow, TAT expects 600,000 to make it through the gauntlet of API errors, fake J&J dose, browser wars, and passport number finagling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2