News Forum - BlackPink’s Lisa says “no” to Phuket New Year countdown event

Thaiger

Grand plans by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, to attract international acts for a New Year countdown concert in Phuket, has come crashing down today now that YG Entertainment in South Korea, the management for the K-pop star Lalisa “Lisa” Manoban, made an official statement saying she won’t be coming. The ‘BlackPink’ Thai-born star was a hot ticket for the event. The other attraction for the New Year celebrations is Italian superstar Andrea Bocelli, who has apparently confirmed his attendance, with some reports saying the tenor will perform in Phuket, and other reports saying Bangkok. The news outlet Coconuts Bangkok says […]

The story BlackPink’s Lisa says “no” to Phuket New Year countdown event as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Phew .. how disappointing , what a shame , what a pity , but never mind .. but what was the deal anyway ? like was she supposed to duet with Bocelli which is a bit like asking someone who can sort of play a stylophone to get on a harp ..  

Edited by Dedinbed
Sp
  • Haha 2

So no doubt TAT will play this down whilst urgently looking for another superstar the rest of the world has never heard of.  Should we tell them Frank Sinatra is dead or let them find out for themselves ? 😂

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

So no doubt TAT will play this down whilst urgently looking for another superstar the rest of the world has never heard of.  Should we tell them Frank Sinatra is dead or let them find out for themselves ? 😂

Hahahahahaha .. superb .. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, gummy said:

They should try Elvis and Michael Jackson next, TAT are good at bringing dead figures back to life...🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hmmm....yep....ok....I might need to take a moment or two just to take in the enormous ramifications of this decision. Personally, I'm absolutely, positively shattered at this news.... I may have to go into a period of...dare I say it...mourning! As I am sure the members of TAT are....what now? 

8 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

They should try Elvis and Michael Jackson next, TAT are good at bringing dead figures back to life...🤣

There used to be an Elvis  event in Jomtien  I think weekly , please someone correct me if I am wrong.  Maybe TAT people went there ?

12 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

There used to be an Elvis  event in Jomtien  I think weekly , please someone correct me if I am wrong.  Maybe TAT people went there ?

Pavarotti's not available neither .. 

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

That's what you get for opening your mouth first without any thinking or planning.

But at least that's something they're consistently good at 🤣

She loves Thailand so much she would never decline..🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

She loves Thailand so much she would never decline..🤣🤣🤣

I heard she had another pressing engagement.

Babysitting the neighbours kids, and the parents don't keep 35% of her fee 🥴

How stupid is this? So basically the Thai govt didn’t fxcking do a thing and just opened their mouth said “we will invite so and so to our ny party”??? I would think normally when such a news was announced, all the inner working details including agreements, contracts, costs and etc should have all been ironed out already. WTH, is that the norm of this culture? I will never conduct company businesses with Thais. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

How stupid is this? So basically the Thai govt didn’t fxcking do a thing and just opened their mouth said “we will invite so and so to our ny party”??? I would think normally when such a news was announced, all the inner working details including agreements, contracts, costs and etc should have all been ironed out already. WTH, is that the norm of this culture? I will never conduct company businesses with Thais. 

What you expect from these incompetent clowns in charge thats their standards over the last 7 years and accomplished nothing, only that the economy went down and more corruption. Same like the TAT they always open their mouth without thinking first and it I guess they are involved in this flop, too.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PhayakPeter said:

All the Coe application buffalo shit was probably the reason. 

I'm sure a government invitation would have found a way around that.

But Thailand is only supreme to the Thais as long as they don't know any better.

And as she is young, lives in Korea and has seen some of the world, she probably has better options and may be more aligned with different political views too.

• Like 1

Once they leave and become famous they don't seem to care much about their home country. 

Tiger Woods comes back about once every 10 years to see his mother, but never plays golf here AFAIK

• Haha 1