News Forum - Reopening Monday: AoT ready for 30k at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Thaiger

2 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

About a Cessna full if I can sell the last few wing strap slots....🤣

And I always have a problem when I read from the TAT or AOT the word expecting

• Like 3

Just now, Bob20 said:

Yes, sell the premium wing seats first before you move to the undercarriage 😉 And if you're likely to get overbooked, just tell them they need to wear a facemask and there's no alcohol! That'll stop the rush.

Sshhh you trying to destroy my business plan. I allow alcohol in all areas of the aircraft but must be sampled by the pilot (me) first.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

Sshhh you trying to destroy my business plan. I allow alcohol in all areas of the aircraft but must be sampled by the pilot (me) first.

Same thing. Nothing left for the passengers 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

And I always have a problem when I read from the TAT or AOT the word expecting

When I read anything coming from TAT I'm not EXPECTING  any actual truth in the numbers quoted...😉

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

About a Cessna full if I can sell the last few wing strap slots....🤣

I got just the plane for you.  Low flight time, plenty of wing straps:

26827225484_9e3457b03f_z.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

Filter out the baloney after the 30k headline grabber and it's " expected " 7000 will be internationalista's but surely given all the flaming hoops that have to be jumped thru' via the COE for every individual attempting to enter then you would have thought they would have a far more accurate figure than 7000 " expected " and as MalcThai has pointed out already if that is to be believed then it's not a lot of bums on seats per plane for airlines to make any dollars .. 

So, if TAT said 50,000 expected, the derision would be deafening, on the other hand, they say 7000 and it should be more.

What should they say?

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

When I read anything coming from TAT I'm not EXPECTING  any actual truth in the numbers quoted...😉

TAT is a government department so you should trust their figures as much as all the others from the government.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

TAT is a government department so you should trust their figures as much as all the others from the government.

Screenshot_20210901-144730_Gallery.thumb.jpg.cc3a7fe91988c98d5224187cce1c2cc0.jpg

Just going to change my shorts...🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Simply that if it's unmanned then there's rather a lot of scope for not putting a bag on the scale properly, holding it up, swopping bags to get the labels, etc, etc.

Where it's a completely new system replacing the old one, like Southampton, there are safeguards built in but there's nothing to suggest that's the case here.

Just a passing thought, having seen all sorts of tricks even with the 'old' supervised system, nothing more.

Why would any airport have a new system installed which can be tricked as you are suggesting?

If you have thought about the tricks then the software and hardware guys would have also thought of the same tricks and put in systems to stop it happening. 

12 hours ago, Jason said:

I expect there will be a large proportion of returning Thais and expats. I can't say Bangkok would be the airport I want to use. I'm going to Phuket, I'll get a direct flight there and home and only transit if I absolutely have to. 

agreed Im hoping after Nov 1 I will be able to snag a direct to CNX for the hotel and test--not BKK--or allow me to transfer in BKK as they have a transit area if going to Samui...

Probably worth checking flight radar 24 to get an idea about the 110 passenger aircraft inbound and where they are coming from.sounds like a lot to me arranged at very short notice.

Not sure I'd trust any official figures anymore,not even the flight Arrival's board at the airport.

• Like 1

I can't see why any international tourist would want to go through BKK unless they absolutely had to. Business people, different story. I'm just hoping the sandbox destinations will kick on to get above 80% fully vaccinated in the population over 12. That seems to be the merging benchmark for successful return to anything like normal. 

13 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

I got just the plane for you.  Low flight time, plenty of wing straps:

26827225484_9e3457b03f_z.jpg

That looks like an Indian charter flight to me, perhaps they are the quality tourists on the way here already ? 😂

17 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

still seats available on my Cessna as Bob20 two Indian friends had to cancel.....

We're doing a re-think so please hold those seat for us

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JamesR said:

Why would any airport have a new system installed which can be tricked as you are suggesting?

If you have thought about the tricks then the software and hardware guys would have also thought of the same tricks and put in systems to stop it happening. 

I think we'll just have to disagree on this one. Over the years I've seen far too many, predominantly but not always from the sub-continent, using all manner of ingenious tricks to get away with being massively over the baggage allowance to believe that "the software and hardware guys would have also thought of the same tricks and put in systems to stop it happening".

The Mk 1 eyeball, if necessary behind a perspex screen to protect from Covid transmission, is the best "software and hardware" available, but it doesn't fit in with wanting to be 21st c / 2nd / 4th / 5th gen / whatever.