News Forum - BlackPink’s Lisa says “no” to Phuket New Year countdown event

Thaiger

11 minutes ago, Soidog said:

And the flush toilet in 1775 by a Scotsman, and our friends in the east  still stand on the seat 😂

Who invented a Vacuum cleaner? I still have to teach them how to use it, and clean it and empty the bag I dont know where they think it goes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, gummy said:

So no doubt TAT will play this down whilst urgently looking for another superstar the rest of the world has never heard of.  Should we tell them Frank Sinatra is dead or let them find out for themselves ? 😂

Frank's dead?  WTF..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

And the flush toilet in 1775 by a Scotsman, and our friends in the east  still stand on the seat 😂

OMG what and achievement.

Dont know of this girl BUT i would imagine this is a marketing decision

Her fans are the youth of this country and asia

Coming here and doing  her bit for little P And his mob could damage her irreparably

• Like 2

Good morning folks,

The topic of this thread is “BlackPink’s Lisa says “no” to Phuket New Year countdown event”. Some very interesting debate going on, but very little of it has anything to do with “BlackPink”, “Phuket” or the “New Year Countdown”.

Let’s keep the topic in mind please.

Regards,

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, poohy said:

Coming here and doing  her bit for little P And his mob could damage her irreparably

Thank you @poohy, I hadn’t seen your post when I started on mine.

11 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Yeah and this states part of the backlash coming out over the huge spending from the Thai folk. It seriously goes farther than that on a couple of levels for her. As for an opera singer, no one cares and no one will go.

11 hours ago, Stonker said:

She's on Tik Tok, as I described.

If you can't find it, your children probably can.

She's also done a concert here before with Blackpink 2 years ago.

Yes I know who she is and her black Pink group is and have followed K-Pop bands with my kids for probably over 15 or so years now. Didn't know you described her in Tik Tok. My statement comes from there is more to her getting out than meets the eye as plainly having YG say she is unavailable. Tremendous backlash fallout.

17 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

As for an opera singer, no one cares and no one will go.

Given where this is anticipated to occur, given that those places are favoured by certain people, I am just wondering if this was really not a stupid TAT/Thai government idea or whether in fact it was "others" who wanted this ? Perhaps with little or no visitors,  large areas perhaps could be "secured" it could well be viewed as a private audience perhaps at a vast tax payer expense.  Just saying.

19 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah and this states part of the backlash coming out over the huge spending from the Thai folk. It seriously goes farther than that on a couple of levels for her. As for an opera singer, no one cares and no one will go.

I've searched, but haven't found anything that she firmly confirmed. Only that they had invited her, that that wasn't enough, and that they then formally extended an invitation. But nowhere do I see a contractual obligation that she then renaged on.

Just the same as always. Lots of words from the government but no substance.

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

Given where this is anticipated to occur, given that those places are favoured by certain people, I am just wondering if this was really not a stupid TAT/Thai government idea or whether in fact it was "others" who wanted this ? Perhaps with little or no visitors,  large areas perhaps could be "secured" it could well be viewed as a private audience perhaps at a vast tax payer expense.  Just saying.

My take on it is showing hi-so class having an opera singer. Trying to change the world's opinion that there is an educated Hi Society here and not just the old stigma of sex and corruption they think still exists. Well for sure the corruption definitely still exists outwardly. You may be right, as who would attend would be people given a certain sort of Order, Award, or some sort of medal and class distinction. A sort of who is who amongst the only them care about each other and hobnobbing.

14 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I've searched, but haven't found anything that she firmly confirmed. Only that they had invited her, that that wasn't enough, and that they then formally extended an invitation. But nowhere do I see a contractual obligation that she then renaged on.

Just the same as always. Lots of words from the government but no substance.

I did see something of a will come, but there is nothing of contract for sure. this is the closest I have seen of a publicized for a yes. I also saw it in another article besides the Star but cannot be bothered to search. It would have been a sever blemish on her career with the young generation here if she went ahead with it.

www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2021/10/24/thai-born-superstar-lisa-of-blackpink-to-grace-country039s-2022-new-year-extravaganza

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

I did see something of a will come, but there is nothing of contract for sure. this is the closest I have seen of a publicized for a yes. I also saw it in another article besides the Star but cannot be bothered to search. It would have been a sever blemish on her career with the young generation here if she went ahead with it.

www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2021/10/24/thai-born-superstar-lisa-of-blackpink-to-grace-country039s-2022-new-year-extravaganza

Still says "a contract will be signed" which means nothing really. Not seen her confirm anything at all other than what some "tabloid newspapers" write.

4 hours ago, poohy said:

why has she been on TV in the USA then as a single act? here she is, now in glorious big subtitles. Amazing the number of experts on SEA music all of a sudden.😄

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

Still says "a contract will be signed" which means nothing really. Not seen her confirm anything at all other than what some "tabloid newspapers" write.

Yeah, but verbal agreements are still substantial, that is until the fallout started to come her way that she overlooked. Anyway, smart decision by her to have YG pull her out.