News Forum - Teenager shot at August protest in Bangkok dies after months in a coma

Thaiger

The teenager who was shot in the neck at a protest outside Bangkok’s Din Daeng police station back in August died. According to the Bangkok Post, Amnesty International Thailand confirmed that the 15 year old died yesterday morning after being in a coma for several months. There have been several violent clashes at Din Daeng intersection involving young anti-government protesters and police. On August 16, the teenager was shot in the neck and another protester was reportedly shot. Police have denied using live ammunition and have said they use rubber bullets to break up protest crowds. In late September, police […]

The story Teenager shot at August protest in Bangkok dies after months in a coma as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

While I don't recall the circumstances of this shooting and I'm sure it happened in the heat of the moment, the lost of a young man by shooting by those, sworn to protect the people. The one who fired the bullet, that has now killed the young man, should face justice. I think this will be a rally cry for those who protested.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

While I don't recall the circumstances of this shooting and I'm sure it happened in the heat of the moment, the lost of a young man by shooting by those, sworn to protect the people. The one who fired the bullet, that has now killed the young man, should face justice. I think this will be a rally cry for those who protested.

It wasnt a policeman who shot him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Before condemning "those sworn to protect the people" for his death it could be wise to check "the circumstances of this shooting".

As reported in the article and previously: "In late September, police arrested a 28 year old man on attempted murder charges for allegedly shooting the 15 year old in the neck at the August rally."

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Gee mate, you might want to to a bit of research before claiming you are "sure" of something.

You just made that all up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

It was a good story from Jason though.

Loosely based on a true story.

Looser than a loose thing that's come loose.

• Haha 3

Absolutely appalling that although some young person has lost their life certain posters have resorted to off topic bickering. Sad state of mind some people