News Forum - Push for Thailand to be medical marijuana hub starts November

Thaiger

Just legalise it open up the cafe's like in Holland watch the tourist come, to me seems like a lot of people are smoking it anyway

Since legalizing weed in several states in the US, you can no longer walk down streets on nice days or stroll through parks without gagging on the stink of marijuana.  It is worse than the stink of cigarettes and far more poignant.  If confined and strictly enforced for legitimate medical reasons, great.   However, if allowed to be smoked in public, there is another reason to choose Singapore over Thailand, for an enjoyable holiday.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Just legalise it open up the cafe's like in Holland watch the tourist come, to me seems like a lot of people are smoking it anyway

A lot of people beat their wife and sexually abuse their kids. Should we legalise that also?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Amsterdam over the last few years have been having lots of problems with the dope tourists and were looking into changing the laws around public smoking of weed.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Soidog said:

A lot of people beat their wife and sexually abuse their kids. Should we legalise that also?  

So you mean make Thailand "The Hub of wife Beating " . Certainly that would appeal to a few privileged Thais no doubt.  However I think trying to equate physical violence towards women with the subject matter is a bit of a stretch, don't you ?

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

So you mean make Thailand "The Hub of wife Beating " . Certainly that would appeal to a few privileged Thais no doubt.  However I think trying to equate physical violence towards women with the subject matter is a bit of a stretch, don't you ?

It was more the fact of lowseasonlover trying to say if a lot of people do it then it should be legalised. As I say, a lot of people beat their wife and abuse their kids, doesn’t mean it should be legalised. But point taken mate. Take care 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Lowseasonlover said:

just like many things when legalized will be abused. The intend of usage for medical will evolve to common consumption and hopefully not addiction. There will be more social problems if this happens. BTW I hate drugs 

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

HUB HUB HUB HUB. All we hear is this nonsense. Thailand couldn’t even be an aviation HUB after they invested in Suvarnabhumi.

Here we go, more Thai bashing ranting. Suvarnabhumi has been as massive financial positive. To claim otherwise makes you sound like a bit of a dill.

Now they want to be a HUB for electric vehicles.  

Thailand is known as the "Detroit of Asia" creating hundreds of thousands of jobs which is one of the many industries developed in Thailand over the last few decades to drag millions out of poverty, so they can get real jobs, not just working in rice fields for next to nothing or sending their young daughters to Pattaya to service hundreds of creepy sex tourists. They will nail the EV industry, already having much success, not that you could ever bring yourself to admit it.

A HUB for MICE. A HUB for renewable energy. The country is so so far behind the real world, the only thing Thailand will ever be a HUB for is cheapish holidays. Sad to see it to be honest…. What’s the saying? “You can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool most of the world any of the time”. Goons !  

Nasty comments as usual. Goons?

Apart from the fact that you are totally confused. Anutin said nothing about a "hub" which is an English word often used by journalists.

Thailand has come a long way in the last 50 years. They did it with hatching plan after plan. Some were more successful than others. But at least they are having a red hot go.

Easy to sit behind your computer moaning about everything Thai. 

Nothing worse than foreigners showing up uninvited to a country who then spend their time criticizing the people day after day.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thaiger said:

put Thailand’s medicinal marijuana police into effect on November 10

was listening "Karma Police" just right now, seems to be appropriate...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gummy said:

So you mean make Thailand "The Hub of wife Beating " . Certainly that would appeal to a few privileged Thais no doubt.  

Off topic rediculous Thai bashing post.

<reported as falsely edited - members to ignore RM comment please>

Edited by KaptainRob
This member has been disciplined and post remains for audit purposes

3 hours ago, HiuMak said:

just like many things when legalized will be abused. The intend of usage for medical will evolve to common consumption and hopefully not addiction. There will be more social problems if this happens. BTW I hate drugs 

Alcohol and yes caffeine in every coffee drink are drugs as well.  Marijuana is one of the most beneficial natural plants that helps people with many different diseases and afflictions. 

Name one person in the history of mankind that has caused problems by "abusing" marijuana please

Been legal in some US states for over 5 years, Canada as well

Do alcohol or coffee actually help people with diseases or afflictions?  Why are they legal drugs? 

5 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Alcohol and yes caffeine in every coffee drink are drugs as well.  Marijuana is one of the most beneficial natural plants that helps people with many different diseases and afflictions. 

Name one person in the history of mankind that has caused problems by "abusing" marijuana please

Been legal in some US states for over 5 years, Canada as well

Do alcohol or coffee actually help people with diseases or afflictions?  Why are they legal drugs? 

In answer: yes, caffeine is used in quite a few medicines and so is alcohol.

And I agree with your suggestion that many things can be put to good medicinal use.

But, in my opinion, the problem starts when substances become unregulated and/or used to excess. Because limits are set not for the responsible user at home who doesn't bother anyone. Limits are set for the ones that go out in a car and kill someone in traffic while under the influence etc.

And the notion that alcohol, tobacco, caffeine etc. are equally bad, is (again, in my opinion) no argument to further expand that list.

25 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Cheech......no....the other fella... Chong...

Cheech and Chong, thats them.

Endless problem they were.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Cheech......no....the other fella... Chong...

Cheech and Chong, thats them.

Endless problem they were.

Lol the whole plan is 'Nice Dreams' but will probably go 'Up in Smoke ' 😱😁

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2021 at 11:40 PM, Freeduhdumb said:

It means, using substances like mood altering/suppressing alcohol and Marijuana does nothing to correct the underlying problem you purport is helpful (escapism). These of course often only create more problems. But I am for legalizing all substances, I was just responding to the meaning of the OP. Once government gets out of the way, people will figure out what's good for them and what is not. Or they will suffer the consequences... like alcoholism an attempt at self medicating to cope with mental health issues by suppression (alcohol and marijuana). The idiots will either self correct or suffer... let freedom of choice reign. 

Lmao.  Google the definition of sarcasm - you clearly missed the point of my post.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:27 PM, Bob20 said:

In answer: yes, caffeine is used in quite a few medicines and so is alcohol.

And I agree with your suggestion that many things can be put to good medicinal use.

But, in my opinion, the problem starts when substances become unregulated and/or used to excess. Because limits are set not for the responsible user at home who doesn't bother anyone. Limits are set for the ones that go out in a car and kill someone in traffic while under the influence etc.

And the notion that alcohol, tobacco, caffeine etc. are equally bad, is (again, in my opinion) no argument to further expand that list.

The two biggest Killers are cigarettes and alcohol. Cigarettes by self ingestion and alcohol by some drunk slob thinking they're ok to drive or liver failure