News Forum - BlackPink’s Lisa says “no” to Phuket New Year countdown event

Thaiger

1 minute ago, Faraday said:

Didn't know that; it makes it a slap in the face more obvious.

At least Thai born. Lalisa Manoban isn't a SKorean typical name is it?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Hmmm....yep....ok....I might need to take a moment or two just to take in the enormous ramifications of this decision. Personally, I'm absolutely, positively shattered at this news.... I may have to go into a period of...dare I say it...mourning! As I am sure the members of TAT are....what now? 

Lalisa is really  big and will be missed by many. I wish her the best and hope TAT find someone good.

1 hour ago, Griff1315 said:

She loves Thailand so much she would never decline..🤣🤣🤣

25 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I'm sure a government invitation would have found a way around that.

But Thailand is only supreme to the Thais as long as they don't know any better.

And as she is young, lives in Korea and has seen some of the world, she probably has better options and may be more aligned with different political views too.

Rather unfair and unjustified along with some of the other comments.

She'd actually already been on Tik Tok saying how much she was looking forward to coming, talking about how she'd been born in Buri Ram then moved to Bangkok where she'd learnt to sing and gone to dance classes, and saying how she owed her success to her family and to Thailand.

Evidently she's contracted to sing with Blackpink rather than solo, so it's not her choice which is why they wrote as they did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And this guys, is why we just love this country. It’s like watching episodes of Laurel & Hardy and the Keystone Cops live, each and every day. You literally couldn’t make it up.

I’ve a sneaky feeling there could be a few twists and turns on this…….

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

And this guys, is why we just love this country. It’s like watching episodes of Laurel & Hardy and the Keystone Cops live, each and every day. You literally couldn’t make it up.

I’ve a sneaky feeling there could be a few twists and turns on this…….

Bring on Mr Bean

This just might be a direct diss and f + a vowel to these j u n t a elite whack jobs and who they stand for. She may just be standing on the side of the good thai people and students. And the laugh is Big P cannot do any in person suck up PR with her. What a shame. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

This just might be a direct diss and f + a vowel to these j u n t a elite whack jobs and who they stand for. She may just be standing on the side of the good thai people and students. And the laugh is Big P cannot do any in person suck up PR with her. What a shame. 

She'd said she was coming, personally and clearly.

She was just over-ruled by Blackpink who are apparently not happy with her newly launched solo career.

2 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

So... Will they now stay closed for another period of time? Or is Andrea Broccoli going to be enough for the reopening of Thailand? 

Chances are he'll say "no" as well 🤣

Possibly a party with only one attendee.

The fireworks likely won't ignite either 😂

But hey, they've got 20.000 preprinted tickets with Lisa's and Bocelli's name on it to burn as a bonfire 🥴

48 minutes ago, Stonker said:

She'd said she was coming, personally and clearly.

She was just over-ruled by Blackpink who are apparently not happy with her newly launched solo career.

Are you sure of that? There has been a large backlash from the Thai younger generation and other folk in Thailand and that could have led to YG Entertainment taking a step back and making a business decision so to not have a negative effect. They are aware of what is going on here and her fan base being the ones anti the bozos. How do I know? I have children who tell and talk to me everyday what is going on. Maybe she did say yes without thinking into it so much and then started getting a reality check with an OMG and then maybe had YG get her out of it in a gracious way. 
As for Black Pink, she is a member and now has also stepped out with her solo career so she is also her own entity now. That has nothing to do with the other members especially when her own country is concerned, that is unless those actions from her partnering with the ones who are very much not liked have an ill negative outcome on all of them. I think she probably is more on her age groups and Thai friends side rather than that of the you know who. I think there must be more to the story than what we are hearing. Do you have anything 100% real and for sure that states an absolute contrary to what I am saying? 

37 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Are you sure of that? There has been a large backlash from the Thai younger generation and other folk in Thailand and that could have led to YG Entertainment taking a step back and making a business decision so to not have a negative effect. They are aware of what is going on here and her fan base being the ones anti the bozos. How do I know? I have children who tell and talk to me everyday what is going on. Maybe she did say yes without thinking into it so much and then started getting a reality check with an OMG and then maybe had YG get her out of it in a gracious way. 
As for Black Pink, she is a member and now has also stepped out with her solo career so she is also her own entity now. That has nothing to do with the other members especially when her own country is concerned, that is unless those actions from her partnering with the ones who are very much not liked have an ill negative outcome on all of them. I think she probably is more on her age groups and Thai friends side rather than that of the you know who. I think there must be more to the story than what we are hearing. Do you have anything 100% real and for sure that states an absolute contrary to what I am saying? 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2205695/lisa-unavailable-for-new-year-countdown

6 hours ago, gummy said:

So no doubt TAT will play this down whilst urgently looking for another superstar the rest of the world has never heard of.  Should we tell them Frank Sinatra is dead or let them find out for themselves ? 😂

hmmm you westerner are a funny folks. 

educate yourself a bit

western countries arent the center of the earth

19 minutes ago, koute said:

educate yourself a bit

...or you could learn the meaning of irony...🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

She's on Tik Tok, as I described.

If you can't find it, your children probably can.

She's also done a concert here before with Blackpink 2 years ago.

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-new-year-countdown-bocelli-confirmed-lisa-to-be-decided-in-krabi-81837.php

Well Tim looks like at the moment you and Jay will be exchanging 500 Baht notes. No Lisa. Don't give up. Bocelli not in Phuket yet. As a senior citizen myself, I would prefer Black Pink, BTs, and Boy Sompob any day  to Opera in English, Italian or Thai. 

7 hours ago, koute said:

educate yourself a bit

Spot on there sunshine but nor do we walk around with our heads up our backsides which seems to be a prime requirement for TAT staff recruitment and those that condone their irrational business techniques.

7 hours ago, koute said:

educate yourself a bit

You know we are! Pretend all you like and you will find plenty of woke westerns to agree with you, but it doesn’t change the West still is the centre of the earth. 

6 out of the G7 nations are Western countries 

90% Nobel Laureates from the West

14 out of top 20 companies in the world are Western companies  

95% of inventions used by the world are from Western countries  

Two major airline manufacturers are Western (Boeing and Airbus)

Apple and Microsoft account for over 90% of computer hardware and software developments in the world.

Expensive cars, medical equipment and medical science,  top universities, movie industry, Space exploration, military hardware, rock music, fashion and design, fine art, democracy and the rule of law…  I could go on…

And finally, the most important development in the last 100 years, the internet was invented and developed in the West

Its changing but it’s still got a long way to go before you can say the East is the centre of the earth. Come back in 100-200 years. Unless the West ups it’s game, and it will….

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You know we are! Pretend all you like and you will find plenty of woke westerns to agree with you, but it doesn’t change the West still is the centre of the earth. 

6 out of the G7 nations are Western countries 

90% Nobel Laureates from the West

14 out of top 20 companies in the world are Western companies  

95% of inventions used by the world are from Western countries  

Two major airline manufacturers are Western (Boeing and Airbus)

Apple and Microsoft account for over 90% of computer hardware and software developments in the world.

Expensive cars, medical equipment and medical science,  top universities, movie industry, Space exploration, military hardware, rock music, fashion and design, fine art, democracy and the rule of law…  I could go on…

And finally, the most important development in the last 100 years, the internet was invented and developed in the West

Its changing but it’s still got a long way to go before you can say the East is the centre of the earth. Come back in 100-200 years. Unless the West ups it’s game, and it will….

And you forgot that it was a westerner,   Joseph Gayetty who invented toilet paper but unfortunately it never had instruction for use printed on it which has confused many Asian  to this very day 😂

7 minutes ago, gummy said:

And you forgot that it was a westerner,   Joseph Gayetty who invented toilet paper but unfortunately it never had instruction for use printed on it which has confused many Asian  to this very day 😂

And the flush toilet in 1775 by a Scotsman, and our friends in the east  still stand on the seat 😂

• Haha 1

From Lisa not performing on NYE to the invention of the toilet in less than 50 comments. Really a new level for the Thaiger comments section.

• Haha 1