News Forum - Koh Chang on track for November 11 reopening with sandbox scheme

Thaiger

Koh Chang is poised to welcome back foreign visitors amid plans to get a sandbox scheme underway from November 11. The island, in the eastern province of Trat, is gearing up for reopening under the “Koh Chang Sandbox” scheme, with Trat governor Chamnanwit Taerat ordering preparations be made in seeking to breathe life back into the local tourism sector. As reported by Thai PBS World, there are also plans to proceed with the “Koh Kood Sandbox” scheme in the near future. According to the report, anyone travelling under the scheme will need to have received two doses of an approved […]

The story Koh Chang on track for November 11 reopening with sandbox scheme as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

16 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Going next week before the rush....🤣🤣🤣

Beat me to it. I'm waiting a few weeks for perfect water visibility. Keep the tinnies cold and enjoy your trip Griff.

• Like 1

Just now, mickkotlarski said:

Beat me to it. I'm waiting a few weeks for perfect water visibility. Keep the tinnies cold and enjoy your trip Griff.

Love the Island, been watching a few recent YouTube videos place look devastated. Was talking to a Brit that runs a Resort there, told me a few bars are open on the QT so can get a beer if the urge strikes. Looking forward to our visit...😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

Love the Island, been watching a few recent YouTube videos place look devastated. Was talking to a Brit that runs a Resort there, told me a few bars are open on the QT so can get a beer if the urge strikes. Looking forward to our visit...😊

Koh Chang or the UK?

Choices... 🤭

• Like 1

Just now, Griff1315 said:

Now is a good time but should you book accommodation give the place a call before going. Went to Phuket in April and arrived at an empty hotel room. The hotel would not answer emails or pick up the phone. Fortunately hotels.com helped me get an even better hotel free of charge within the next hour.

I'll be off to Koh Mak and Koh Kood a few weeks after you.

Have a great time Griff.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mickkotlarski said:

Now is a good time but should you book accommodation give the place a call before going. Went to Phuket in April and arrived at an empty hotel room. The hotel would not answer emails or pick up the phone. Fortunately hotels.com helped me get an even better hotel free of charge within the next hour.

I'll be off to Koh Mak and Koh Kood a few weeks after you.

Have a great time Griff.

The wife's already booked us into a nice Hotel on White Sand Beach for a few nights. Give us a chance to check out what else is available for a longer stay.

• Cool 1

Just now, Jason said:

Good to see more sandboxes....it's the only real way I think. What's the vaccination rate among locals??

MMR very good I hear 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Good to see more sandboxes....it's the only real way I think. What's the vaccination rate among locals??

The local I spoke with thought the vaccine rates are very high, but don't know the official Blah. Better to listen to a local business owner I think.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

The local I spoke with thought the vaccine rates are very high, but don't know the official Blah. Better to listen to a local business owner I think.

Griff..drop me a message in the Thaiger mailbox or drop a quote when you get back from the East. Just a quick line on how things went.

8 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Griff..drop me a message in the Thaiger mailbox or drop a quote when you get back from the East. Just a quick line on how things went.

Sent a P.M

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

"devastated" indeed... for many many months now, I have been wondering, while Phuket and Samui are in the news pratically every day, why the 3rd largest island in Thailand is NEVER mentioned nor helped. Pratically all smalls shops, bars and other small businesses are gone in the most touristic places like White Sand Beach, now a ghost town. During the second part of 2020, at least Koh Chang had loads of local tourists coming over the weekends (and all those made up new bank holidays during that period) coupled with a strong sense of community helping each other, which helped somehow to hang in there but the outbreak since April has been the last poisoned cherry on the cake. So basically another empty high season would be the end for many more businesses, I do not think it would be exagerated if I use the words "complete tragedy". It has been already for so many that have been out of work whom have left the island, including amongst the cambodian community. Local tourists have been coming back recently but really, without foreign tourists, that will simply not do it for another high season so GOOD NEWS!!

• Like 1

was there last weekend, White sand beach was absolutely packed for dinner. cannot find a table at 15Palms. finally nice to see Thais returning to the island, all 4 ferries are working now, i think another one on stand by

IMG_20211023_081409_987.jpg

• Like 1