News Forum - Indian community call for their country to be added to Thailand’s low-risk list

Thaiger

Indians are urging the Thai government to add India to the list of low-risk countries for Thailand’s November 1 re-opening. The Bangkok Post reports that the Indian community in Thailand have pointed out how much they can contribute to the economy. The plea comes as Thailand prepares to re-open with minimal quarantine for vaccinated visitors from 46 approved countries. While countries like the UK – currently experiencing a surge in Covid-19 infections – have made the grade, India has not. According to the Bangkok Post, Satish Sehgal from the India-Thai businessmen association is concerned the exclusion of Indians will send […]

The story Indian community call for their country to be added to Thailand’s low-risk list as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I have this feeling that because the Chinese aren't coming until high season 2022, the Thai Government will soon change their tune. The days of "Travel Bubbles" and "Greenlanes" were only relevant in the days before vaccines, when countries (like my own) were pushing for suppression and elimination of the virus. Delta changed all that. In reality, the only criteria should be a PCR Test 72 hours prior to arrival and full vaccination. As these conditions apply to whoever gets on a plane, there is no need for a list of accepted countries. It's a farcical concept. I think is reality it exists only to keep the Thai people calm about international tourists coming. It certainly isn't based on any scientific grounds. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

While countries like the UK – currently experiencing a surge in Covid-19 infections – have made the grade, India has not.

No reason why they cannot poppadom India on to the list .. bhaji's all round I say if they do .. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

No reason why they cannot poppadom India on to the list .. bhaji's all round I say if they do .. 

'bhaji's all round' - well fancy bumping in to you in the Indian.

• Haha 1

Just now, gummy said:

I just can't eat a whole Indian these days

I must have a smaller appetite than you: I love kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I must have a smaller appetite than you: I love kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one.

You should try a beaver curry sometime .. it's like normal curry but otter .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

An excellent line sir but I have never tried one of those but a nibble of a bald beaver was and still is a favourite snack of mine 😉 

3 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

I thought you were going to say a beaver curry had something to do with fish (referring to a different plaice).

• Like 1

Just now, Bluesofa said:

I thought you were going to say a beaver curry had something to do with fish (referring to a different plaice).

Codswallop

2 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

No that's Bombay duck your thinking of , now stop Poissoning about .. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dedinbed said:

Bombay duck -  excellent comment! Oh dear, I'll stop crying with laughter soon.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

I heard that mentioned in The Dambusters. "The Bombay doors are open." But never saw a duck, only a black Labrador dog who shall remain nameless.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I heard that mentioned in The Dambusters. "The Bombay doors are open." But never saw a duck, only a black Labrador dog who shall remain nameless.

and don't forget a side order of quackers if you have a Bombay duck ..

• Haha 1

If a tourist is fully vaccinated it should not matter which country they come from. Furthermore they will be tested on arrival. So this list of low risk countries is B.S.