News Forum - Consular Deparment FAQ on Thailand Pass entry November 1

Thaiger

I just completed 3 applications.  Only got API error on one of the 3 applications.  I re-entered the data leaving out the letter on my girlfriends passport.  API had accepted letter and number previously when I entered it.  This time the application was submitted successfully.

My suspicion is that the checking within the API is not sufficiently robust and does not flag errors well enough.

My first application I input Pfizer-Biontech as my vaccine.  Then I realised that it is Biotech, but not Pfizer as Hong Kong uses a different Biontech partner for Asia.  Also I submitted official looking Covid-19 insurance policy letter, not the actual policy document.  

Second application was for MrNA Comirnaty vaccine and included policy statement.

All 3 of our party are due to land on Sun 7 Nov.  We fly from UK on 6 Nov.  I hope the system flags up those passengers arriving soonest for priority processing.

Hope my experience helps others and wish me luck!

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

What an idiotic, Facebook news fuelled opinion. 

First of all I don’t have FB! Second ,one would have to be deaf, dumb and blind  not to see the controlling efforts of Govt to make people adhere to their draconian and restrictive demands! 
And that’s coming from a vaxer!

You caught my attention with that notion that your helping the economy here when in fact your helping support the High-So cabal that are taking advantage of this crisis!

This Govt is still in the testing stage  in t his new normal  travel plan 

good luck

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, EW1 said:

Has anyone figured out a way to get pass the Error from API server ?

Look on the thread that seems to be running alongside this one - your answer is there (but put a space after your passport number and insurance policy number - that has fixed it for most)

Hi guys,

I have finally succeeded to submit my documentation on the website and got a green "success" note (instead of the API error note). 

but, it has been over an hour since then, and I still have not get the short confirmation email "Thailand Pass system has received your registration" that my friend got.

Is this OK?

Or should I suspect now that actually my registration was not successful, after all?

Thanks for your advice!

4 hours ago, Tomtom said:

Thai Pass registration

Same here in Europe ,fill out everything correct , uploads work perfect , but  finally get message "error from API server", after klick "submit" button. We used all browsers and different pc's even several VPN chanels.

Anybody have a solution or could register , my friend ( works as IT proffesional) had exactly same error , his opinion , server works but the final step (submit) has some problems , means software errors , as most of us expectet... amazing Thailand...😉

Thanks for any informations

Check

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-pass-workaround-for
It worked for me. a lot of hassle. Must say COE was easier

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

COE was easier!  I think we can safely say that’s not what the TAT ordered then 😂😂. What a farce. Maybe they used the same software company as the U.K. Covid test & Trace system 😂😂 

2 hours ago, Anat said:

Hi guys,

I have finally succeeded to submit my documentation on the website and got a green "success" note (instead of the API error note). 

but, it has been over an hour since then, and I still have not get the short confirmation email "Thailand Pass system has received your registration" that my friend got.

Is this OK?

Or should I suspect now that actually my registration was not successful, after all?

Thanks for your advice!

II got the green success page, so I know it was submitted, however there was no confirmation number and its only been an hour for me and I haven't received an email , I leave on the 8th , I hope that it was received properly, have your received it yet ?

Never had an issue with processing the application, BUT, Well here's some facts;

The Hotel you select via  https://www.shathailand.com/ takes you to Agoda through which you naturally book your desired Hotel, Well NOOOOO, the Hotel promptly replies advising that is incorrect & you must be booking Room & PCR test direct with them, the Room rate went up 50% + PCR test etc. Have pushed back stating I would only pay PCR Test no response as yet

Oh & they are now wanting me to email all the same info submitted via the ThaiPass application

Also says that PCR Test is done at Hotel not the Airport (Hotel in Pattaya was thinking of wasting 2hrs on the road for positive result where I could then just walk out the door & have a few bevvies 😆

You can only submit certain types of Doc's Jpeg & Jpg possibly due to size (have to convert from PDF to Jpeg etc) which is ok, that was via a Desktop/Laptop

You need the Flight # submitted which again you can obtain # online but if you don't get that booking you will have to re-submit the TPass 

Another mate (4 in total) said he did it on his phone & just took screen shots of everything, crashed once but 2nd was a charm

Got mail that my registration was received. They will answer within 7 working days, that means 9 days if you include a weekend. I am supposed to fly in 2 weeks.

Why couldn’t I continue with COE and had to restart with this Thai pass

I'm confused. I p!an on flying to BKK in Dec. Normally wed stay near soi rambuttri, chill and enjoy BKK for a few days then go off travelling to beaches. Obviously now BKK has less appeal and we just want to hit the beaches. So I plan to fly to BKK then immediately fly to Phuket , then stay a few days in a nice beach hotel, then move on to the quieter places. I'm more of a backpacker.

Where do I get my sha test hotel thing done? Do I have to stay one night in BKK, or can it wait till Phuket? I'm guessing BKK ? Taxi in, hotel, test, taxi back to airport. I'll be booking the flights in advance but not as a package a it works out stupid expensive doing it that way.