News Forum - New zone restrictions: Booze, curfew, dining, schools, gatherings updated

Thaiger

So the CCSA has radically revised the colour-coded zone scheme for Thailand ahead of the reopening, reducing the dark red zone to just 7 remaining provinces, reinstating the yellow zone for provinces under observation but not restricted, and adding a tourist blue zone that is less connected to Covid-19 stats than it is to economic stats of how it can benefit the relaunching tourism sector. But what can and can’t you do in each category? What are the restrictions for each zone? Here’s a breakdown of a few key rules and restrictions by zone. THE ZONES DARK RED Chanthaburi — […]

The story New zone restrictions: Booze, curfew, dining, schools, gatherings updated as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

31 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

So the CCSA has radically revised the colour-coded zone scheme for Thailand ahead of the reopening, reducing the dark red zone to just 7 remaining provinces, reinstating the yellow zone for provinces under observation but not restricted, and adding a tourist blue zone that is less connected to Covid-19 stats than it is to economic stats of how it can benefit the relaunching tourism sector. But what can and can’t you do in each category? What are the restrictions for each zone? Here’s a breakdown of a few key rules and restrictions by zone. THE ZONES DARK RED Chanthaburi — […]

The story New zone restrictions: Booze, curfew, dining, schools, gatherings updated as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Very interested in the school section. We live in a red zone but the school is in a blue zone. Thing is the school says only children that have been vaccinated can go. As both my kids are under 11 so sort of impossible. 

So what's the real situation? 

province, chonburi, by some areas, as pattaya, na jomtien, etc. ,
is in blue zone, for travelers, as said 1 day ago,
but no alcohol allowed in restaurants, etc. , as said today.

1. restaurants s opening hour, in chonburi is,
11 pm ( as in, red zone ) or no limit ( as in blue zone ),
what starts on 1. november ?

2. water park, in sub-district, na jomtien,
what was extra said, it is in blue zone,
will be opened, or is whole chonburi, no longer in blue zone ?

Edited by think-and-ask

So to put it another way, everything the tourists want is still closed or not allowed, tourists don't care about curfews or 7 eleven opening all hrs again, they want bars and clubs open.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, stuhan said:

So to put it another way, everything the tourists want is still closed or not allowed, tourists don't care about curfews or 7 eleven opening all hrs again, they want bars and clubs open.

And not getting arrested if out past 11...

• Like 2

All I know is, there no parking in the red zone and the white zone is for loading and unloading only. Ummm....no I think it's the other way round........ This starting to sound like the movie "Flying high"!!!!

How on earth did Bangkok make it into the blue zone?? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, PompeyLlama said:

Very interested in the school section. We live in a red zone but the school is in a blue zone. Thing is the school says only children that have been vaccinated can go. As both my kids are under 11 so sort of impossible. 

So what's the real situation? 

Probably best if you ring your Provincial Governors office.

Here in Sa Kaeo the Provincial Governor stopped the schools opening on the 1st not the nutters in Bangkok. It will be reaccessed prior to 14th Nov. High schoolers have only the one vax around here, no vax under 11 but the under 11 (Primary School) were planning on classes as per normal with Covid protocols, ie temp check on arrival, masks etc.

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, stuhan said:

One can't look at tourism from the singular focus of booze and hookers. This enviroment is too seedy for those who want to experience new things and these are available at home. 

Besides the bar/ hooker scene is very high risk for covid spread that extends far beyond the source.

Other media announced other rules ...

Restaurants/eateries can open normally, but alcoholic drinks are allowed only at shops that meet SHA standards set by the Tourism Authority of Thailand and consumption must not extend beyond 9pm

Looking forward to see the list of restaurant meeting the standards .... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Probably best if you ring your Provincial Governors office.

Here in Sa Kaeo the Provincial Governor stopped the schools opening on the 1st not the nutters in Bangkok. It will be reaccessed prior to 14th Nov. High schoolers have only the one vax around here, no vax under 11 but the under 11 (Primary School) were planning on classes as per normal with Covid protocols, ie temp check on arrival, masks etc.

Hope this helps.

Latest from our school. Up to p3 collect homework hard copies each week. After that must be online although they claim it won't be the fiasco of last term. Provincial governor because the school is just inside is the Bangkok wombat. In 3 years they have never replied to any emails and will not take direct phone calls or at least that's what the office claims 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

How on earth did Bangkok make it into the blue zone?? 

It's where the big money and therefore big influence people live.

Somebody said it before.

"It's all about the money"

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PompeyLlama said:

Latest from our school. Up to p3 collect homework hard copies each week. After that must be online although they claim it won't be the fiasco of last term. Provincial governor because the school is just inside is the Bangkok wombat. In 3 years they have never replied to any emails and will not take direct phone calls or at least that's what the office claims 

Bit more laid back here and they will talk to you.

Try to see if any teachers are doing home schooling. Wife does one day a week for 10 kids from her class and we all have a good day. Keeps their minds active and in school mode plus she checks their online work with them.  Teachers (the good ones) are finding it frustrating also as they know some students are going backwards at a fast rate.

Those zones and their what you can do and what you can not do are a complete joke, and I am not laughing. Just a recipe for a huge disaster is coming, especially for CM for where I am at.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, palooka said:

Bit more laid back here and they will talk to you.

Try to see if any teachers are doing home schooling. Wife does one day a week for 10 kids from her class and we all have a good day. Keeps their minds active and in school mode plus she checks their online work with them.  Teachers (the good ones) are finding it frustrating also as they know some students are going backwards at a fast rate.

Thanks. Seems that the only teachers doing the home schooling are for the younger ones with printed homework from the school. 

This exam results saw my kids drop nearly 15% naturally no one wants this. 

15 hours ago, EdwardV said:

All the more reason to wait till December. 

No way I am coming; since I learned Lisa won’t show up for NYE I have lost all my motivations: I don’t sleep, I don’t eat, I have no desire to live any longer. No purpose to go to Thailand this winter. The PM owes me personal sincere apologies, I have been betrayed and I don’t accept apologies from a 3rd rank minister, it’s unacceptable.😪

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

It's where the big money and therefore big influence people live.

Somebody said it before.

"It's all about the money"

That’s right @Griff1315  If ever you are baffled, confused, bamboozled, bewildered or befuddled by the Thai logic, follow the money and all will become clear…

I thought Koh Samui was a SANDBOX?!

Why is it (Suratthani province) in a RED ZONE?

The resturants here were serving drink but now have to stop?

A sandbox mens the populace of this area are vaccinated (as well as the tourists). Why are not ALL bars and go go clubs fully open? Complete Idiocy!

Just not reliable still  cities in red zone that have lot less then for example phuket  this already says  it is a load of BS, credibility of thailand is like -10000% all clowns with BS talk

Me and about 4 other friends are holding off visiting Thailand until clubs and bars are fully open. These clowns really believe that people visit Thailand for its "natural beauty"? Lol. I mean, yea sure, maybe like 5% of the tourists come for that reason, but a large majority come for the nightlife and entertainment. Think I am wrong? Wait and see. Compare how many tourists arrive now, vs. when the clubs are open again.

• Like 1