Thailand Pass registration

2 hours ago, Tjampman said:

Still Euros

many thanks again, got back PDF policy with 500,000 USD coverage

after 30 minutes of my email to AIG, very fast

• Cool 1

Bugs seem too have been ironed out now. I applied using Firefox browser on 23 November and received approval on the 24th. The only slight hiccup that I had was that when I saved my insurance certificate in jpg format using acrobat it produced a file size over 5mb which was rejected as over size. Easily resolved by taking a screenshot using Win 10 snipping tool. No complaints! I uploaded the QR codes from Mor Prom app digital health pass. I am not even traveling back to Thailand until 7th  January leaving on 22nd December to spend Xmas/NY in UK so I am happy to have everything sorted out well before my travel😄

Edited by Stevejm
Update
  • Cool 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 6:10 AM, AussieBob said:

1. Thailand bureaucracy is disorganised and has extremely poor IT skills ....

That's a bit harsh. Massive rollouts in the US of ObamaCare Insurance met with similar failures (not api but load and timeouts). 

IT is still an evolving profession - a canary rollout of a small test group would have been advisable but lots of "real companies" with big names don't use optimal change practices either.

Do a search of massive Tech company outages and mistakes during rollouts or upgrades or maintenance are usually in some of them. And these are supposed to be the "best" in the industry. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vince said:

That's a bit harsh. Massive rollouts in the US of ObamaCare Insurance met with similar failures (not api but load and timeouts). 

IT is still an evolving profession - a canary rollout of a small test group would have been advisable but lots of "real companies" with big names don't use optimal change practices either.

Do a search of massive Tech company outages and mistakes during rollouts or upgrades or maintenance are usually in some of them. And these are supposed to be the "best" in the industry. 

I worked in IT for over 30 years - Thailand is 'immature' at best in its implementations of IT across most sectors of industry.  PS - stop defending Thailand from any criticisms - dont be so touchy mate. 

Just now, AussieBob said:

I worked in IT for over 30 years - Thailand is 'immature' at best in its implementations of IT across most sectors of industry.  PS - stop defending Thailand from any criticisms - dont be so touchy mate. 

This topic is about Thailand Pass Registration, but I'm glad to argue IT "best practices" with you in .." all other discussions"? 

I can even discuss my defense of Thailand if you like :-)

See you there ------------>>>>

12 minutes ago, Vince said:

This topic is about Thailand Pass Registration, but I'm glad to argue IT "best practices" with you in .." all other discussions"? 

Found something in another thread - perfect for you Vince:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Found something in another thread - perfect for you Vince:

This topic is about "Thailand Pass registration" but I'm happy to chat over in All Other Discussions ;-) 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Vince said:

This topic is about "Thailand Pass registration" but I'm happy to chat over in All Other Discussions ;-) 

Wannabe a Mod?  Why dont you apply by sending a note to the existing Mods. LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vince said:

Deflection and avoidance means - lost argument.

But willing to argue 'in another location' means - lost argument.

Just now, AussieBob said:

-------->>>>> 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

I thought you didn’t understand what mod meant 😄

Me too.  But the issue is actually something else me thinks - nudge nudge wink wink - say no more.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I don’t think you have won! This topic was started in the beginning of November when Thailand Pass first went live and all I can say is that by the time I used it at the end of November  it worked perfectly. 😄. Would you describe UK IT as being mature? They spent £23b+ on what was supposed to be a world leading track and trace system that was so bad that a year after implementation I know people there who were put in mandatory isolation because they happened to have a meeting in a room next a room where someone tested positive. It’s not a perfect world obviously.

Edited by Stevejm
Update
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Me too.  But the issue is actually something else me thinks - nudge nudge wink wink - say no more.

I don’t understand but anyway say no more 😁. End of discussion…Hopefully

• Like 2