Thailand Pass registration

5 hours ago, danpeter said:

I had the same issue, I booked 7 days on Agoda at the Berkley hotel and a top up for their 1 day package sandbox package which includes the per, transfer etc. I was in contact with the hotel and they put the Agoda booking on the official form you can upload as confirmation. I took a screen shot of that one beside the Agoda confirmation, converted in to jpeg and it worked I got my approval. Bit of faff but to get approval its worth it, plus with Agoda you can still cancel the 6-7 nights you book unlike if you book the whole package with the hotel

How did you book the "1 day package sandbox package which includes the per, transfer etc."?

For those still waiting, as of this morning there is a link on the first page of the application site pointing to an email contact. Click on the ref to helpful articles. You must start the email with full name, passport number and date of arrival.

My guess is that this will swiftly be overwhelmed but if your departure is getting tight it might just be worth a shot.

2 hours ago, Joe007 said:

How did you book the "1 day package sandbox package which includes the per, transfer etc."?

on the hotel website, under promotions I think

• Thanks 1

We were just rejected yesterday, because of a missing pre-booked pcr-test - crazy.

We meet all requirements, spent almost 3800 EUR, just a 50 Euro PCR-Test missing.

After a nightmare journey through bureaucracy, I don't understand this.

I thought Thailand is desperately looking for tourists?

Thailand pass experience.pdf

Edited by Thomas_H

5 hours ago, JohnT said:

For those still waiting, as of this morning there is a link on the first page of the application site pointing to an email contact. Click on the ref to helpful articles. You must start the email with full name, passport number and date of arrival.

My guess is that this will swiftly be overwhelmed but if your departure is getting tight it might just be worth a shot.

Thanks! Just tried the number to call.

After a Thai-intro a voice says: "For english press 9". At least I understand 9.

But even then they continue in Thai. After ~2 minutes they drop the line. Any ideas? Thanks, Thomas

So one of the latest support articles now explains that only those with vaccine certificates from an EU member state or Singapore can have their QR codes auto approved. The rest of us have to wait for manual approval.

Another reason to be pissed off with the brexit brigade.

https://medium.com/thailand-pass/vaccine-certificates-from-which-countries-can-be-auto-approved-f05c11c11f05

Edited by mrengthai

6 minutes ago, mrengthai said:

So one of the latest support articles now explains that only those with vaccine certificates from an EU member state or Singapore can have their QR codes auto approved. The rest of us have to wait for manual approval.

Another reason to be pissed off with the brexit brigade.

https://medium.com/thailand-pass/vaccine-certificates-from-which-countries-can-be-auto-approved-f05c11c11f05

Eyes open during birth! Choose your country carefully. ;-)

However, in case this calms you down: Even with EU-QR-code in several attempts (Emailadresses, QR-codes etc.) there is no autoapproval for me. Now hoping for the hotline/Emailsupport. 2 days left. :-(

10 hours ago, anamx5 said:

Since my flight depart on November 10th, of course I tried both.;-)

So, little hint for the hotline:

After pressing "9" they continue speaking in Thai.

Then, after a couple of seconds, press "0". You will end in a waiting line with music playing and some Thai words all 30 seconds. Just hang on.

After ~20minutes I was able to talk with a human (in english :-) ) , picking up my name, my passport number and the emailadress and promised to forward the data to the team. Whatever this means.

So I only have 1 day left, hopt this finally works.

Update...

Acknowledgment email: Monday 2nd November, 7:10 am.

Approval: Monday 9th November, 3:06 am.

Gold star to Thailand then.

A 2-page Agoda receipt for a cancellable booking does work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, anamx5 said:

So, little hint for the hotline:

After pressing "9" they continue speaking in Thai.

Then, after a couple of seconds, press "0". You will end in a waiting line with music playing and some Thai words all 30 seconds. Just hang on.

After ~20minutes I was able to talk with a human (in english :-) ) , picking up my name, my passport number and the emailadress and promised to forward the data to the team. Whatever this means.

So I only have 1 day left, hopt this finally works.

Just got the approval. :-)

But no idea what finally worked:

Regular application / Email-support / Telephone support.

I vote that they never read it or didn't understand it.  I got the exact same thing this morning.  I'm in the USA with a US policy.  It clearly says cover for 100K and beyond.  If my math is correct, that's way more than 50K.  Maybe they thought it was baht...on a US policy?  So annoying.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:20 AM, Thomas_H said:

We were just rejected yesterday, because of a missing pre-booked pcr-test - crazy.

We meet all requirements, spent almost 3800 EUR, just a 50 Euro PCR-Test missing.

After a nightmare journey through bureaucracy, I don't understand this.

I thought Thailand is desperately looking for tourists?

Thailand pass experience.pdf 641.11 kB · 7 downloads

oh man this is a nightmare story. I read your story. 

did you get your money back? or all gone?

6 hours ago, Gmac said:

I'm unable to get past the confirmation page to even apply! Red Strike Circle when I hit Confirm.

Tried Chrome, MS Edge,. Same error. 

Any ideas?

What email address are you using? Hotmail and Yahoo don't work yet.

Hey guys,

I applied for the "test and go visa" on 4th of November and didn't get a approval till yesterday so I decided to reapply to the "sandbox visa". 

Here are some things I changed :

- Changed all documents to JPG (even when PNG). 

- Changed from ordinary passport to official passport

- Cropped the vaccine QR code to only the QR code

Here are some of my details

- I'm from The Netherlands

- Using a GMAIL email address 

- Using Chrome browser

- 2x Pfizer shots

- I'm staying in a SHA+ hotel for the whole duration

- I got a 1 page insurance declaration that states that I'm insured for at least $100,000

After I applied I got the approval QR code for the "sandbox" within a few seconds.

Today I decided to apply for the "test and go visa" again to see if I would get approved too and I got the QR code for the "test and go visa" within a few seconds too.

I think if you submit all the right information it will be auto approved right away.

Hope this will help some people. 

Cheers!

Edited by bennytenson

I fly tomorrow and I received 4 Test & Go approvals today (9 Nov).  I have been applying since 1 Nov.  Someone contacted the support people the previous day on my behalf.  They indicated that I had 7 applications which is funny because I must have sent nearly 30.  Obviously many of them got lost somewhere.  The issues seem to be which the Test & Go option.  The others seem to work fine.  You would think they all would work the same as they are processed by the same system but not so.  I'm sure it's 100% automated unless it requires review.  I believe the rejections are coming from the system because it either does not see something or does not recognize something.

3 hours ago, bennytenson said:

Hey guys,

I applied for the "test and go visa" on 4th of November and didn't get a approval till yesterday so I decided to reapply to the "sandbox visa". 

Here are some things I changed :

- Changed all documents to JPG (even when PNG). 

- Changed from ordinary passport to official passport

- Cropped the vaccine QR code to only the QR code

Here are some of my details

- I'm from The Netherlands

- Using a GMAIL email address 

- Using Chrome browser

- 2x Pfizer shots

- I'm staying in a SHA+ hotel for the whole duration

- I got a 1 page insurance declaration that states that I'm insured for at least $100,000

After I applied I got the approval QR code for the "sandbox" within a few seconds.

Today I decided to apply for the "test and go visa" again to see if I would get approved too and I got the QR code for the "test and go visa" within a few seconds too.

I think if you submit all the right information it will be auto approved right away.

Hope this will help some people. 

Cheers!

I would prefer the "Test & Go" program but i'll go to Phuket. I'm still afraid that i get rejected is i book only one night in SHA+. Some people report that this happened to them.

In which area will you arrive?

19 hours ago, Joe007 said:

I would prefer the "Test & Go" program but i'll go to Phuket. I'm still afraid that i get rejected is i book only one night in SHA+. Some people report that this happened to them.

In which area will you arrive?

If i were you and it doesnt get auto approved, i'd try again. 

im arriving at patong.

I entered all the data, it was accepted and then nothing else. Does anyone know how to check on your status or whether you are even in the system? I had to cancel one trip already and rescheduled for a month out. Waiting for the QR as the days tick by...

On 11/7/2021 at 1:09 PM, JohnT said:

You could take a look at this, but if you haven't quickly received an acknowledgement email you're probably not in the system. Don't use a Hotmail or yahoo email address.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this thread is still live, so please Mr Moderator set me straight if necessary.

Take-outs from having survived the entry process...

1. The airport operation was unbelievably smooth for me -- so much so that I briefly wondered if the pilot had taken a wrong turn and landed me in a different country from the one I was expecting. Only faff was with Immigration. On the T6 My officer was expecting to see both my first-night address and the address where I'd be spending the rest of the trip. She filled it in herself so no biggie but be prepared. (Practice your smallest handwriting...)

2. Your 1-Night Stay... choose wisely. I didn't. I chose mine because it was in a part of BKK I knew well and the price seemed great. Doh! The hotel's own receipt promised a kettle, tea and coffee. Nope. No choice of food: three times a day the familiar plastic bag containing the familiar plastic boxes showed up outside. Nobody bothered to knock and let me know. Fortunately I quite like cold food. All Thai dishes, plenty of fresh fruit; acceptable, but hardly welcoming. The phone offered 2 numbers for Reception/Manager; both were permanently busy. Only way to contact staff was to go downstairs (they issued me with a room key so no danger of being locked out) or phone in on the hotel's website number.

3. Now the only real hassle. I took my PCR test at a private hospital (very efficient) at 7:50 a.m. My negative certificate was entered into the system at 10:31 a.m. same day. The hotel notified me...never. It wasn't until the next day that I ventured out to Reception where I found they'd been sitting on it for hours and hours and hours. The clerk immediately printed it ought for me with embarrassed apologies. So the lesson here is: * SIT ON YOUR HOTEL*.

Fortunately this didn't matter because I'd factored in a likely delay and had made no plans for Bangkok itself. But it was mighty annoying all the same, and I'd recommend everyone to get busy after 4 hours. Better they think you're a pest than keep you a prisoner.

I'm now where I want to be and happy as a pig in the proverbial. My taxi ride cost a bit less than the last time I did it in 2019.

Finally, I can now say from personal observation that, as with Mark Twain, reports of Thailand's death have been greatly exaggerated. If a man can raise a thirst, there are those eager to help him quench it. Don't be put off by the naysayers. (Note: This is in no way to be interpreted as an invitation to break local laws. And I emphasise 'personal observation', not 'personal experience'.)

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 11:12 AM, Tjampman said:

My application was just rejected

Because my insurance quality is not good enough and I should make sure it covers 50K USD.

I have the insurance from Emirates which spans 3 pages which says it covers me for 410k €. I made it to jpeg the size of 3 pages.

So I am wondering if they 1. just didn't bother to read it and find the covid coverage; 2. Can't convert € to $; or 3. if they can't read it, because I stitched it together as 3 pages and they cannot zoom in.

Anyone else get approved with the Emirates multi risk insurance?

how could you fix it ?

will use Emirates insurance from Germany too, coverages all in Euros

1 hour ago, Tjampman said:

What I did is, I hilighted the text regarding covid insurance, and I did a third application with a photo of only the first and top of second page which have details of name and policy as well a covid insurance.

Both of these applications was accepted.

You do however need to get an actual cover letter, you need to request it from AIG who are the insurar. Did you get this cover letter?

If not you can try to find their email address, or if you are unsure, let me know, I can find it too.

many thanks, just booked for January to visit friends in Pattaya,

I will check for cover letter from AIG, have their big PDF about 31 pages,
but there are email addresses available

so you got a cover letter with your name on it ?

Edited by satpete