Jump to content

News Forum - BlackPink’s Lisa says “no” to Phuket New Year countdown event


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Grand plans by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, to attract international acts for a New Year countdown concert in Phuket, has come crashing down today now that YG Entertainment in South Korea, the management for the K-pop star Lalisa “Lisa” Manoban, made an official statement saying she won’t be coming. The ‘BlackPink’ Thai-born star was a hot ticket for the event. The other attraction for the New Year celebrations is Italian superstar Andrea Bocelli, who has apparently confirmed his attendance, with some reports saying the tenor will perform in Phuket, and other reports saying Bangkok. The news outlet Coconuts Bangkok says […]

The story BlackPink’s Lisa says “no” to Phuket New Year countdown event as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Phew .. how disappointing , what a shame , what a pity , but never mind .. but what was the deal anyway ? like was she supposed to duet with Bocelli which is a bit like asking someone who can sort of play a stylophone to get on a harp ..  

Edited by Dedinbed
Sp
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So no doubt TAT will play this down whilst urgently looking for another superstar the rest of the world has never heard of.  Should we tell them Frank Sinatra is dead or let them find out for themselves ? 😂

  • Like 3
  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

So no doubt TAT will play this down whilst urgently looking for another superstar the rest of the world has never heard of.  Should we tell them Frank Sinatra is dead or let them find out for themselves ? 😂

Hahahahahaha .. superb .. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Hahahahahaha .. superb .. 

Nearly as funny as 'the news outlet Coconuts.'

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Poolie said:

Nearly as funny as 'the news outlet Coconuts.'

Well at least the last 4 letters are correct 😂

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, gummy said:

So no doubt TAT will play this down whilst urgently looking for another superstar the rest of the world has never heard of.  Should we tell them Frank Sinatra is dead or let them find out for themselves ? 😂

They should try Elvis and Michael Jackson next, TAT are good at bringing dead figures back to life...🤣

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm....yep....ok....I might need to take a moment or two just to take in the enormous ramifications of this decision. Personally, I'm absolutely, positively shattered at this news.... I may have to go into a period of...dare I say it...mourning! As I am sure the members of TAT are....what now? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hahaha is all what i can say one more example of the great thai gouvernement that did not work out well   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

They should try Elvis and Michael Jackson next, TAT are good at bringing dead figures back to life...🤣

There used to be an Elvis  event in Jomtien  I think weekly , please someone correct me if I am wrong.  Maybe TAT people went there ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's what you get for opening your mouth first without any thinking or planning.

But at least that's something they're consistently good at 🤣

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

They should try Elvis and Michael Jackson next, TAT are good at bringing dead figures back to life...🤣

 

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

There used to be an Elvis  event in Jomtien  I think weekly , please someone correct me if I am wrong.  Maybe TAT people went there ?

Pavarotti's not available neither .. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

That's what you get for opening your mouth first without any thinking or planning.

But at least that's something they're consistently good at 🤣

She loves Thailand so much she would never decline..🤣🤣🤣

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Pavarotti's not available neither .. 

One of those is my favourite, deep pan with extra cheese 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

She loves Thailand so much she would never decline..🤣🤣🤣

I heard she had another pressing engagement.

Babysitting the neighbours kids, and the parents don't keep 35% of her fee 🥴

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

One of those is my favourite, deep pan with extra cheese 😁

Extra pineapple on mine ta...😊

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How stupid is this? So basically the Thai govt didn’t fxcking do a thing and just opened their mouth said “we will invite so and so to our ny party”??? I would think normally when such a news was announced, all the inner working details including agreements, contracts, costs and etc should have all been ironed out already. WTH, is that the norm of this culture? I will never conduct company businesses with Thais. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

How stupid is this? So basically the Thai govt didn’t fxcking do a thing and just opened their mouth said “we will invite so and so to our ny party”??? I would think normally when such a news was announced, all the inner working details including agreements, contracts, costs and etc should have all been ironed out already. WTH, is that the norm of this culture? I will never conduct company businesses with Thais. 

What you expect from these incompetent clowns in charge thats their standards over the last 7 years and accomplished nothing, only that the economy went down and more corruption. Same like the TAT they always open their mouth without thinking first and it I guess they are involved in this flop, too.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PhayakPeter said:

All the Coe application buffalo shit was probably the reason. 

I'm sure a government invitation would have found a way around that.

But Thailand is only supreme to the Thais as long as they don't know any better.

And as she is young, lives in Korea and has seen some of the world, she probably has better options and may be more aligned with different political views too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once they leave and become famous they don't seem to care much about their home country. 

Tiger Woods comes back about once every 10 years to see his mother, but never plays golf here AFAIK

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PhayakPeter said:

All the Coe application buffalo shit was probably the reason. 

She's Thai.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

She's Thai.

Didn't know that; it makes it a slap in the face more obvious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use