News Forum - PM Prayut Chan-o-cha to outline Thailand’s path to net zero at UN Climate Change Conference

Thaiger

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha will outline Thailand’s push to achieve carbon neutrality by 2065 at the 26th UN Climate Change Conference in the United Kingdom next week. The Bangkok Post has reported Prayut will formally announce the country’s new pledge and provide details about its long-term strategies to drive down greenhouse gas emissions. In essence, he will provide a roadmap of how Thailand will go about meeting its net zero goal. Natural Resources and Environment Minister Varawut Silpa-archa emphasised the seriousness with which the government regards climate change, describing it as “one of the most concerning issues”. Varawut added that as […]

The story PM Prayut Chan-o-cha to outline Thailand’s path to net zero at UN Climate Change Conference as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

All the COP 26 will need now is the presence of the Burmese Junta leader to make a full set of immoral morons. I just hope Greta Thunberg don't call the Thai PM a pig faced hypocrite as he will possibly spray her with alcohol.

Just now, gummy said:

All the COP 26 will need now is the presence of the Burmese Junta leader to make a full set of immoral morons. I just hope Greta Thunberg don't call the Thai PM a pig faced hypocrite as he will possibly spray her with alcohol.

Hope she's reading this forum ☺️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Hope she's reading this forum ☺️

I think she is so full of herself ever since her Father pushed her into the public limelight that she must read everything 😉

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

He'll leave his double to deal with her while he entertains the delegates with his elephant's trunk impersonation .. 

IMG_20211028_100034.jpg

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Dedinbed said:

He'll leave his double to deal with her while he entertains the delegates with his elephant's trunk impersonation .. 

IMG_20211028_100034.jpg

Well you'd expect it to be a trunk call, all the way to Thailand from Glasgow.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

And what about all the hot air produced in Parliament and PR speeches?

That will be used for his balloon to travel there

Screenshot_20211028-161923_Opera.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I don't know about you....but I'm on the edge of my seat!

Know what you mean. However despite my disdain for this PM I have to be honest and suggest that he is no more of a hypocrite than the rest of the world leaders that will attend. It will all be nice talk and promises, commitments to to do this that and the other yet not one of them will sign up to a legal commitment to undertake any of it. It will just be yet another junket to appease the climatologists and their supporters but ultimately no more than an attempt to gain support for their own respective ballot boxes.  Am I cynical ? Too true I am.

14 minutes ago, gummy said:

Know what you mean. However despite my disdain for this PM I have to be honest and suggest that he is no more of a hypocrite than the rest of the world leaders that will attend. It will all be nice talk and promises, commitments to to do this that and the other yet not one of them will sign up to a legal commitment to undertake any of it. It will just be yet another junket to appease the climatologists and their supporters but ultimately no more than an attempt to gain support for their own respective ballot boxes.  Am I cynical ? Too true I am.

Yes I too wonder why he isn't making concrete promises for 44 years time..........

Even Greta the Shrill will be in her dotage by then.

Just now, Poolie said:

Yes I too wonder why he isn't making concrete promises for 44 years time..........

Even Greta the Shrill will be in her dotage by then.

Maybe TAT could request the PM to ask Greta to make a personal New Years appearance in Thailand ? At least it would ensure 2023 starts off as a damp squid so could only get better.

1 hour ago, Malc-Thai said:

That will be used for his balloon to travel there

Screenshot_20211028-161923_Opera.jpg

I personally think his flared ego could fly him there easily. 

• Haha 2

The tourist industry in Thailand depends on the burning of large quantities of jet fuel to transport tourists in and out the Kingdom. Those giant airplanes are not going to work on batteries. Then there are the 10 million vehicles currently on Thai roads powered by burning fossil fuels. Even if they are all replaced by electric vehicles the electricity to power them would have to be generated by burning fossil fuels in Thailand. So just how does the PM propose to lower the Kingdom's carbon footprint ?

Best thing that could happen for Thailand would be for all the others at the meeting to refuse to have their photo taken in his presence, don't listen to his lies and totally ignore him.

Wishful thinking I know.

16 hours ago, gummy said:

I thought the absolute worst of the worst was Scott Morrison and the Australian government.  Their net zero policy consists of doing absolutely nothing confident that a combination of future technology and magical thinking will achieve the desired result.  Not that they actually believe any of that guff.

11 hours ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

The tourist industry in Thailand depends on the burning of large quantities of jet fuel to transport tourists in and out the Kingdom. Those giant airplanes are not going to work on batteries. Then there are the 10 million vehicles currently on Thai roads powered by burning fossil fuels. Even if they are all replaced by electric vehicles the electricity to power them would have to be generated by burning fossil fuels in Thailand. So just how does the PM propose to lower the Kingdom's carbon footprint ?

A combination of solar plus wind and nuclear would work. 

Er......better skip the nuclear because Thailand.