News Forum - Prince Andrew asks sexual assault case be dismissed in US court

Thaiger

The Duke of York, Prince Andrew of Britain, filed a motion asking a New York court to dismiss a sexual assault suit against him. Prince Andrew’s attorneys said that he is asking respectfully for the complaint brought on by plaintiff Virginia Giuffre to be dismissed. He has been battling the accusations for more than 6 years. The lawsuit was filed in August regarding an incident that was alleged to have taken place over 20 years ago. Giuffre, now 38 years old, claims that when she was legally a minor in the US at the age of 17, the Prince sexually […]

The story Prince Andrew asks sexual assault case be dismissed in US court as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I'd say Prince Andrew's headaches may continue but I can't see him being "disciplined" any further.

There are way too many big name folk caught up in Epstein's "Paradise Get Away" in the Virgin Islands to see him sent to trail in the US. Even with all the incriminating footage and eye witness accounts the Royal family will do their best as well as numerous other influential people to place the stoppers.

After Epstein's "suicide/death" in prison the message was loud and clear. In particular regular visitors to Epstein's entertainment such as the Clinton's would not want yet another scandal.

Should the case be dismissed I will not fall over backward in surprise.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, yetanother said:

"The Duke of York, Prince Andrew of Britain, filed a motion asking a New York court to dismiss a sexual assault suit against him. "

the international version of "do you know who i am ?";

worry not , two countries unable to uncouple , and a couple backroom sessions with ambassadors and lawyers and beer, and presto, a strategy for another 6 years legal delay

Exactly. A lot of "do you know who i am ?" 's are involved and many indirectly that simply visited Epstein's Island. There are  2 levels of justice and one of them lacks justice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Benroon said:

When my mum turned 100 she got a telegram from the Queen, when my daughter turned 16 she got a card from prince andrew !

That's the thing about British Royalty, they care for you from cradle to grave 😂

Let's look at it from the other side.

He's had to give up his engagements, is PNG everywhere and officially the black sheep of the family with whom nobody wants to be seen anymore.

We'll see whether it goes any further or not, but he's already not got off scott free.

• Like 2

His lawyers are hoping to have it dismissed .. no sweat .. 

The TV interview he mistakenly agreed to with the Beeb put him right in the spotlight over this and left the impression he was not being overly truthful .. and don't mention the photo of him and Jimmy Saville either .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Royal Family, It’s not good. The Queen, she’s been told to rest. The rest of their family are arguing apparently to walk away from a pretty obvious problem would be the best move. Distract the story, money will make this story go away, in my head anyway. Do I personally think he done anything wrong, I hope it goes to court and let a judge decide on the evidence on both sides

• Like 1

Let justice do it's work, and I hope it will. I don't follow this case, but:...
But what I don't understand is, how can a girl, not yet 18, be going to bed with a guy in 3 or 4 different places and claim rape. I mean, it could happen one time, but then take the plane to another place, and be raped again, and then, take a plane...

• Like 4

I know he’s a member of the Royal family and so in an open society he’s fair game for criticism. Good we can have this conversation. If you know what I mean….

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alavan said:

But what I don't understand is, how can a girl, not yet 18, be going to bed with a guy in 3 or 4 different places and claim rape. I mean, it could happen one time, but then take the plane to another place, and be raped again, and then, take a plane...

I don’t really follow the case but it might be they are claiming statutory rape. Since she was 17, in many parts of America she’s not legally capable of giving consent. I don’t know about the other places but that’s going to be problematic for the NY part since the age of consent there is 17. 

3 hours ago, EdwardV said:

I don’t really follow the case but it might be they are claiming statutory rape. Since she was 17, in many parts of America she’s not legally capable of giving consent. I don’t know about the other places but that’s going to be problematic for the NY part since the age of consent there is 17. 

The alleged offence occurred in London. Therefore as the age of consent is 16 in England so perhaps that is how they are claiming the case should be dismissed if indeed those are the charges. Does anyone really now what the charges are ?

16 minutes ago, gummy said:

Therefore as the age of consent is 16 in England

The age of consent is irrelevant in a case of child (not a legal adult)  trafficking, coercion, or rape, as is apparently  alleged here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gummy said:

The alleged offence occurred in London. Therefore as the age of consent is 16 in England so perhaps that is how they are claiming the case should be dismissed if indeed those are the charges. Does anyone really now what the charges are ?

This is all I can find. Seems it’s a civil case

B33D4F41-F1FB-4E04-8038-870E6C944A26.jpeg

1 minute ago, Pinetree said:

The age of consent is irrelevant in a case of child (not a legal adult)  trafficking, coercion, or rape, as is apparently  alleged here.

I’m also struggling to see the case he has to answer. If she was 17 at the time and the legal age was 17 or older then no case in my book. May be a naughty man taking advantage of a much younger girl, but how many other people could be guilty of that. If the age of consent where it happened was older than 17 then a case to be made. I’m just not clear at all. I thought the alleged event took place at Epstein’s place in New York when she was 17? 

• Like 3

Just now, Soidog said:

I’m also struggling to see the case he has to answer. If she was 17 at the time and the legal age was 17 or older then no case in my book. May be a naughty man taking advantage of a much younger girl, but how many other people could be guilty of that. If the age of consent where it happened was older than 17 then a case to be made. I’m just not clear at all. I thought the alleged event took place at Epstein’s place in New York when she was 17? 

As I say, the age of consent in this case, as it is being presented in the media,  is not relevant  She is alleging coercion/rape, so no consent given. 

2 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

As I say, the age of consent in this case, as it is being presented in the media,  is not relevant  She is alleging coercion/rape, so no consent given. 

Oh ok, I hadn’t realised that was the claim. So as you say, age of consent is irrelevant.

That will be a hard case for her to prove as rape is often very difficult, even when it takes place the day before. I fail to see how it could be proved 30+ years on. I guess simply making the allegation will mean Prince Andrew is either faced with a legal battle to stop the case (which he’s trying). Appear in court and have it all dragged through the media. Or pay some out of court settlement (surely that’s not her motive?😳).  

To be clear. Anyone who rapes or forces themselves an another is a totally vile individual and deserves all the law can throw at them. If he did that and it’s in his nature, there would be others come out of the woodwork I would have thought? …..

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Oh ok, I hadn’t realised that was the claim. So as you say, age of consent is irrelevant.

That will be a hard case for her to prove as rape is often very difficult, even when it takes place the day before. I fail to see how it could be proved 30+ years on. I guess simply making the allegation will mean Prince Andrew is either faced with a legal battle to stop the case (which he’s trying). Appear in court and have it all dragged through the media. Or pay some out of court settlement (surely that’s not her motive?😳).  

To be clear. Anyone who rapes or forces themselves an another is a totally vile individual and deserves all the law can throw at them. If he did that and it’s in his nature, there would be others come out of the woodwork I would have thought? …..

In many ways she has won already.  His Royal life is over and whatever happens now, guilty or innocent, he is tainted for life. 

10 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

In many ways she has won already.  His Royal life is over and whatever happens now, guilty or innocent, he is tainted for life. 

With his privileged lifestyle it will hardly be effected.

57 minutes ago, Transam said:

Well I'm glad I am not famous and am potless, as looking back at my philandering youthful past, I reckon my closet door will remain closed.

Dunno about you lot though.......😎........😆

I had to make my cupboards bigger to fit all my skeletons in 😂